Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done this? I ordered a set from over seas-they seem to be OEM, they have the same look and hardware as what is featured in the Jaguar catalog. Only problem: mine didn't come with instructions! Has anyone done this install? Does anyone have side steps installed and perhaps could take a quick pic of the underside of the car where the brackets were installed? I have my theories about where the attachment points are hidden underneath the plastic splash housings, but I don't want to start cutting open things without some sort of confirmation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I attempted to fit a set of side steps purchased from Taiwan which were excellent quality and a fraction of the price of the Jaguar version.
To fit them the plastic undertrays have to be removed and for this a ramp or scissor lift is essential as you cannot do this from a trolley jack .
My dealer fitted mine for me and it took them 30 minutes each side to bolt the support brackets to the predrilled holes on the chassis rails.
A small part of the undertray on each side has to be cut and removed to fit around the main front and rear support brackets before the trays are refitted.The refitted undertray hides the fitting brackets so no point in a photo.
My side steps came with full fitting instructions but not the lifting ramp!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts