Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During last weekends getaway trip odometer started showing over 10'000 miles driven in slightly over 150 days of the ownership. Here are random thoughts/comments/stats about the experience so far:
- Best feature - owning a Jaguar. I lived through period when I felt lucky when I could save enough for a pair of new shoes, but here I am - driving a Jaguar now. Just awesome!
- Needless to say F-Pace is the best car I ever owned to date.
- Even F-Pace is the fastest selling Jaguar ever it's still unique car. I have seen only 4 F-Paces in the wild so far and I love that it's still a novelty almost everywhere I go.
- I still love the idea of owning one of the first models of Jaguar SUV
- With projected annual mileage being between 24K to 25K I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with fuel mileage averaging about 34MPG so far.
- Last weekend I drove close to 100 miles in the snow. some of the roads were not plowed yet. I was pleased how connected to the road car felt. Best snow car I have owned so far.
- Option that I love more that I thought I would is winter package. I got it more because my significant other loves her heated seats and plan was that F-Pace become became our primary vehicle for trips we take together. However now I am almost puzzled why even had a thought I would not care about heated seats and heated steering wheel.
- Option I was looking forward to have and I still love is black package with black rims.
- Option I wish I bought was vision package. F-Pace features one of the smallest side mirrors on cars I owned.
- Best decision I made related to F-Pace was ordering it instead of picking what was available at the dealer. It allowed me to select options I wanted, color I wanted. It took forever to get it and I pretty much paid MRSP for it however I got what I wanted! With every other car I bought - even the ones I bought knew - there was always some kind of compromise.
- Having said that - it's just a car. It's my first luxury car I have owned, I may treat it to more frequent car washes and detailings than I did my previous cars. However otherwise I plan to use it the same way as my all previous cars.

·
Registered
521 Posts
During last weekends getaway trip odometer started showing over 10'000 miles driven in slightly over 150 days of the ownership. Here are random thoughts/comments/stats about the experience so far:
- Best feature - owning a Jaguar. I lived through period when I felt lucky when I could save enough for a pair of new shoes, but here I am - driving a Jaguar now. Just awesome!
- Needless to say F-Pace is the best car I ever owned to date.
- Even F-Pace is the fastest selling Jaguar ever it's still unique car. I have seen only 4 F-Paces in the wild so far and I love that it's still a novelty almost everywhere I go.
- I still love the idea of owning one of the first models of Jaguar SUV
- With projected annual mileage being between 24K to 25K I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with fuel mileage averaging about 34MPG so far.
- Last weekend I drove close to 100 miles in the snow. some of the roads were not plowed yet. I was pleased how connected to the road car felt. Best snow car I have owned so far.
- Option that I love more that I thought I would is winter package. I got it more because my significant other loves her heated seats and plan was that F-Pace become became our primary vehicle for trips we take together. However now I am almost puzzled why even had a thought I would not care about heated seats and heated steering wheel.
- Option I was looking forward to have and I still love is black package with black rims.
- Option I wish I bought was vision package. F-Pace features one of the smallest side mirrors on cars I owned.
- Best decision I made related to F-Pace was ordering it instead of picking what was available at the dealer. It allowed me to select options I wanted, color I wanted. It took forever to get it and I pretty much paid MRSP for it however I got what I wanted! With every other car I bought - even the ones I bought knew - there was always some kind of compromise.
- Having said that - it's just a car. It's my first luxury car I have owned, I may treat it to more frequent car washes and detailings than I did my previous cars. However otherwise I plan to use it the same way as my all previous cars.
Day 147 for me, and the odometer sits at 12,891. Everything you said is true for me too. For me I’ve also found the adaptive cruise control to be probably the most useful feature, and I swear I think I would buy the F-Pace again for the activity key alone.

It’s not perfect- I’m not sure any vehicle is - but given my perspective from driving a Honda Element for 10+ years, I find my Cat to be about all I could want.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 147 for me, and the odometer sits at 12,891. Everything you said is true for me too. For me I’ve also found the adaptive cruise control to be probably the most useful feature, and I swear I think I would buy the F-Pace again for the activity key alone.

It’s not perfect- I’m not sure any vehicle is - but given my perspective from driving a Honda Element for 10+ years, I find my Cat to be about all I could want.
I love activity key! I cannot imagine not having one now and I think you are right - now that I got used to it it will be must have for any car I buy in the future.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think we all drive too much, LOL. But with this car, how can you not?! My odometer will cross the 10K mile threshold before New Year's I am sure, well shy of 180 days of ownership. I don't have the activity key.....maybe I will add it next year though. >:) I have not for one second regretted the purchase or the wait that came with it!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
End of Jan '18, I will have had mine 365 days...ODO @7800 miles

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Just curious ,
what is the significance , of referring to *F-PACE Ownership* in *days?* ???

We've owned ours *15-1/2 MONTHS*>:),
and have accumulated *20,500+ MILES* !!!:)
The mileage will rise a lot faster this next year , as *VR* just started back to work full-time in September !
She commutes *20-miles each way* everyday !
Plus , as always , the F-PACE is our *Weekend & Evening* vehicle of choice !!!;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just curious ,
Because they are our babies, and just like the human type, the younger they are the shorter the time unit we use to describe their age - days, weeks, months, then years.

But I can help you with the conversion, mine is quickly approaching 12 weeks, or four months (one third of a year sounds dumb.) :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious ,

We've owned ours *15-1/2 MONTHS*>:)
Difference between referencing in days vs month is that days is more precise where month is approximate measure.

Everybody knows that that one day is one day, it is 24 hours, one hour is 60 minutes, one minute is 60 seconds and one day is 1440 minutes or 86400 seconds, no more or no less.

However how long is one month? Are we referencing January, March, May, July, August, October and December which are 31 days long, or are we referencing to April, June, September and November which are 30 days long, or are we referencing to February in leap year - 29 days - or February in regular year - 28 days. So confusing!!!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Difference between referencing in days vs month is that days is more precise where month is approximate measure.

Everybody knows that that one day is one day, it is 24 hours, one hour is 60 minutes, one minute is 60 seconds and one day is 1440 minutes or 86400 seconds, no more or no less.

However how long is one month? Are we referencing January, March, May, July, August, October and December which are 31 days long, or are we referencing to April, June, September and November which are 30 days long, or are we referencing to February in leap year - 29 days - or February in regular year - 28 days. So confusing!!!
Did you have to use a calculator for this?..my head hurts now>:)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
508 days for me, yes there is a calculator on the internet for days between dates thank gosh!

25,956 miles

51 miles per day average

100 gas station stops

25 days in the shop getting early adopter things fixed!

Swapped wheels and tires 4 times, snows are on it now with the stock double helixes, Convex Ace Alloys in the basement.

Quicksilver Exhaust, Lowered, blacked out badges, carbon fiber black pack, InvisiHitch for towing and bike carrying, weather tech mats for winter, upgraded jag carpet mats for summer, weather techs in now

508 days of waking up every morning looking forward to driving the thing! I love it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm at 157 days and 2824 miles. What's wrong with me? OH, I'm retired! Super happy with the car and it's working purfikt too since I got the '34.17-1480' update.

·
Registered
899 Posts
1 year and 2 weeks. 4200 miles. Another retired guy with 3 cars.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts

How can you say that a *month is approximate measure* , yet then tell me EXACTLY how many days are in each month ???
That sounds more EXACT , then Approximate !!!;)

Also , concerning your comment that *one day is one day* . . . . . . .
How can that be ? If every DAY , is partially NIGHT ???>:)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
1 year and 2 weeks. 4200 miles. Another retired guy with 3 cars.
Yes..but are you single?..I am with two cars now, I had three, but I found myself not driving the two Jags much..with two cars, I can at least drive the FP on weekends when it's nice out.:laugh:.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yes..but are you single?..I am with two cars now, I had three, but I found myself not driving the two Jags much..with two cars, I can at least drive the FP on weekends when it's nice out.:laugh:.
Just me and the dog. Explorer is the dog mobile. Corvette is the weekend car. F-Pace is for everything else and the most fun.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Yes..but are you single?..
No offense , Sir !

But there are OTHER Forums , for THAT conversation !!!>:)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Interesting, 475 days for mine, 8,281 miles. Yes, I should subtract the past 44 days it has been in the shop to repair the hail damage, as I am not driving it. Work from home, three vehicles to choose from, yeah, the miles are pretty low. And, before GRVR jumps in here, I am the only driver.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Oh' , alrighty then !!!

Counting today , *409-days* of ownership , and *20,684-miles* in the *WORLDS SEXIEST SUV* !!!>:)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
You people spend too much time behind the wheel. In 19 months I've managed only 18,000+ miles, which includes a road trip to the wilds of Quebec and back. I suppose I sometimes drive my Acura or my wife's GMC Acadia Denali.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts