Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to hear from those who are blessed with winter: how does your F-Pace hold up in the cold weather?

I’m not talking about driving performance because that is largely dependent on the tires you’ve got, but more about how has your F-Pace weathered frequent snow/wet conditions (i.e. any paint issues, corrosion, electrical problems) or frigid temps (i.e. any engine start issues, electrical sluggishness)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just curious to hear from those who are blessed with winter: how does your F-Pace hold up in the cold weather?

I’m not talking about driving performance because that is largely dependent on the tires you’ve got, but more about how has your F-Pace weathered frequent snow/wet conditions (i.e. any paint issues, corrosion, electrical problems) or frigid temps (i.e. any engine start issues, electrical sluggishness)?

Thanks!
Hello form NW Pa. Plenty of snow, ice and freezing temps. My 2017 "S" has sat outside the entire time. Absolutely no weather related issues. I drive 30 miles each way to work on back rural roads, and travel to and from Columbus, Ohio (250 miles) 1-2 times a month. I did have the paint protected with Ceramic Pro and the car looks showroom clean after washing (which is done about once a month during the winter). No electrical or ignition issues. With 4 snow tires, I've never been stuck in the snow or lost control in winter conditions. Only had to perform routine service until the warranty ended at 60k miles. Now have 97k miles and she still purrs like a kitten! I did replace brakes and rotors at 80k miles. I've been thoroughly impressed with the durability and reliability of the F-Pace. I'll probably keep her until I retire in a couple of years then consider an EV. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My wife drove her 20D in some of the coldest weather we have ever seen for 3 days a year or so ago.. ( High temp was -20 with -50 windchills...) DEF never froze and with the addition of some Power Service to the fuel, no fuel gelling either. Only issue (Which is an old separate story...) is we couldn't get it to remote start via the app. It was so cold that the instrument panel was growing frost hair on the inside of the vehicle while parked sitting out....

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I have had two F-Paces and both of them were great in the snow. Here in South Eastern Pa we haven't seen as much snow as others, but the F-Pace does well when we do get it. I should say that I've run my 2017 with both All Seasons and spec Snow tires and clearly the car does better with the snows on it. I've only used my SVR with All Seasons at this point, and I also haven't run the SVR in deep snow since we really didn't have any that stayed around long enough last year.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I will mimic what JocDoc said. My 2017 R-Sport sat outside all winter and took me back and forth to work and on a few road trips, all sitting on snow tires. I took it (gasp) through a car wash once in a while in order to get the undercarriage cleaned of salt and residue, and have spent enough time under there to know that there is no abnormal corrosion underneath there. One thing that did rot prematurely was the aftermarket "performance" exhaust clamps I put on for my Velocity-AP exhaust.

She is truly an all around, all-season car. So no need to worry! And..you can have some fun if you shut the traction control off in Sport mode. 🤠

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I can second that I had no corrosion on my 2017 when I traded it for the SVR and after 24k miles and coming up on 2 years in March, there isn't any corrosion on the SVR.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Western NY here. F-Pace has been the best winter car I have ever had so far.

One of the best winter driving features - a heated windshield. I have a brush in my car, but I had used it only once in three winters so far when snow was really wet and heavy. Every other time, I'd start a car, turn on the heated windshield, wait for about a minute, and off I go.

·
Registered
453 Posts
... Now have 97k miles ...

... I'll probably keep her until I retire in a couple of years then consider an EV...
I am about two gas tanks from reaching 70K, but 97K? Dude!

But I guess that's what the cars are for, right?

I also plan to keep my car as long as monthly repair bills get to be higher than monthly payments for a new vehicle, then check if EV is a viable option. I like the trends in the EV field for sure.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Echoing what was said by others; great winter driver, warm and cozy even in well below zero (f) temps, no start or other electrical issues, no corrosion (though in arid Colorado less an issue in general than places like western NY where I grew up). Also big fan of heated windshield and guilty pleasure, heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here in Northern Michigan, I too am a huge fan of the heated windshield and steering wheel. They really are a necessity! We get lots of snow and lots of cold, and my 2019 FPace holds up well. My only complaint is that there is no automatic start button on the key fob. Whoever thought removing that in lieu of the phone app is on my sh--list! It sometimes fails due to the cold and/or lack of connectivity. Plus, it takes at least 7 steps in the app to start the car, as opposed to a quick couple of clicks on a key fob. My blood pressure goes up just talking about it. Perhaps in the future we could have the option of both....

·
Registered
575 Posts
OOOOH...the heated steering wheel. Forgot about that. I never knew I "needed" one of those until my using it in my 2017 R-Sport. Also on the heated windshield, it works to help keep the wipers from freezing on those really cold, damp days when thing start to freeze up in between wiper strokes. Of course you need to keep turning it back on after it times out, but definitely helped.

Totally agree on the remote start-process being annoying. Key fob option would be great. My 2017 also didn't remember the heated seat settings overnight. I'm hoping my 2020 SVR has that as an update. The heated windshield and defroster go on automatically below freezing, though. So, by the time I got out to the car after letting it warm up, the interior was warm enough anyway where the seat not being on wasn't an issue. I will classify this as a First World Problem, lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Heated steering wheel is the feature of the car I was excited about the least when I got it, and subsequently one of the features I actually appreciate the most, and will look for in any future vehicles.

I've never had anything but the stock all seasons on it, and having driven it now through a couple winters, it's very capable of driving in all but the most severe road conditions, even with the sub optimal tires.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Here in Northern Michigan, I too am a huge fan of the heated windshield and steering wheel. They really are a necessity! We get lots of snow and lots of cold, and my 2019 FPace holds up well. My only complaint is that there is no automatic start button on the key fob. Whoever thought removing that in lieu of the phone app is on my sh--list! It sometimes fails due to the cold and/or lack of connectivity. Plus, it takes at least 7 steps in the app to start the car, as opposed to a quick couple of clicks on a key fob. My blood pressure goes up just talking about it. Perhaps in the future we could have the option of both....
Get an Apple Watch and use Remote app on watch. Easier/faster. Still suffers from occasional same connectivity problem as it's talking to watch->phoneapp->cloud->car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent advice! I should have included that in my "complaint", because I do have an Apple Watch and am using the app from there. It is easier and works much more quickly!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Samsung fella over here. I'll keep fitzing with the app, lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
2017 owner here, Upstate NY. Ive had stock all seasons to this point. Has performed well. I also had ceramic coating done when i first bought my Fpace and have it waxed 2-3 times a year.
I just hit 27k miles and bought Blizzak Dmv2s, super excited for the first snow storm!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts