Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a used 2017 Fpace 35t R-Sport with 19k miles. I'm looking for any feedback about reliability and any other issues that I should know about. I've read that the navigation screen is glitchy and has electrical issues. Which year has the bugs fixed? I'd like to hear from you guys. Also, is there a way to add a tow hitch on it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thknightrider,

The model year 2017 had a few issues since it was a first year product. However, what needed to be done would depend on your cars build date. You can find this on the inside door jam of the driver's side. Very early build cars has to get new spring perches, some vibration felt in a few places, and other thing associated with creaks or rattling. The only known issue mechanically with the engine or drivetrain had to do with the front differential, but that was very sporadic.

Yes Software Updates are necessary for the ICTP or ICT system depending on what system you have for entertainment and Navigation. The best would be to get the VIN, and pay for a single day access and get into Topix at Home | TOPIx

And check on what is due or not done to your F-Pace specifically.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
my first F-PACE was a 2017 early build (July 2016) The dealer took care of any factory bulletins the only issues were mainly with the ICTP however they were all sorted out by the software updates , after that they car was rock solid, plus it came with the V6 SC engine, that car also has the SSD softeware that is easier to tweak aftermarket should you decide to do things with your car once the warranty expires. You would still have 1-2 years left on the factory warranty at this point depending on the inservice date. So should you any issues they would be covered, I would think that any pproblems would have been handled by the dealer by now. With the said PA’s advice above is good too. If you have a VIN number message me with it and I can run it for you and send you a PDF report.

also is this being sold from a Jaguar dealer ?

Thanks
DP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts