Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along last week got a msg that Blind Spot Monitoring was not working. Right afterwards the infotainment screen went blank.
The wife suggested being its her car a simple reset by turning the vehicle off, and restarting it. Well, came to a stop light, shut the
vehicle off and that was it. It would not start. A msg on the dash said vehicle does not recognize key fob. Another msg stated SOS
function was limited. Pressed the start button numerous times to no avail. After roughly 14 minutes, the vehicle came back to life
and started. Off we were again on our journey and the same issues appeared again. First, Blind Spot Monitoring msg, then
infotainment screen went blank. This time we did not shut the vehicle off and the car reset itself as we backed into the driveway.

Took the Fpace to the dealer and they believe the problem was related to a grounding issue. Of the numerous places on the vehicle where
wires are grounded, it appears some were not attached cleanly or as he put it "a few were compromised". Each problem area was
redone and so far everything is back to working great as it did before the issue. The repairs to about a week as I guess there are numerous grounding points on the vehicle so insulation and trim had to be removed and replaced. It may be a manufacturing issue as it appears the grounds were not attached cleanly during production.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Build date was on or around March 8, 2016.

Probably the 7th (it was Monday). From the symptoms, a grounding issue sounds likely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

Since getting our F-Pace back from the dealer at the beginning of March, the same problems have recurred multiple times. The first time
2 weeks after the return along with the initial problems we also could not access the vehicle. The vehicle did not recognize the key fob's so
we had no way to get in the vehicle as it was locked. The dealer had our vehicle towed from our garage and it was in their service department for over 30+ days. A Jaguar rep was flown in to help diagnose the problem and it sounded like they took the vehicle apart and
put it back together installing a new computer module as well. Upon return of the vehicle a couple weeks later same glitches began to reappear. The infotainment screen would go blank and blind spot monitoring not working upon backing into the garage. The following week i pulled into Gander Mountain and was unable to lock the vehicle upon exit. Door locks didn't work or the key fob. After some time the doors finally locked with the key fob. Leaving Gander Mountain i was able to enter the vehicle, but it would not start. The F-Pace did not recognize the key fob. After some time again, the vehicle started and we were on our way. The last episode similar to the others, backed into the garage, next afternoon locked out of vehicle again. No access due to key fob unrecognizable. Dealer came to the house could not access the vehicle either with key fob. After using a key, the dealer rep was able to open the vehicle, but unable to start it. So we now have 2 F-Pace's, one that doesn't work, and a loaner that does. I must say as frustrating as this has been, our dealer has been very helpful to our needs. They plan to tow it back to the dealership after the holiday and we go from there. To be continued...........

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I would request them to either buy it back or give you a brand new one. Thats unacceptable.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Just from a common sense idea..has anyone looked at changing the batteries in the FOB?..Or does this problem occur with both FOBS?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I guess the F-pace gods were mad that I made my last comment because after stopping at a gas station to get gas I got back in and there was no volume what so ever. I stopped and restarted it, still no volume and now it said there is no RCTA available. I am getting exhausted with the amount of problems that keep on popping up and am actually excited to get a loaner when this POS goes in for service. I have eleven things I requested my service department check, that is just sad.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I am getting exhausted with the amount of problems that keep on popping up and am actually excited to get a loaner when this POS goes in for service. I have eleven things I requested my service department check, that is just sad.
Jman, so sorry to hear of your troubles, you were one of the more vocal advocates for the FP last year. I trust you will work through these and regain the way you once felt.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Jman, so sorry to hear of your troubles, you were one of the more vocal advocates for the FP last year. I trust you will work through these and regain the way you once felt.
This just happened so very frustrated. I have shut it off and locked it and will leave it that way for a few hours. Hopefully on start up it will somehow heal itself and volume will come back as normal and RCTA will work again. I am praying that the dealer is able to replicate my issues first of all and second will be able to fix them. The F-pace is still the most beautiful car out there but looks only get you so far :(

Reactions: blackkitty

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
This just happened so very frustrated. I have shut it off and locked it and will leave it that way for a few hours. Hopefully on start up it will somehow heal itself and volume will come back as normal and RCTA will work again. I am praying that the dealer is able to replicate my issues first of all and second will be able to fix them. The F-pace is still the most beautiful car out there but looks only get you so far :(
Sorry to hear about your latest F-Pace challenges, Jman97, but clear something up for me. What exactly is RCTA?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Sorry to hear about your latest F-Pace challenges, Jman97, but clear something up for me. What exactly is RCTA?
Rear cross traffic alert. First the sound died on the radio after I started it up, tried everything to bring it back. Then all of a sudden when I went to reverse it made a beep sound and a message popped up in the instrument cluster and on the backup camera screen a little symbol showed up that showed it was unavailable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I guess the F-pace gods were mad that I made my last comment because after stopping at a gas station to get gas I got back in and there was no volume what so ever. I stopped and restarted it, still no volume and now it said there is no RCTA available. I am getting exhausted with the amount of problems that keep on popping up and am actually excited to get a loaner when this POS goes in for service. I have eleven things I requested my service department check, that is just sad.
I have not posted in awhile as I was tired of complaining but this quote sucked me back in. I had the exact same issue with the RCTA on top of so many other issues. I also get pretty happy when a loaner arrives. Pretty sad huh? Can you say POS? I seriously can't wait for my lease to just be over.

Reactions: blackkitty

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I guess the F-pace gods were mad that I made my last comment because after stopping at a gas station to get gas I got back in and there was no volume what so ever.
May I suggest that you check to see if you accidentally hit the *MUTE BUTTON on the Steering Wheel* !!!>:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rear cross traffic alert. First the sound died on the radio after I started it up, tried everything to bring it back. Then all of a sudden when I went to reverse it made a beep sound and a message popped up in the instrument cluster and on the backup camera screen a little symbol showed up that showed it was unavailable.
Strangely enough this happened to me recently for the first time. I tried everything (volume, radio power, etc) and the radio would stick in this "media" mode and wont' change to my ipod, radio, or phone. No volume whatsoever. Restarting the car did nothing. I had to turn off the car, lock it, walk away, and return to it so that it the car has the chance to fully "turn off" the electronics and reboot. I restarted the car and everything worked again.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Strangely enough this happened to me recently for the first time. I tried everything (volume, radio power, etc) and the radio would stick in this "media" mode and wont' change to my ipod, radio, or phone. No volume whatsoever. Restarting the car did nothing. I had to turn off the car, lock it, walk away, and return to it so that it the car has the chance to fully "turn off" the electronics and reboot. I restarted the car and everything worked again.

Since posters are not indicating, are all these issues with ICTP equipped vehicles only?
I'm wondering if it is a continuation of the struggles with ICTP.
I have had none of these issues so far with my ICT FP.:|

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Did the same exact thing for me except I was able to switch between Radio, XM, media and even my bluetooth. The volume indicator at the top of the ICTP screen quickly showed it was on 30 but then disappeared. Like you, my last attempt was to shut the car, lock it and let it completely shut down. Thankfully everything came back and worked as normal.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Continued

So yes the batteries in both fob's were checked. Yesterday Jaguar roadside assistance came to the house to tow
our car back to the dealership for the second time. It happened to be the same gentleman who towed it the first time.
Again removing part of the door handle to expose the lock where the key goes, we were able to get into the vehicle.
It still wouldn't start and didn't recognize the key fobs. The F-Pace was put into neutral via a switch under the hood and put on the hook for the tow. Upon hoisting the vehicle onto the flat bed, it was noticed that the electronic parking brake was still on. With no way to turn it off, a call to the dealer was made. They said try disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes. Okay, my tow person asks, were is the battery? Hmm, I think its in the back they say. After searching we found the batter underneath the spare. Had to remove the spare through the rear passenger door since we couldn't open the tailgate. Reconnected the battery after 5 minutes, pressed the start button, the electronic parking brake released, some info appeared on the dash, but the vehicle wouldn't start. Again key fob unrecognizable. F-Pace was towed to dealer. This morning the dealer said yesterday vehicle was completely dead, today it started and the mechanic drove it around. As of now it looks like they are going to buy it back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So yes the batteries in both fob's were checked. Yesterday Jaguar roadside assistance came to the house to tow
our car back to the dealership for the second time. It happened to be the same gentleman who towed it the first time.
Again removing part of the door handle to expose the lock where the key goes, we were able to get into the vehicle.
It still wouldn't start and didn't recognize the key fobs. The F-Pace was put into neutral via a switch under the hood and put on the hook for the tow. Upon hoisting the vehicle onto the flat bed, it was noticed that the electronic parking brake was still on. With no way to turn it off, a call to the dealer was made. They said try disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes. Okay, my tow person asks, were is the battery? Hmm, I think its in the back they say. After searching we found the batter underneath the spare. Had to remove the spare through the rear passenger door since we couldn't open the tailgate. Reconnected the battery after 5 minutes, pressed the start button, the electronic parking brake released, some info appeared on the dash, but the vehicle wouldn't start. Again key fob unrecognizable. F-Pace was towed to dealer. This morning the dealer said yesterday vehicle was completely dead, today it started and the mechanic drove it around. As of now it looks like they are going to buy it back.

Wow. I'm sorry that happened to you. Definitely a buyback. So what's your next move? Another F-Pace?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Glad they are quickly going the buy back route. It is a very strange situation to be sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts