Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has driven enough miles to have their first scheduled maintenance visit under the warranty? My dealer told me that they would give me a loaner vehicle for all scheduled maintenance which made me wonder how long a scheduled maintenance visit would take? Does anyone know?:confused:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has driven enough miles to have their first scheduled maintenance visit under the warranty? My dealer told me that they would give me a loaner vehicle for all scheduled maintenance which made me wonder how long a scheduled maintenance visit would take? Does anyone know?:confused:
After 8 months, I'm only slightly more than half-way there (7900). It will take more than a year before my first oil change. I average roughly 1,000 miles per month.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
After 8 months, I'm only slightly more than half-way there (7900). It will take more than a year before my first oil change. I average roughly 1,000 miles per month.
Hey Trek , it is "mileage" OR "1-year" ! So make sure you get it done WITHIN the year , otherwise they could say you went OVER the "scheduled maintenance" time period !

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
It depends on the work load for that day. The actual service should not take more than about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. It is a nice gesture on the part of the dealer. Beats waiting in the showroom.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll be there in a few months. Have ~11,500 miles on mine. I'll have to throw new tires on when the time comes too as the stock Conti's wear so darn fast! I had to rotate them myself just to get some more life out of them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ran out washer fluid in 1.5 months. That is strange because I do not use it often and on previous cars had about 3 months between refills.
Can I visit dealer to fill it up for free?

·
Registered
225 Posts
They would do that for regular service...might just have to call and see. I would imagine if you have a good relationship with them and they are a good dealership, they would do it no problem. I know Audi always did it when I brought the car in for service (also had AudiCare so it might have been required).

Reactions: ExtinctBird

·
Registered
225 Posts
Had my first service done about a week ago. Took no time at all - the car was at the dealer for the seat belt issue (still not fixed and Jag is looking into it) and a bunch of campaigns (TSBs) were being done. Decided it was close enough to the 16k mile mark (was at 15k miles) so I asked them to do it...they got it done in about 2 hours after I called.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Trek , it is "mileage" OR "1-year" ! So make sure you get it done WITHIN the year , otherwise they could say you went OVER the "scheduled maintenance" time period !
You are correct that it's mileage or 1-year; however, it's not "within," it's "after." Per my dealer, there's reasonable flexibility being late, but JLR will not pay one day early.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my seevice advisor told me 15,000miles or one year, I haven't make to the year yet. probably will get the year rather than the 15,000miles

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had my first service done about a week ago. Took no time at all - the car was at the dealer for the seat belt issue (still not fixed and Jag is looking into it) and a bunch of campaigns (TSBs) were being done. Decided it was close enough to the 16k mile mark (was at 15k miles) so I asked them to do it...they got it done in about 2 hours after I called.
You drive WAY TOO MUCH! ;)

Kerry

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
At 8000 miles I had the oil changed and I paid for it. I waited for it and it was an hour. I'm not sure outside of oil if there is anything else called for at 15k. Maybe tire rotation but I wouldn't think it woudl be more than a day unless there are a bunch of Topix things you want to get done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
At 8000 miles I had the oil changed and I paid for it. I waited for it and it was an hour. I'm not sure outside of oil if there is anything else called for at 15k. Maybe tire rotation but I wouldn't think it woudl be more than a day unless there are a bunch of Topix things you want to get done.
Mind me asking what the dealer charged for the early oil change?

·
Registered
265 Posts
my seevice advisor told me 15,000miles or one year, I haven't make to the year yet. probably will get the year rather than the 15,000miles
That is exactly what my service advisor told me, 1 year or 15k miles, he said there is a 30 day grade period on either side of the date to get the service completed. Also according to him, it is based on the build date, not sold date.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My FPace told me service was due in 1900 miles when I had ~14700 miles on there. I had it done at 15k miles. I drive it to and from work, about 35 miles each way, M-F. Love driving it though :). My service advisor had no issues getting the service done.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Mind me asking what the dealer charged for the early oil change?
Highway robbery, $168 I was kind of expecting it. I'm going to have them do the Oil changes in the first year, then I will probably do the mid year ones myself going forward.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
That is exactly what my service advisor told me, 1 year or 15k miles, he said there is a 30 day grade period on either side of the date to get the service completed. Also according to him, it is based on the build date, not sold date.
My SA and the Service Manager both told me today that the 1 year is based on sold date not build date. They said build date is wrong because the time can vary all over the place from build date to sell date. F-Paces are shipped all over the world, so the clock doesn't start running until you pick up the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Highway robbery, $168 I was kind of expecting it. I'm going to have them do the Oil changes in the first year, then I will probably do the mid year ones myself going forward.

I changed my own oil and filter today along with rotated my tires. In my opinion, $168 is not that bad. The Castrol Professional E 0W-20 only Jaguar oil is hard to find (had to get on eBay).
The oil ($65) + oil filter ($22) + new drain plug - could have used again ($12) yields right at $100 just for the oil and parts. Don't forget if you drain from the drain plug you have 21 screws to remove to remove the shield.
Otherwise, pretty easy. My wife's F-Pace is right under 6,000 miles. I'll bring it to the dealer at 1 year or right at 12,000 miles in August.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts