Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 F-Pace 35T AWD Prestige
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi F-pacers,

Just booked a 2018 F-Pace 35T with AWD and 30,000 kms. Hoping to bring it home in a couple of days, once I line up the insurance.

I bought it from the dealership with the extended warranty that covers the F-Pace till late 2024. The dealership is also offering a number of additional protection packages mostly covering cosmetic repairs for dents, dings, windshield repairs, upholstery, stone guard protection, lost remote key replacements, TAG GPS tracking for theft protection etc...
Depending on the package it adds about $1-2k CAD each year for the next 6 years.

My experience from previous car purchases tells me that it's not worth buying protection upfront for things that are cosmetic or likely covered by insurance, especially since I do not expect to drive more than 15,000km in a year. However the FPace is the first luxury car I've bought and I'm not familiar with how much or how frequently cosmetic issues come up and need to be addressed.

I'd greatly appreciate some guidance from others on the forum if it's worth considering the added protection.

p.s. this is my first post on the forum, apologies if I missed anything in terms of forum etiquette

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
193 Posts
Your previous experience is telling you correctly. Watch a few You Tube videos on repairing stone chips and other paint correction repairs. Most insurance policies cover windshield/glass repairs and do not raise your premium if you make a glass claim. Get some leather cleaner/conditioner from the local auto parts store and do the seats two or three times per year. A $10 spray can of Scotchguard is enough to protect all of the carpeting from spills/stains.

Small dings and dents can usually be repaired inexpensively by anyone who does "paintless dent repair".

The only sure way to avoid dings, dents, stone chips, etc., is to leave the car in the garage with a cover on it!

Watch a You Tube video on how to properly wash a car without leaving scratches and swirl marks.

The best aftermarket product I have ever purchased is Ceramic Coating. It really needs to be professionally applied and costs around $1000. If you decide to have it done, make sure they do the alloy wheels and it will help to eliminate disc brake dust.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
515 Posts
Stu is right on.
Your cosmetic damage risk with a Jag is no greater than with a 2012 Corolla.
I heartily endorse the ceramic coating, especially for finish protection. Mine was done four years ago. Never been waxed, and still beads up after a rain. Metallic shine is still dazzling! And it's never been in a garage - exposed to the Florida elements 24/7.

Reactions: paulGTA2021

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just want to "2nd" the endorsement for ceramic coating. I had it done to my 2019 F-Pace and it still shines like new in spite of being outside during all seasons here in Colorado. Also . . . no chips or dings in the 2.5 years , so I suggest you pass on the extended warranty for cosmetic issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts