Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
As anyone hear of heads up display shortage for the f pace? Due to that, my f pace delivery is delayed by 4 months from now.
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,
As anyone hear of heads up display shortage for the f pace? Due to that, my f pace delivery is delayed by 4 months from now.
Thanks!
When did you order?

I ordered early May, talked to my dealer 2 weeks ago they confirmed vehicle order and has a vin # from jag. Their ETA was late aug to early sept. About 4 months is what I was told initially to expect and that seems correct so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Thanks!
I just got the call from my dealer today saying they are out of chips for the head up display. They couldn't give me a time frame beyond a potential 1- 6 month delay or get it without HUD in October still.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Oh boy, this chip shortage is hitting everything. Such a shame.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer hasn’t said anything to me yet but that would definitely be a bummer. I mean at that point I’d say I’d rather wait to see what upgrades 2022 year brings which I’m guessing is wireless CarPlay which would be nice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer hasn't gotten back to me about my specific order; but I talked to an acquaintance at another dealership who confirmed chip shortage for HUD is a big problem right now. Also mentioned they were informed by JLR that the surround view camera system chip is also in very short supply. They are expecting (and were pretty much told by corporate) that there will be significant delay in most models that have these.

If I was JLR and I was out of HUD chips, and very low on camera chips; I would focus then on using up the remainder on the versions which don't have surround view to move some product. But I bet since the vast majority have surround view these days (including svr), and even if you chose the no HUD option I bet there would still be a significant delay.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Shame about the chips but I hear from a good source that there’s no more svr’s been made so a 22 year will be the same as 21 they have a few hundred allocated but once orders are filled that’s it . Don’t take it as definitely it’s just what I’ve heard . It was supposed to have a 4 litre turbo engine but that didn’t happen

·
Registered
152 Posts
Like ever? Or just while the chip shortage continues?
ever full stop no more svr with a v8 they do have lots made and ready to go any chip shortages obviously will be put in and cars good to go . You will still be able spec one colour etc but there’s only a certain amount left and I know it’s not that many . In a few years electric only .
these could hold good values in the future for sure .
there’s going be a i pace svr (all electric) so I presume the next f pace svr will be electric also .
ive driven fast electric cars a been a passenger in them they have no soul no sound no fun , seems mine will be a keeper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shame about the chips but I hear from a good source that there’s no more svr’s been made so a 22 year will be the same as 21 they have a few hundred allocated but once orders are filled that’s it . Don’t take it as definitely it’s just what I’ve heard . It was supposed to have a 4 litre turbo engine but that didn’t happen
They had an SVR on the stand at Festival of Speed and were still promoting it . No mention of the model being phased out in the short term .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah given they went through the trouble of keeping the 5.0 build happening I don’t see them cancelling the f pace svr just yet. To me the more likely scenario is they will roll out the new bmw 4.4 engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got the call from my dealer today saying they are out of chips for the head up display. They couldn't give me a time frame beyond a potential 1- 6 month delay or get it without HUD in October still.
Update from my dealer today if I want HUD I need to reorder an MY22 model when they open up for orders shortly for a November build date. No information on what changes there might be for that model besides they are expecting a price rise. Have to say the lack of information from Jaguar and the dealer is woeful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts