Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone evaluated the FP R-Sport specs and options/price/features vs the new Audi SQ5 Canadian or US specs?

They seem similar engine wise in performance. 340hp vs 352hp, less than 1 second difference 0-60. Tech specs are different but similar. Air suspension for the Audi is a plus for off-roaders. Interior options/look seem more luxurious on the SQ5 web pages. Safety options are similar but different. Pricing for a relatively fully loaded SQ5 is 70K vs 80K Canadian for the R-Sport. Both include int. Lux pks, Safety, Tech, 20" wheels, 'Pro' type displays and Nav.

The looks of the FP, in my opinion are superior for car buffs wanting a sporty exclusive over all Look. Then again, an opinion is subjective. Price wise vs features/specs seem to favour the the Audi. I have not yet read any reviews from the same reviewers that have road tested both the FP & Audi SQ5.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Previous gen SQ5 was a solid car (have one in my stable :) ). Not sure anyone has cross shopped the new SQ5 to the F-Pace yet, but they are both great vehicles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reckon, my wife has a Q5 and I have driven it numerous times. That is the key reason that I am trying to compare a FP S and the new Audi 2018 SQ5 which I have not test driven. I have test driven the FP S, R Sport and Prestige. To say the least all three Jags are the epitimy of a true sports car that puts a HUGE smile on ones face and soul. HUGE seems to be a popular word these days.

The key comparison I can make between the S 380 hp and my wife's 2014 220 hp Q5 is the Jag is a an engaging amazingly fun to drive sports SUV and the Q5 is more of a family hauler, although a pretty comfortable quiet reliable reasonably priced luxury SUV. Although the FP is going through its first year teething problems which is a bit discouraging, I suppose the Q5 may have had its own first year issues way back when it was first introduced.

I have seen YouTube video reviews of both but not a head to head comparison. I am on the borderline of ordering an S but have not done so since I am waiting for the 2018 info to be put into the Jag configurator. I am strongly rooting for the Jag, however the Audi S is a tantalizing cerebral and financial choice versus the Jag being a choice of the heart and soul along with that head turner look and exclusive cache of the brand.

Let's not forget that the S seems to have a ten grand premium for a similarly equipped car, and that's before any new pricing being published. Let's hope that Jaguar does not overly milk it's out of the turnstiles sprint to its current best ever record initial sales of any Jaguar ever introduced.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, the SQ5 with its 354hp and 347ftlb is no slouch and, in my opinion, will beat out the F-Pace in the sportiness department. My wife loves her 2014 SQ5 over the FPace, which is why I am driving the FPace, haha. I prefer the FPace as it is more comfortable and not as harsh suspension wise as the SQ5, but even so, the SQ5 would beat it in a race by a few tenths of a second. And the FPace S doesn't buy you much more over the FPace in terms of power and speed...sure it has more HP but its not much faster (some times show it to be a tick slower than the regular 3.0 model due to the wheels and weight) so I don't feel you are getting a great amount of bang for your buck - only caveat to that is the options you get with the S (color combinations) that aren't available with the regular model.

The all new SQ5 is going to be similar to the old with the exception of new technology and better torque. Of course it will look a little different being a major model change, but HP numbers are similar and 0-60 times are similar. Plus, with tech being passed down from the acclaimed new Q7, its bound to be a great vehicle. So much so that my wife will probably want to trade in her SQ5 for a new one in another 2-3 years.

I would highly recommend test driving the new SQ5 when possible - only drawback is that it probably wont be here in the US till later this year...maybe early summer if lucky. The 2018 FPace wont be much different than the 2017 and will have a higher price tag as Jaguar is probably now ready to sell it for its actual price instead of the mark down they introduced it with to get it to sell.

On the plus side, getting an FPace over the SQ5 (both cars are amazing and you cant go wrong with either) means that you will stand out more. The SQ5 is barely distinguishable from the Q5 and Audis are usually all over the road (I see 30 Q5s a day, no joke - but only see an FPace like once a month, if that).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well, the SQ5 with its 354hp and 347ftlb is no slouch and, in my opinion, will beat out the F-Pace in the sportiness department. My wife loves her 2014 SQ5 over the FPace, which is why I am driving the FPace, haha. I prefer the FPace as it is more comfortable and not as harsh suspension wise as the SQ5, but even so, the SQ5 would beat it in a race by a few tenths of a second. And the FPace S doesn't buy you much more over the FPace in terms of power and speed...sure it has more HP but its not much faster (some times show it to be a tick slower than the regular 3.0 model due to the wheels and weight) so I don't feel you are getting a great amount of bang for your buck - only caveat to that is the options you get with the S (color combinations) that aren't available with the regular model.

The all new SQ5 is going to be similar to the old with the exception of new technology and better torque. Of course it will look a little different being a major model change, but HP numbers are similar and 0-60 times are similar. Plus, with tech being passed down from the acclaimed new Q7, its bound to be a great vehicle. So much so that my wife will probably want to trade in her SQ5 for a new one in another 2-3 years.

I would highly recommend test driving the new SQ5 when possible - only drawback is that it probably wont be here in the US till later this year...maybe early summer if lucky. The 2018 FPace wont be much different than the 2017 and will have a higher price tag as Jaguar is probably now ready to sell it for its actual price instead of the mark down they introduced it with to get it to sell.

On the plus side, getting an FPace over the SQ5 (both cars are amazing and you cant go wrong with either) means that you will stand out more. The SQ5 is barely distinguishable from the Q5 and Audis are usually all over the road (I see 30 Q5s a day, no joke - but only see an FPace like once a month, if that).
My determining factor of picking the F-Pace over the Q5 was the exterior look along with the exclusivity. It also has the power it just lacks some in the refinement of the interior and features. I live in Southern California and you see Q5's all the time. Plus the Q5 exterior, in my opinion, is pretty basic, similar to the Mercedes GLC300. Even the SQ5 version, even though it is more sporty, is still too similar to the look of the Q5. The Q5 is definitely more refined as it has been made for so long Audi has improved it through several generations. It will take a while for Jaguar to catch up as we, unfortunately, are still in the early stage of F-Pace refinement. I will take the rawness, the exterior look, and exclusivity of the F-Pace over the staid and refined Q5, GLC's, Volvo's, etc. any day. Of course, this is just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts