Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the new alfa romeo suv appear to resemble the fpace in some, certainly not all, aspects. Kind of reminds me of a good looking girl who kind of resembles a famed actress. THe fpace is definitely better looking, but the new alfa romeo does look interesting. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Is it just me or does the new alfa romeo suv appear to resemble the fpace in some, certainly not all, aspects. Kind of reminds me of a good looking girl who kind of resembles a famed actress. THe fpace is definitely better looking, but the new alfa romeo does look interesting. What do you think?
Haha there was a thread on the Giulia already. But I think its one of the most unattractive designs out there. Right behind the new RX 350 from Lexus. Terrible design, the front end looks like it has the Bermuda triangle tacked onto it. The rear resembles the Maserati Levante a bit so I dont mind that as much but the front is just hideous.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Haha there was a thread on the Giulia already. But I think its one of the most unattractive designs out there. Right behind the new RX 350 from Lexus. Terrible design, the front end looks like it has the Bermuda triangle tacked onto it. The rear resembles the Maserati Levante a bit so I dont mind that as much but the front is just hideous.
Have to laugh at the RX350 quote. My business partner got the RX350 F sport and I got the F Pace R sport. In my opinion, it is one of the ugliest vehicles on the road and I could not get past that massive front end. Now I know why. The Bermuda Triangle resides there.

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Have to laugh at the RX350 quote. My business partner got the RX350 F sport and I got the F Pace R sport. In my opinion, it is one of the ugliest vehicles on the road and I could not get past that massive front end. Now I know why. The Bermuda Triangle resides there.
Haha I was actually referring to the Giulia, because it has that odd looking triangle shaped middle grill. The Lexus is more like a strange looking hour glass thats been flattened out. I think the F-sport of the RX looks a bit better than the regular RX in the grille area. But the F-pace is the most beautiful SUV on the road, hands down. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, Ian Callum deserves an award with what he has done with the F-pace.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I do think the Alpha looks good from some angles, but others not so much. That front end with the signature Alpha triangle grill is something you either like or don't like that's clear.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Actually, I disagree with you guys. I like the look of the new RX 350. I disliked the previous gen; it was too soft looking, too weak. The new look is aggressive. It is a F-U look, which is cool. The problem I have with the RX 350 is performance. It is a plush, luxury SUV with a great price, outstanding reliability and build quality, and the best service in the business. However, it is not a performance SUV.

The car reminds me of the last time I was in court. I'm waiting for my case to be called and the case in front of me involved a charge against a big muscle bound dude. I mean this guy was ripped. Washboard abs, biceps like melons, forearms like Popeye, tats everywhere. The average guy's nightmare encounter on the streets. The plaintiff is this hot little dish with hair up in a bun. Under direct, this fearsome looking dude starts sniffling. Then he starts sobbing. Then he breaks down bawling like a baby--tears dripping, snot bubbling from his nose. The bailiff brings him a box of tissues. Meanwhile the hot little dish, his ex-squeeze, turns and looks directly at me. She rolls her eyes and grins at me as if to say "that p*&^#y. To think I dated this soft as cotton punk. Be a man." That's how I view the Lexus RX 350. It's like that dude on the stand. Hard on the outside, soft as cotton on the inside. She was the one who was hard and tough, but soft and pretty on the outside.

You can't judge a book, a person, or a car by the outside.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually, I disagree with you guys. I like the look of the new RX 350. I disliked the previous gen; it was too soft looking, too weak. The new look is aggressive. It is a F-U look, which is cool. The problem I have with the RX 350 is performance. It is a plush, luxury SUV with a great price, outstanding reliability and build quality, and the best service in the business. However, it is not a performance SUV.

The car reminds me of the last time I was in court. I'm waiting for my case to be called and the case in front of me involved a charge against a big muscle bound dude. I mean this guy was ripped. Washboard abs, biceps like melons, forearms like Popeye, tats everywhere. The average guy's nightmare encounter on the streets. The plaintiff is this hot little dish with hair up in a bun. Under direct, this fearsome looking dude starts sniffling. Then he starts sobbing. Then he breaks down bawling like a baby. The bailiff brings him a box of tissues. Meanwhile the hot little dish, his ex-squeeze, turns and looks directly at me. She rolls her eyes and grins at me as if to say "that p*&^#y. To think I dated this soft as cotton punk. Be a man." That's how I view the Lexus RX 350. It's like that dude on the stand. Hard on the outside, soft as cotton on the inside. She was the one who was hard and tough, but soft and pretty on the outside.

You can't judge a book, a person, or a car by the outside.
Love the example. And it's quite accurate. My business partner's main complaint is that it rides too smoothly and is not much fun to drive. By comparison, in my F Pace, you feel the road and drive. It feels good. In the Lexus, you sort of glide over the road and see how fast you are going and say, wow, can you believe we were going that fast? It's nice, and everything works as it should, but no fun.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great example, haha. Looked at the RX and NX when shopping and agree - great looking, at least to me (my wife thought it was ok and it grew on her) but so compliant and comfortable it doesn't provide any driving excitement. Which is great if that is what you want and considering the demographic, probably all Toyota wanted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Alfa also has shortened a Ferrari 90 degree V-8 to make a twin turbo 2.9 liter V-6 with 505 hp/443 ft-lbs. Alfa left out the balance shaft Jag added to this layout to smooth the engine, so raucous engine vibration is handled by....motor mounts!!!

Ferrari engines are already a maintenance nightmare, so keep that bank account full if you own one!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Okie and MTHM

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The Alfa also has shortened a Ferrari 90 degree V-8 to make a twin turbo 2.9 liter V-6 with 505 hp/443 ft-lbs. Alfa left out the balance shaft Jag added to this layout to smooth the engine, so raucous engine vibration is handled by....motor mounts!!!

Ferrari engines are already a maintenance nightmare, so keep that bank account full if you own one!:rolleyes:
They may be a maintenance nightmare but my goodness does Ferrari know what they are doing when it comes to engines and driving dynamics. When I was in Las Vegas last year I drove the Ferrari F12 berlinetta around a track and I have never enjoyed a car more than I did the Ferrari. Fantastic dynamics; you could go around tight corners and just barely kick the back end loose and it would come right around when you wanted it to, I never felt out of control once and I was going triple digits 75% of the time. If I had the money that would be my daily driver; and I wouldn't mind all of the speeding tickets because if I had that car that would mean I could afford the tickets haha

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it just me, or does Stelvio look really small (like BMW X3 small)?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Used Ferrari 355

They may be a maintenance nightmare but my goodness does Ferrari know what they are doing when it comes to engines and driving dynamics. When I was in Las Vegas last year I drove the Ferrari F12 berlinetta around a track and I have never enjoyed a car more than I did the Ferrari. Fantastic dynamics; you could go around tight corners and just barely kick the back end loose and it would come right around when you wanted it to, I never felt out of control once and I was going triple digits 75% of the time. If I had the money that would be my daily driver; and I wouldn't mind all of the speeding tickets because if I had that car that would mean I could afford the tickets haha
Check out this Ferrari "Tale from the crypt":
Here?s Why You Should Never Buy A Ferrari F355

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah BUT, rethink the Alfa Romeo?

Stelvio Quadrifolio 3.9 177mph 505HP
Macan Turbo w/perf. pack 4.2 169mph 440HP
Macan Turbo 4.6 164mph 400HP
MB AMG GLC43 4.7 130mph 362HP
Audi SQ5 5.1 155mph 354HP
BMW X3 35i 5.3 127mph 300HP

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Yeah BUT, rethink the Alfa Romeo?

Stelvio Quadrifolio 3.9 177mph 505HP
Macan Turbo w/perf. pack 4.2 169mph 440HP
Macan Turbo 4.6 164mph 400HP
MB AMG GLC43 4.7 130mph 362HP
Audi SQ5 5.1 155mph 354HP
BMW X3 35i 5.3 127mph 300HP
All thanks to the glorious 2.9L Ferrari sourced V6, makes one hel* of a noise to.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
All thanks to the glorious 2.9L Ferrari sourced V6, makes one hel* of a noise to.
The problem is the Stelvio, like the Audi and the Macan, is just too **** small! Ian Callum and JLR hit the bullseye by slzing the F-Pace where they did because by doing so they've shrewdly come out with a performance CUV that can haul like a Cayenne but is a lot better looking, better handling than that whale, and significantly less expensive when comparing variants with similar performance and options. Everyone else is either a 7-seater rolling living room, or too dang tiny like the X3, MB GLC, Porsche Macan, AR Stelvio. Even the Levante is too long. It's closer in size to the Cayenne.

Perfect pitch by Jaguar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alfa Romeo or Alfa Rustbucket!! Brilliant engines but the bodywork always fell apart. Have things changed? Jaguar wins everytime.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts