Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went 25 miles up Angeles Crest Highway to Newcomb's Ranch for late lunch. World class mountain road going from 1000 feet to 7000 feet elevation over 30 miles or so.
The car feels like it is on rails. Was going for smooth fast-ish driving rather than lots of gas and braking and the car felt rock solid. Shift points are high in sport mode and weren't needed to keep the speed up; the diesel has lots of grunt underneath the normal shift points.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Yeah. They are synonyms, right? ;)
We had *Mexican Food* Saturday Night , and *Chinese Food* Sunday Afternoon , so of course , this morning on the Toilet , I was doing a heck of a lot of *TORQUE-ING* !!! >:)

Sorry , I couldn't resist !!! ;) Good Morning Everyone !!! 0:)

Wait a minute , after reading this , it doesn't sound the way I hoped it would !!! :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tmi!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like a great time!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
We had *Mexican Food* Saturday Night , and *Chinese Food* Sunday Afternoon , so of course , this morning on the Toilet , I was doing a heck of a lot of *TORQUE-ING* !!! >:)

Wait a minute , after reading this , it doesn't sound the way I hoped it would !!! :(
Why don't we have a "dislike" button??

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey TLockhart , it looks like those Bikers are having a hard time trying NOT to look at your F-Pace !!! >:)
It didn't take YOU long to get her out for a little Joy Ride !!! *CONGRATULATIONS* !!! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah. They are synonyms, right? ;)
grunt
[gruhnt]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used without object)
to utter the deep, guttural sound characteristic of a hog.
to utter a similar sound.
to grumble, as in discontent.
verb (used with object)
to express with a grunt.
noun
a sound of grunting.
New England Cookery. a dessert, typically of cherries, peaches, or apples sweetened and spiced, and topped with biscuit dough.
any food fish of the family Pomadasyidae (Haemulidae), found chiefly in tropical and subtropical seas, that emits grunting sounds.
Slang. a soldier, especially an infantryman.
Slang. a common or unskilled worker; laborer.

I think it is #6 OR #9 9 kind of sounds like the same as plebeian

A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous, and the state of being a synonym is called synonymy. The word comes from Ancient Greek sýn (σύν; "with") and ónoma (ὄνομα; "name").

Boy that google search helps me out being a member of this board....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous, and the state of being a synonym is called synonymy. The word comes from Ancient Greek sýn (σύν; "with") and ónoma (ὄνομα; "name").

Boy that google search helps me out being a member of this board....
That's our English lesson for today.
Now, let's get back to the regular crap that we all seem to thrive on :D

·
Registered
197 Posts

Title ...Joke of the day....LOL..

you just put a smile on everyone who read this ..I hope

Reactions: GRVR

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts

Yer killin me:D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Thesaurus?..Isn't that a very articulate dinosaur?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
grunt
[gruhnt]
blah blah blah
OK, I'll bite. Has no one here used the word as a synonym for torque? Where have you Nancy Boys been spending your time? Oh that's right, with gasoline engines. Sheesh...
Here is an example link from a clearly knowledgeable source:
nouns - meaning of "grunt" when it comes to towing - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange
And from one of the answers: "In this context, grunt means power or force. In the context of engines in general, grunt often refers to the amount of torque that the engine can produce."
They knew this way back in 2012, when the F-Pace diesel was just a gleam in someone's eye...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts