Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking here for weeks (ok months) and taking 3 test drives, I finally pulled the trigger and just submitted my order for the R-Sport. I have a round trip daily commute of 110 miles, so I went for the diesel engine. Now eagerly waiting for my sales guy to get back to me with timeframe and completed Vista order form. The F-Pace is replacing an Audi TDI that I purchased less than 2 weeks before EPA and CARB announced the emissions cheating charges against VW/Audi, so funding is courtesy of VW. ;)

I considered a few different SUV's, and I really appreciate all the helpful posts on the forum as it helped me decide to buy the F-Pace. Took my time deciding on exactly how to build it, and now it's going to be a hard to wait for it. The best the dealership could tell me at this point is probably 8-9 weeks for delivery, will know more precisely in a couple of days - can't wait!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
After lurking here for weeks (ok months) and taking 3 test drives, I finally pulled the trigger and just submitted my order for the R-Sport. I have a round trip daily commute of 110 miles, so I went for the diesel engine. Now eagerly waiting for my sales guy to get back to me with timeframe and completed Vista order form. The F-Pace is replacing an Audi TDI that I purchased less than 2 weeks before EPA and CARB announced the emissions cheating charges against VW/Audi, so funding is courtesy of VW. ;)

I considered a few different SUV's, and I really appreciate all the helpful posts on the forum as it helped me decide to buy the F-Pace. Took my time deciding on exactly how to build it, and now it's going to be a hard to wait for it. The best the dealership could tell me at this point is probably 8-9 weeks for delivery, will know more precisely in a couple of days - can't wait!
That was a smart move getting the diesel. You would have hated the gas version and the projected range, you would of been at the gas station every other day. A couple people reported getting 350 miles on one tank, I think they used some type of witchcraft because I get a 280 mile range usually and maybe 310 if I try hard.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it when it gets here and can't wait to see how you specced it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, on weekdays I'll probably be running in Eco mode hoping for 500+ range, but will play as much as a diesel can on the weekends. Specs I decided on are:

Storm Grey (with IRR losing in a coin toss)
Black Pack
20" Blade 5 spoke grey/diamond turned wheels
Roof rails
Oyster/Lime stitching interior
Tech pack
Comfort and Convenience pack
Luxury pack
Tow pack
Activity key

I have to thank whoever described the ambient lighting as a European disco for prompting me to add the Lux pack..............................

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Thanks, on weekdays I'll probably be running in Eco mode hoping for 500+ range, but will play as much as a diesel can on the weekends. Specs I decided on are:

Storm Grey (with IRR losing in a coin toss)
Black Pack
20" Blade 5 spoke grey/diamond turned wheels
Roof rails
Oyster/Lime stitching interior
Tech pack
Comfort and Convenience pack
Luxury pack
Tow pack
Activity key

I have to thank whoever described the ambient lighting as a European disco for prompting me to add the Lux pack..............................
Definitely a good choice with the Lux pack, I missed out on it because I was impatient and did not want to do a custom build and regret it every day. The standard ambient lighting is nice but the multi-color ambient lighting is what I really wish I had.

You should enjoy the activity key as well, works great for me and I use it almost on a daily basis. I just wear it like a fitbit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Definitely a good choice with the Lux pack, I missed out on it because I was impatient and did not want to do a custom build and regret it every day. The standard ambient lighting is nice but the multi-color ambient lighting is what I really wish I had.

You should enjoy the activity key as well, works great for me and I use it almost on a daily basis. I just wear it like a fitbit.
My patience is being tested now as there are 2 tempest grey FP's with the oyster taurus leather in the Chicagoland area. Neither has the lux pack or HUD which for some reason I really like on my Storm Grey R Sport. So I patiently wait. And wait. And wait.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My patience is being tested now as there are 2 tempest grey FP's with the oyster taurus leather in the Chicagoland area. Neither has the lux pack or HUD which for some reason I really like on my Storm Grey R Sport. So I patiently wait. And wait. And wait.
I know how hard it is, and I made the mistake of not waiting... stick it out and the rewards will come in 10 different colors, a suede headliner and four-zone climate control among other things.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the diesel club!

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome to the diesel club!
+1.
Where are you located?
I doubt you will get anywhere near 500 miles to a tank of fuel, due to its capacity. Good luck.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I hope to post an "off the fence" notice sometime in the very near future. I am very close to ordering an FP S. What is the award for the longest member on this forum without an FP? Would I win?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I hope to post an "off the fence" notice sometime in the very near future. I am very close to ordering an FP S. What is the award for the longest member on this forum without an FP? Would I win?
Based on your join date I'd say you're surely in the running. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1.
Where are you located?
I doubt you will get anywhere near 500 miles to a tank of fuel, due to its capacity. Good luck.

I'm in Louisiana, on the opposite side of Lake Pontchartrain from where I work, so almost half of my commute is driving in a flat, straight line at 60 mph. I know it will be a stretch to try to get 500 mile per tank, to say the least. The small tank was my single biggest reservation, but nothing out there with significantly more range interested me. Somehow don't think I'm gonna mind if I have to stop for gas a little more often, because every time I get back in the F-Pace I will be like :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Take the leap!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Somehow don't think I'm gonna mind if I have to stop for gas a little more often
Rethink that statement, remember you will be buying diesel fuel in that new F-PACE. If you put gas in it, you could be in serious trouble ;)

Reactions: bpmba

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rethink that statement, remember you will be buying diesel fuel in that new F-PACE. If you put gas in it, you could be in serious trouble ;)

Indeed! Fortunately the Audi TDI has pretty much ingrained the habit of reaching for the "gas" that comes from the green handled pump. That didn't take nearly as long as remembering the tank was on the "wrong" side of the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are they ordering a 2017 or 2018 for you? I've been away from the forum for a bit, but was under the understanding that no more special orders are being accepted for the 17's.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are they ordering a 2017 or 2018 for you? I've been away from the forum for a bit, but was under the understanding that no more special orders are being accepted for the 17's.

You can catch up on things in the "Incremental Order" thread, but in my case I was told just a couple of hours ago that I'm getting a 2017, with delivery estimated between April 14-21st.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scratch that - sounds like I may be getting a 2018 now. My sales guide is trying to get some clarification on ordering status.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts