Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone-

After my failed experiment with google fi for my in car connection (could never get it to connect). I moved to freedom pop. I downgraded to the free plan (200mb/month), which they make it very painful and hard to do because they hide all he buttons.

However, i was looking at my credit card bill and noticed a 7.99 charge, I went to my freedom pop page and saw I had the free plan, so i was confused.

Well, under the services section I saw they had me with a 7.99 premium "services" plan that gave me voicemail etc... stuff I don't need. The downgrade button was in plain grey text in the lower right hand corner of the screen and is pretty hard to spot.

Just a heads up....

dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Everyone-

After my failed experiment with google fi for my in car connection (could never get it to connect). I moved to freedom pop. I downgraded to the free plan (200mb/month), which they make it very painful and hard to do because they hide all he buttons.

However, i was looking at my credit card bill and noticed a 7.99 charge, I went to my freedom pop page and saw I had the free plan, so i was confused.

Well, under the services section I saw they had me with a 7.99 premium "services" plan that gave me voicemail etc... stuff I don't need. The downgrade button was in plain grey text in the lower right hand corner of the screen and is pretty hard to spot.

Just a heads up....

dave
Thanks. I'm thinking about getting the FP for my FP as well :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
FYI, so far I've found that normal usage runs nicely below the 200mb free plan (based on 1,000 miles/mo). Most of that is background data that you're not really using. I haven't yet run over the limit to see what happens - cut off or incur a bill. In my Freedom Pop plan options, I declined the automatic refill/charge. In a pinch, I suppose you could turn it off, pull the sim, or just buy a data plan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe you can actually limit the data usage in the setup screen.. I think. I'll have to look at it or read the manual..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts