Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a VAP tune. Just the tune now, nothing else and would possibly stay that way for a perf mode. I might add an exhaust later though. Waiting eagerly for my VTech device to come. I will stick with the base, no pops/crackles, no other options included MAP only. I am happy enough with the pop/crackles of stock (unless the VAP tunes reduces it). Thanks to all members who inspired and gave the confidence!

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
2017 3L V6 35t R Sport Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV
20 Posts
Looking forward to hearing about it. My wife said no to the tune, but would she notice :) she does drive it a lot.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You'll love it man! I've had the tune for about 2 years and absolutely love it. It makes a huge difference on the hp....just wait until you decide to add to pulley, that makes a huge difference on the torque.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll love it man! I've had the tune for about 2 years and absolutely love it. It makes a huge difference on the hp....just wait until you decide to add to pulley, that makes a huge difference on the torque.
Thanks Red! You guys gave me the inspiration and confidence.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Chris will be going for vacation when I get the device (VAP posted holiday notice), but they deserve some time and I can wait another week :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fizha is officially Stage 1 tuned now!

(Got the device earlier than I thought and VAP turned around the file in 19 hours!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exhaust note comparison

Stock exhaust in both cases, only mod is the VAP stage 1.

Recorded between few months, winter/spring and summer at different locations. But overall, exhaust reflects a little bit more high-revving, metallic, hungry sounding cat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First impression - it is amazing and lovingly fun! Already thinking about stage 2 (pulley) ;). More later...

·
Registered
246 Posts
It sounds great! I have their exhaust with no tune.

I was surprised to hear the difference in exhaust note with just the tune, wonder what the tune and exhaust sounds like.

Nice job!

Reactions: JayTheDreamer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds great! I have their exhaust with no tune.

I was surprised to hear the difference in exhaust note with just the tune, wonder what the tune and exhaust sounds like.

Nice job!
Though the time, place and atmosphere are different, there is obviously a difference! I was thinking that I would have just the tune and the exhaust later, but now I am planning the pulley and to keep the stock exhaust. It is loud and peppy enough both inside and outside the car more than my liking now and I can spend that money for pulley and few other mods!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Though the time, place and atmosphere are different, there is obviously a difference! I was thinking that I would have just the tune and the exhaust later, but now I am planning the pulley and to keep the stock exhaust. It is loud and peppy enough both inside and outside the car more than my liking now and I can spend that money for pulley and few other mods!
Makes sense! I mean the exhaust will only change the sound, you’re not going to feel any difference from it. I do still love the exhaust though.

Btw, which model F-Pace do you have? S?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is all in my video and signature :), 35T V6 3L Prestige (originally 340 HP and now an S beater!)

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is all in my video and signature :), 35T V6 3L Prestige (originally 340 HP and now an S beater!)
Thanks! I hate how I can’t see sigs when I’m on my phone (Tapatalk app) :) and now I remember seeing that in your vid too, my bad haha

Reactions: JayTheDreamer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which pulley Red? I know the answer is probably both....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Which pulley Red? I know the answer is probably both....
Actually it just the crank pulley (11.6% bigger) The supercharger pulley is already very small and not worth the time (2%). Great bump in torque. Let me know how you like it. Which you will of course.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually it just the crank pulley (11.6% bigger) The supercharger pulley is already very small and not worth the time (2%). Great bump in torque. Let me know how you like it. Which you will of course.
Thanks for that. I’m doing the tune now and will add pulleys when I’m out of warranty in about a year. I’m close enough I can wait on those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts