Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the remarks from a posting in Edmonds by a long time Infiniti owner who recently purchased a F-Pace diesel. He compared his experience using the Jag touch pad vs the Infiniti click wheel and track pad, which has also been adopted by MB, BMW and others.

I do hope this car is as reliable as Lexus was to me--in 17 years and 5 different SUV's with Lexus--I went to the dealer only Once--for a rattle in the roof---that's why I kept buying them---just couldn't put up with their Navigation system with the Mouse and Finger pad---actually was pretty dangerous to use while driving for anything as it controlled stereo and other things---Touch System is the Jaguar I so much easier and faster-- at least your passenger can use it so you can keep your eyes on the road. Great job Jaguar---if it's as reliable as I am used to--I will be a customer for a long time.--
He also said:
I have been a Lexus RX and NX SUV owner for 17 years and needed a change-they were getting a little boring and their Navigation is so bad I carried a Garmin at all times--it would take me either the wrong way or out of my way many times--The Jag Navigation system was awesome and even told you to prepare to exit to the right or left --in 2 miles--giving you plenty of time to get in the proper lane--never missed an exit or panicked to get over quickly to exit.
His full review is in the General discussion in this forum. (I am not sure how to link back:(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Coming from a 2011 BMWX3 with a wheel, I find the Jag system with ICTP in combination with the switches below, on the console below and the steering wheel stalks much easier to use with many more configurations and options.

Six months after taking delivery I am still learning how much more this system can do.

I think a significant part of it is that the Jag ICTP is brand new and state of the art. With the software update I got a few months ago, everything seems to be working and stable.

Likely other manufacturers are working on similar touch systems and the click wheel will likely become a thing of the past. It can not be that difficult to develop since it appears to be Tablet adapted for use a vehicle.

Two things I preferred in the BMW is that you could get readings on oil level and tire pressure while driving. In the F Pace you need to be stationary to get tire pressure and for oil wait 10 minutes after turning off the vehicle, that is a pain.

·
Registered
390 Posts
...you could get readings on oil level and tire pressure while driving. In the F Pace you need to be stationary to get tire pressure and for oil wait 10 minutes after turning off the vehicle, that is a pain.
A pain for sure...but a more accurate measure for both I would imagine.

I too hope ICTP is exploited to its fullest potential over time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts