Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 FPace blows cold air out ac vent and floor until car warms. Another time, works good but when idling, cold air came our of heater vents.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
So cold air coming out of the vents before the car warms up is normal. The engine needs to be warm for the heater to produce warm air. When Idling is not normal if the car is warmed up completely. The only exception to that might be if you car is stopped and you Auto/Start Stop kicks in I'm guessing the hot air could get a little cooler, but should still be warm. I am commenting there without specific experience since I have my Auto start/stop disabled.

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
If you have the fan speed set to anything other than auto the fan will blow either hot or cold depending on the set temp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So cold air coming out of the vents before the car warms up is normal. The engine needs to be warm for the heater to produce warm air. When Idling is not normal if the car is warmed up completely. The only exception to that might be if you car is stopped and you Auto/Start Stop kicks in I'm guessing the hot air could get a little cooler, but should still be warm. I am commenting there without specific experience since I have my Auto start/stop disabled.
I have had two other Jags, Lexus and Caddy and never have I had it to blow cold air our of the ac vents like the ac is on before car heated up. They have always stayed off until car is heated which doesn't take long. I mean you are freezing your buns off while all that cold air is blowing out on you. And I do have everything or auto. Just was curious before I take my car in to the dealer what could be the problem. Could that be a thermostat problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
One possible remedy might be what many have done in the past for varied problems and that is to turn the car off, lock the doors and wait 15-30 minutes then unlock and start the car. When the car is locked it gives the ECU the chance to reboot. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ettie,

I don't disagree with you, it would be great if the car would wait to ramp up the blower until the engine is warm and the air warmed as well. However, both of my F-Paces, a 2017 and my current 2019 did the exact same thing. Does it in the summer as well with the Aircon.

Reactions: mkauffm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Earlier JLR vehicles did exactly this - when on Auto the HVAC ran at min fan until the coolant warmed up a bit, or the AC compressor had time to cool the air. Then the system ramped the fan speed up. I found this a perfectly sensible solution, however there were a significant number of customer complaints about this behavior. I'm guessing that JLR figured to go the other way to stop complaints.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It certainly wouldn't take much intelligence/programming to leave the fan off in auto until heat presents in winter, and yet have the fan run in summer and then just fill in with colder air as availalble... but that would make too much sense, wouldn't it... This is a great vehicle, but their developmental benchmarking against the competitors left a lot to be desired...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts