1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice review! I'm amazed how a Ferrari built engine and almost 100 more horsepower only improves the 0-60 time by a couple tenths of a second. Definitely a gas guzzler. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Nice review! I'm amazed how a Ferrari built engine and almost 100 more horsepower only improves the 0-60 time by a couple tenths of a second. Definitely a gas guzzler. Thanks for sharing.
I believe the Levante is nearly 5,000 pounds which makes my jaw drop. Maserati did absolutely nothing to save weight here which is a real bummer because if they could have kept the weight under 4500 pounds I bet the Levante would be a much better car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
These are the comparisons I like to see. Also anxious to see the future Grand Tour episode where they compare F-PACE to the Bentayga.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
These are the comparisons I like to see. Also anxious to see the future Grand Tour episode where they compare F-PACE to the Bentayga.
. .. if they don't cover it in raw meat or some other such nonsense.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
A Jaguar v. a Bentley? I dont really see the point of that at all. One starts at 42 thousand, the other 229 thousand. One has a supercharged V6, the other a twin-turbo V12. Jaguar is more sport, Bentley is ultra-luxury.

I would rather just see a comparison of the Bentayga v. the upcoming Lamborghini SUV.

Reactions: ndabunka and Trek

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
And that's the Top of the line Levante S vs. an R-SPort. The F-Pace S is three-tenths of a second quicker than the R-Sport because of the 40 extra hp. It's just as quick as the top of the line Levante S. I lot of buyers will go for a less powerful version of the Levante S, which is horse and buggy slow compared to any petrol F-Pace.

The funniest line in the written article is when the author talks about the Activity Key and writes, "who goes surfing in the UK?" :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
A comparison I would enjoy seeing is the Jaguar F-Pace v. the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. That would be worth watching.
I dont think their would be any competition, the Stelvio would win 100% (at least the top of the line stelvio would). That also has a Ferrari built engine and makes over 400 HP. The design is terrible but I have heard the driving dynamics are fantastic.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I dont think their would be any competition, the Stelvio would win 100% (at least the top of the line stelvio would). That also has a Ferrari built engine and makes over 400 HP. The design is terrible but I have heard the driving dynamics are fantastic.
Really? I'm not so sure it's that clear cut. Granted I haven't driven the Alfa, just seen it, but in any fair comparison all aspects are taken into consideration. The Jag is a great all rounder, so the Alfa would hv to beat it soundly in at least a few categories, not just one.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Alfa Romeo Stelvio, anteater meets one of the bugs from Starship Troopers. No.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be have to be a comparison between the F Pace S and the Alfa with the 380hp engine which may be coming to the guila

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Really? I'm not so sure it's that clear cut. Granted I haven't driven the Alfa, just seen it, but in any fair comparison all aspects are taken into consideration. The Jag is a great all rounder, so the Alfa would hv to beat it soundly in at least a few categories, not just one.
I have a feeling the interior is much better in the Alfa, the engine is more powerful, the driving dynamics are better. Granted I haven't driven it, just read some first drive reviews. I dont thing an old, heavy supercharged V6 is going to beat a Ferrari built engine.

But we will see when and if a comparison comes out.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
A Jaguar v. a Bentley? I dont really see the point of that at all. One starts at 42 thousand, the other 229 thousand. One has a supercharged V6, the other a twin-turbo V12. Jaguar is more sport, Bentley is ultra-luxury.

I would rather just see a comparison of the Bentayga v. the upcoming Lamborghini SUV.
Maybe it's my scot-irish cheap genes but a guy in our building has the Bentley, he looks ridiculous in it. It does nothing for me but say "I'm either rich, or good at pretending to be, and stupid." I've heard it's leased. Now a Bentley sedan or limo cruising around LA, that's a different story.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Maybe it's my scot-irish cheap genes but a guy in our building has the Bentley, he looks ridiculous in it. It does nothing for me but say "I'm either rich, or good at pretending to be, and stupid." I've heard it's leased. Now a Bentley sedan or limo cruising around LA, that's a different story.
Totally agree, a flying spur or continental GT; pure British luxury. But a $230,000 SUV... I don't understand it and never will. I don't even think its that good looking either. I would take the $65,000 F-pace before I touched the Bentayga.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
148 Posts

Because to even be mentioned in the same sentence is quite a shout out to Jaguar, don't you think?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Because to even be mentioned in the same sentence is quite a shout out to Jaguar, don't you think?
Not necessarily. There is a channel on youtube call the fast lane car. Depending on what cars they are given at the same time they will do a mashup. Ive seen an SUV compared to a truck, a hybrid compared to a regular petrol engine a dodge challenger hellcat vs. a C63 AMG, an F-type R vs. a Mustang. Now none of those make sense but they do it because they have the cars at the same time and they get views. In no way is the F-pace comparable to the Bentayga other than that they are both SUVs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts