Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been in the garage since monday and today is friday. Car has 150 miles on it. Text messaging does not work with the iPhone 7 per the dealer, can this be accurate? They are looking for solutions.

Second, my roof is not working, it locks up and is not aligned right.

5 days for these two issues? Really? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
265 Posts
My car has been in the garage since monday and today is friday. Car has 150 miles on it. Text messaging does not work with the iPhone 7 per the dealer, can this be accurate? They are looking for solutions.

Second, my roof is not working, it locks up and is not aligned right.

5 days for these two issues? Really? Any suggestions?
I do not believe that ICTP supports Text Messages at this time. I also believe it is something they can add in an update (hardware not required) but right now no go with text messaging.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My premium has a message that a text message came in, and then you press read and it comes over the speakers. You need to have notifications checked on your IPhone to make this work.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My premium has a message that a text message came in, and then you press read and it comes over the speakers. You need to have notifications checked on your IPhone to make this work.
You must have the ICT, not the ICTP, it doesn't work on the ICTP yet, but I'm still hoping.>:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
You must have the ICT, not the ICTP, it doesn't work on the ICTP yet, but I'm still hoping.>:)
I would hope also that the new software release(s) to follow sometime in Spring, has this. After all the ICTP is an upgrade and it is in everyones best interest to have this feature.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Does this work with Android also, or just Apple?
My Premium also has ICT not ICTP.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Iphone 7 is the problem.
6 works...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Iphone 7 is the problem.
6 works...
How isn't that even possible? I believe it, but don't understand how it happens. The iOS is the same on all iPhones, so it shouldn't matter right?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hate to bring this up again, but with ICTP and my wife's IPhone 7, If her phone is Bluetooth connected to the car, she gets no audible alert on her phone that she has received a text due to the BT connection, but she gets no notification from the ICTP either that there is a message.... NOTHING..... She misses many texts this way... since her phone is many times in her purse. ( Isn't that what hands free and safer driving is all about ??)

AM I missing something here? Does the 3.05 Update help this cause at all? Heck my jeep has done this since 2014 new and reads you texts....Does any one have a workaround to get some kind of notification? Thank you....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well that's pitiful really.. that pretty much negates your phone to zero function other than phone calls. Texts are one of the basic communication functions when you just want to pass info along without a conversation.

JLRNA if you are listening.. this is a sad oversight that needs to be corrected ASAP with the next update. ICTP ( That we paid extra for ..) should at least pass along Audible notifications if it can't process and read messages to you..It's certainly not new technology !

Reactions: ctufieldops and jmk

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
This complaint has been around since the first release of the F Pace and has been covered ad naseum on here. While it is indeed a glaring omission in ICTP it isn’t new news. Anyone disappointed at this point didn’t do much research.

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If I "researched" everything I SHOULD have "researched" I wouldn't have bought one till 2020. There are just so many things in a "Higher end" vehicle you take for granted, especially if you've owned others... This vehicle has thrown that theory out the window.... who did they benchmark?

But since I'm not a Debbie Downer, I will say we still love it, it DOES have some features that were new, better and useful ( Like activity key, and full screen map on dash.....) and we intend to keep it for the duration....

It just blows my mind though that "infotainment engineers" sitting around discussing needs and applications didn't say " I wonder what we should do about customers text messages?... Oh OK... it's agreed ! we will make no provision for them, and lets see what they say !"

Rant over... Carry on with your normal Sunday programming....

·
Registered
617 Posts
It just blows my mind though that "infotainment engineers" sitting around discussing needs and applications didn't say " I wonder what we should do about customers text messages?... Oh OK... it's agreed ! we will make no provision for them, and lets see what they say !"
I agree with this statement as I'm sure all on the forum do; well perhaps only those of us with ICTP, yes the more expensive unit>:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I actually prefer my vehicles without the text messaging in-car features. It's one thing I despise about CarPlay. I don't want my texts to display or read out loud, especially with company in the vehicle.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I actually prefer my vehicles without the text messaging in-car features. It's one thing I despise about CarPlay. I don't want my texts to display or read out loud, especially with company in the vehicle.
While I may agree, I at least would like to know that I received one..... somehow......:|

Reactions: jmk

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
I don't know about ICT but in my Lexus cars it tells you that you have a text but does not display or read it until you tell it to

1 - 20 of 35 Posts