Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I've just picked my new f-pace up from the dealer yesterday. I can't fold mirrors, neither following manual instructions:
pressing simultaneously both buttons, nothing happens...
Nothing to do with folding mirrors option connected to the remote control (lock/unlock).
can someone help me? thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
hi,
I've just picked my new f-pace up from the dealer yesterday. I can't fold mirrors, neither following manual instructions:
pressing simultaneously both buttons, nothing happens...
Nothing to do with folding mirrors option connected to the remote control (lock/unlock).
can someone help me? thanks

I believe you may have to have it checked out by your dealer. I don't think it is an owner selectable item. It should be working for you.
What model did you buy?
Where are you located?
Oh, and congratulations

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
thanks for the prompt reply.
I'm in Italy. ...and I love my F-Pace 2.0D prestige...
I don't know why even pressing simultaneously the buttons nothing happens ...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Reactions: NewToCats

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
You will also want to ask dealer if the mirror/door software is up to date as there was an earlier problem fixed by a software update.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Also double check that the mirriors are in the proper extended position. Mine were not, they were somewhere between open and closed and none of the folding features would work. Once I manually opened them all the way, then automatic folding started working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went through the other threads, but my issue is slightly different.
I don't care if locking / unlocking the car folding mirrors is activated or not, I'm just confused: is the electric folding not working or not available? I'm afraid I should go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I went through the other threads, but my issue is slightly different.
I don't care if locking / unlocking the car folding mirrors is activated or not, I'm just confused: is the electric folding not working or not available? I'm afraid I should go back to the dealer.
So are you saying that if you get out of the vehicle , and push the lock button on the door , the mirrors DON'T fold in ???
Or when you go to the vehicle and open the door , they DON'T fold out , as well ???
Because , those are the only two times they are supposed to fold , as far as I know !!!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Because , those are the only two times they are supposed to fold , as far as I know !!!
My friend, you can manually fold the mirrors, this is supposed to work: "pressing simultaneously both buttons" and evidently it does not for the OP.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
My friend, you can manually fold the mirrors, this is supposed to work: "pressing simultaneously both buttons" and evidently it does not for the OP.
Oh' , Gotchya !
Could you find it in your heart to share with me WHY and/or WHEN you would want to do such a thing ?
Just curious !

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Oh' , Gotchya !
Could you find it in your heart to share with me WHY and/or WHEN you would want to do such a thing ?
Just curious !
Sure. As we know, the dealer can disable the automatic folding on locking the vehicle, in the US. Is this the same for other countries? If the dealer disables this feature, and if it is not offered in other countries, that is, the mirrors stay out even when locked, then it makes sense to be able to manually fold them. I lived in Germany for six years, some of the parking spaces were really tight, and tucking the mirrors in allows access around the vehicle, as well as prevents the mirrors from hitting objects. Even here in Denber, as I mentioned in this post, the folding mirrors make a smaller target for idiots who sometimes like to bash such things late on a Saturday night. Even in my very narrow garage, the folding mirrors allow me to walk to the front of the vehicle. They do stick out a bit....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
"Could you find it in your heart to share with me WHY and/or WHEN you would want to do such a thing ?
Just curious !"

Pulling into a Sonic.. I don't now, but just saying:p

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
the folding mirrors make a smaller target
Wait a minute , are you telling me that when the mirrors fold-in , they SHRINK ??? :confused:

>:)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Pulling into a Sonic.. I don't now, but just saying:p
*PUT A LID ON IT* Wise Guy !!! >:)

My question was referring to theweebs comment that the OP wanted to fold his mirrors in *MANUALLY* ! I already understood the benefits of having the mirrors fold-in , without theweebs over explanatory post ! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pushing the lock button on the door , the mirrors DON'T fold in, and when I go to the vehicle and open the door, they DON'T fold out. Pressing simultaneously both buttons nothin happens as well.
It's really cumbersome fold/unfold mirrors by hand, especially the passenger one. I'm afraid there's something I miss...

·
Registered
258 Posts
pushing the lock button on the door , the mirrors DON'T fold in, and when I go to the vehicle and open the door, they DON'T fold out. Pressing simultaneously both buttons nothin happens as well.
It's really cumbersome fold/unfold mirrors by hand, especially the passenger one. I'm afraid there's something I miss...
Take the car back into the dealer. The folding mirrors when unlocking and locking is a feature that should be handled during the PDI process. Hopefully fixing that will also have the mirrors working when pressing both buttons. It may also be an issue where a plug is loose.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
This is the EXACT reason I asked the questions I asked earlier in this thread ! I was merely trying to find out if they were at least working automatically like they should ! And then some weeble came along and tried to downplay my concerns ! Now , we find out that indeed , his mirrors are NOT even working "automatically" like they should ! If I would have just gotten my earlier questions answered sooner , I would have immediately said *GET IT BACK TO THE DEALER* !

P.S. While you are at it ppatruc , check to see if when you put the vehicle in REVERSE , if the passenger side mirror DIPS to give you a visual of the curb , and also check to see if when you put the vehicle back in drive , that the mirror comes back up out of the DIP mode ! If this function doesn't work , then ADD that to the list to tell the dealer about ! Many people on here , had complained earlier about the *Mirror Dip* issue !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
P.S. While you are at it ppatruc , check to see if when you put the vehicle in REVERSE , if the passenger side mirror DIPS to give you a visual of the curb , and also check to see if when you put the vehicle back in drive , that the mirror comes back up out of the DIP mode ! If this function doesn't work , then ADD that to the list to tell the dealer about ! Many people on here , had complained earlier about the *Mirror Dip* issue !
This you can control yourself, even I know how to activate or inactivate this feature:)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
This you can control yourself, even I know how to activate or inactivate this feature:)
Good Grief , MTHM ! Go to bed already ! He has already stated that the *AUTOMATIC* fold-in fold-out function ISN'T working properly , so I was merely SUGGESTING that he double check that the *AUTOMATIC* Dip function is working properly ! I am just trying to SAVE him another trip back to the dealer later !

P.S. I have had my F-Pace since LAST September , so YES , I already realize how things work *Automatically* OR *Manually* !
Being able to "Control it yourself" as you say , has nothing to do with "does it work automatically" !

Now , Please take your last SIP , and GO TO BED !!! >:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts