Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Most amazing experience driving in the suburbs of Philly since purchasing my F-Pace. I was sitting at a traffic light when I surprised to see an F-Pace in the wild because in my area the F-Pace is still not all that common. The cool part was that the driver of the black F-Pace gave the hello waive. Of course, I waived back. Other then when I had my Jeep Wrangler I could never recall anybody waiving hello simply because I was driving the same model of vehicle.

Could this become a new F-Pace trend? I mean how awesome would it be if whenever an F-Pace drove past another F-Pace you got the friendly hello waive. What does everyone think? Am I being overly optimistic? :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It does give you a warm fuzzy..

But folks have been doing this for a long time..I remember when I first got my Datsun 240Z, they did it, or when I had my Hummer they did it..it's pretty common etiquette for car owners to recognized a similar model..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. It definitely made me smile to get the friendly waive hello. Any chance that those of on this forum can make this a practice among f-pace owners?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hello,

Most amazing experience driving in the suburbs of Philly since purchasing my F-Pace. I was sitting at a traffic light when I surprised to see an F-Pace in the wild because in my area the F-Pace is still not all that common. The cool part was that the driver of the black F-Pace gave the hello waive. Of course, I waived back. Other then when I had my Jeep Wrangler I could never recall anybody waiving hello simply because I was driving the same model of vehicle.

Could this become a new F-Pace trend? I mean how awesome would it be if whenever an F-Pace drove past another F-Pace you got the friendly hello waive. What does everyone think? Am I being overly optimistic? :)
just living in my town gets a friendly wave, all cars, all people wave as they pass one another (it's how we can tell when strangers or new residents are here :p

Reactions: GRVR

·
Super Moderator
1,913 Posts
Nice to hear but would not expect that you will see that happen very often. The only long standing tradition of waving to another vehicle is with Corvette's. "Save the Wave" has been going on for years.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Passed by an oncoming white F-Pace this evening. Didn't notice in time or I would have definitely flashed my lights!

Nice to hear but would not expect that you will see that happen very often. The only long standing tradition of waving to another vehicle is with Corvette's. "Save the Wave" has been going on for years.
I've seen waves with WRX/STI's, Lotuses, other niche cars.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The only long standing tradition of waving to another vehicle is with Corvette's. "Save the Wave" has been going on for years.
Not so. I believe you will find that owners of British sports cars have been waving to each other well before it started with Corvettes. :)

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not so. I believe you will find that owners of British sports cars have been waving to each other well before it started with Corvettes. :)
As well as Jeep Wranglers, "the wave" is a long standing tradition.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I think there was a discussion about this on another thread... Ive waved at three passing F-paces as they've gone by and they all just stared, confused, trying to figure out if they knew who I was; after the third I gave up haha. I think forum members are a little more enthusiastic about what they drive then the average car buyer.

Reactions: MKenM

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think there was a discussion about this on another thread... Ive waved at three passing F-paces as they've gone by and they all just stared, confused, trying to figure out if they knew who I was; after the third I gave up haha. I think forum members are a little more enthusiastic about what they drive then the average car buyer.
Yeah, we are definitely not the "average" car buyer. I will wave if I ever see one. Had my FP since mid-November, almost 12,000 miles, and have still no come across another FP in the wild.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah, we are definitely not the "average" car buyer. I will wave if I ever see one. Had my FP since mid-November, almost 12,000 miles, and have still no come across another FP in the wild.
You drive a lot. I got my F-Pace 12 months ago and still under 12,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,913 Posts
If they have been waving it isn't here in the US. I've owned several British cars and no waving here.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
WAVE at you ??? Are you kidding me ???

If I see another F-Pace going down the road , I'm going to do a 180-degree drifting turn around , pedal to the metal burnout to catch up to you , flag you down to pull over , and then get a photo of our two F-Paces !!! >:)

So , if you're out on the road and pass me , don't be offended because I didn't WAVE , but just be prepared for the chain of events that will definitely follow !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

If I see another F-Pace going down the road , I'm going to do a 180-degree drifting turn around , pedal to the metal burnout to catch up to you , flag you down to pull over , and then get a photo of our two F-Paces !!! >:)

So , if you're out on the road and pass me , don't be offended because I didn't WAVE , but just be prepared for the chain of events that will definitely follow !!! ;)
Please GR, that 180 degree drifting turn would turn into a roll over accident with your poor F-pace being totaled, so please dont attempt that >:)

Only good drivers would be able to pull off a move like that ;)>:)

So just stick to waving

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Please GR, that 180 degree drifting turn would turn into a roll over accident with your poor F-pace being totaled, so please dont attempt that >:)

Only good drivers would be able to pull off a move like that ;)>:)

So just stick to waving
HaHa , Mr. Funny Man !!! I think I'll be Ok , because according to @Trek , the *CURB* will stop me from reaching a complete roll-over !!! Might SCUFF UP my WHEELS , but no roll-over !!! >:)

As far as being a "Good Driver" goes , I'm pretty sure that the BIG RIGS that I am driving on a daily basis , are WAY MORE then YOU could ever dream of handling and maneuvering !!!
And I don't receive *SAFE DRIVING AWARDS* every year for NO Reason !!! ;)

P.S. Don't worry , my F-Pace will be Safe & Sound ! What I meant was , when I make my 180-degree turn around in *ECO-MODE* , *VR* will be "drifting" off asleep !!! 0:)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
258 Posts

As i found out from my daughter last week, who drives the Storm Grey F Pace, that your 180-degree turn around is referred to as whipping a shitty. Last week we were out of town attending my sons graduation when I could not make a left coming out of a parking lot. She says "Dad...you are going to have to go up to the Festival and whip a shitty. I am like what the **** are you talking about. She explains it means to make a U-Turn. First off she is shocked that I did not know what it meant and second of all I was shocked that she thought i knew what it meant. For further reference: Urban Dictionary: whip a shitty ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have always known this maneuver as "Flip a B1tch"

Reactions: jmk

·
Registered
225 Posts
I try to flash my lights when I see an FP...but its not the sort of community and buyer that usually does this. You get that more in enthusiast car models...can't say an FP is a car enthusiasts dream, haha.

I always waved when I had the S2K. Never got to wave with the Audi since they are all over the place and you sometimes can't tell if its an S model until its too late.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts