Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curiosity, how is JLR going to honor service under elite care USA ( 5 years / 60K miles) warranty plan for 2017 MY F-Pace owners who has already done their 3rd service i.e. 48k miles. By the time another year goes by / or 16K miles, will the vehicle be considered still under warranty as the miles may be over 64k. In that case is the warranty over ? But if you log onto in control route planner, you will see your actual expiry date as 5 years from the day the car is sold / put on the road. If so will you be taking your car in for service before 60K / less than a year visit / less than the actual 16k miles yearly service. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think you can safely assume that JLR will honor the term of the warranty/elite care exactly the way it's stated. I'm not sure where the ambiguity is coming from for you?

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
1. But if you log onto in control route planner, you will see your actual expiry date as 5 years from the day the car is sold / put on the road.
2. will you be taking your car in for service
A. before 60K / NO
B.
less than a year visit / YES
C.
less than the actual 16k miles yearly service. YES
1. The reason they set the computer up for the 5-Year ,
is for the people that will reach the 5-Year mark BEFORE they reach the Mileage mark !

2. If you are at 48K-miles at your 3-Year Service ,
then you will most likely reach the 60K-miles BEFORE your 4th-Year mark !
So , that means sometime within your 3rd-Year , when you reach 60K-miles ,
you will go in for your FINAL Complimentary Service !

Look at it this way :
Some people will get 5-Years of Complimentary Service ,
because they didn't get 60K-miles out of it !
YOU , on the other hand , got 60K-miles of Complimentary Service , but did it in 3-Years+ !

Essentially , in the first 4-Years of ownership , it just means that YOU got to ENJOY the PLEASURE of DRIVING your F-PACE , more so then the other people !!!;):cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Also for incontrol - the terms are not related to the warranty, it just happens to be 5 years of service whether you drive 1 mile or 1 million.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If you are under 5 years and your next ot last recommended service mileage is 60K ...do you take it in at 59500 so that you are under? Can they refuse you at 60001 miles?

·
Registered
265 Posts
They wouldn’t refuse you, just charge you for the service vs covering it for free/included cost in purchase price.
But yes if you’re approaching 60k and have service due it would be beneficial to get it done before 60k. They can only perform the service within an interval of the due date/mileage, I think 60days/1500 miles or something like that.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
If you are under 5 years and your next ot last recommended service mileage is 60K ...do you take it in at 59500 so that you are under? Can they refuse you at 60001 miles?
From the Jaguar.com official website , if you click on Learn More under the Elite Care title ,
you will see that it states "you must bring your vehicle to an authorized Jaguar Retailer WITHIN 1-month or 1000-miles of the scheduled maintenance interval" !!!
So , you should get your Service done WITHIN 59,000-61,000 or 11-months/13-months !!!
Ours has been on BOTH sides of that scenario , either a little under or a little over each time !!!
IMG_3314.JPG

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thank you.... That is a little more important to us 20d owners as our service intervals are on the 20K mark not the 16K mark and every OTHER year. I change it in the middle, just for my own peace of mind. I can't let anything go 2 yrs, 20K like that......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd offer a suggestion - I've got a 2017 F-Pace that I drive quite a daily distance - I smoked through my 60K warranty in a little over 30 months - I had no issues with getting my services done at their proper mileage intervals.....BUT, I brought in my car literally at something like 60,050 miles (didn't want to take a day off work) and had to pay out of pocket for my 60K service - the data capture devices can't be rolled back, and once you've hit 60K, the warranty services are done. My service representative did a great job working with Jaguar to get a bad sensor replaced under warranty that was found at the 60,050 service, so I was happy about that, but, again - make sure you're at the dealership at 59,999!

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I'd offer a suggestion - I've got a 2017 F-Pace that I drive quite a daily distance - I smoked through my 60K warranty in a little over 30 months - I had no issues with getting my services done at their proper mileage intervals.....BUT, I brought in my car literally at something like 60,050 miles (didn't want to take a day off work) and had to pay out of pocket for my 60K service - the data capture devices can't be rolled back, and once you've hit 60K, the warranty services are done. My service representative did a great job working with Jaguar to get a bad sensor replaced under warranty that was found at the 60,050 service, so I was happy about that, but, again - make sure you're at the dealership at 59,999!
If I were you , I would go back to your dealer and DEMAND a REFUND for that Service !
And for added assurance , show them a copy of the page from the Jaguar Website ,
that I shared in post #8 !

·
Registered
176 Posts
If I were you , I would go back to your dealer and DEMAND a REFUND for that Service !
And for added assurance , show them a copy of the page from the Jaguar Website ,
that I shared in post #8 !
My last service reminder came on at about 63k miles. I took her in for what I felt was the LAST dealer service, even if I had to pay out of pocket. Much to my surprise, the vehicle was given routine service at no cost! As you can imagine, I didn't complain or ask any questions! go figure!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm reviving this old post. Long term owner here (3.5 years) thinking about staying with the cat when the warranty expires late summer. Any higher mileage folks care to share their story? I want the good and the bad, please. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Along this posts lines, what if you don't or can't make your annual passport to service due to this national emergency situation, will they just say so sorry?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Hopefully, you'll get a pass on the timing here due to what's going on. I'd call the dealer and ask, then you have on record that your reached out at the time you should have.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hopefully, you'll get a pass on the timing here due to what's going on. I'd call the dealer and ask, then you have on record that your reached out at the time you should have.
I would recommend getting it in writing. Open a case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts