Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out driving this afternoon. Car is in "normal" mode. All of a sudden a big red fault message pops up on my digital dash (not the ICTP) saying "Adaptive Dynamics Fault!" I'm thinking what? I'm in normal mode. What does this mean? So I pull over and shut off the car. I take a minute to let it sink in that I might need to go in for another service visit just when I need to drive to D.C. later this week. I re-start the car. No fault message. I drive all the way home, switching to "Dynamic" mode. I make it all the way home without a repeat of that scary message. What would you do next? Would you bring it in right away or wait? The car felt normal the whole time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've seen this on occasion. What I did notice when it occurred, was that the suspension felt REALLY stiff until reset by a restart. I plan on mentioning it when vehicle is in for servicing to see what the techs have to say.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same fault three times early on in ownershipship. Once, it happened coincidentally while I was driving near the dealership. I pulled into the service lane and had them run the code. The tech told me the code reported an error in a solenoid that affects the ride character, but was safe to drive. The suspension felt very stiff when the fault alert was on, but reset on a vehicle restart. I didn't make a service appointment at the time, intending to set up one later. However, I haven't seen the fault again since I stopped at the dealer (2-3 months ago).

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've been playing with it today, switching back and forth between dynamic and normal and back to dynamic. It has not reoccurred. I can tell the throttle response does change, but the difference in the suspension between dynamic and normal is less noticeable with softer All-Season tires than it is with harder summer tires. I could easily feel the difference when I was riding around on the factory-installed Pirelli P-Zeroes. All season tires, and I imagine winter tires, are so much softer than the summers. I really don't like the more pliable and softer ride. It's not as sporty. It's too "Lexus-comfy." I loved the 22-inch Pirelli summers. I had 'em at 43.5 psi and loved the ride. Can't wait to put 'em back on.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The stiffness with the fault showing wasn't pleasant or likely a desirable ride characteristic to anyone. It made you aware of every road imperfection and jostled my head around a lot too.

Thanks for sharing you experience at the dealer Fetzervalve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts