Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey All..

I've been back and forth about this in my head..Come August ill be picking up the GLC 63 amg or placing an order for the SVR.
from my tag you can tell that i'm favouring the jag..I've always loved the FPace S since it first came out and was just waiting till I've paid off my current ride (Veloster turbo)
but then the GLC 63S amg coupe came out and i'm fighting myself. lol
I love the design of the GLC 63S amg coupe as for the same reason I got the VT, it was something different and new! but I had my eyes on that FPace S first and now the SVR version is coming out in the fall here in toronto

has anyone north of the border order the SVR as yet?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
You are going from a Veloster to a Benz or Jaguar? That is quite the step up. Good for you. Just keep this in mind: The Benz model you have your eyes on is not an SUV. It is a sedan with a hatchback. The F-Pace SVR is a real SUV, albeit a performance SUV. I don't understand why anyone would view these two excellent cars as rivals or comparables. Heck, the MB even calls it a "coupe." They don't call it a sedan or an SUV. I call it a sedan because it has four doors, but it lacks the "U" in SUV.

Get what you want, bro'. The decision shouldn't be difficult.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are going from a Veloster to a Benz or Jaguar? That is quite the step up. Good for you. Just keep this in mind: The Benz model you have your eyes on is not an SUV. It is a sedan with a hatchback. The F-Pace SVR is a real SUV, albeit a performance SUV. I don't understand why anyone would view these two excellent cars as rivals or comparables. Heck, the MB even calls it a "coupe." They don't call it a sedan or an SUV. I call it a sedan because it has four doors, but it lacks the "U" in SUV.

I guess if you're looking at it that way its definitely a step up...thanks. with a 50% down payment and I can basically buy anything decent.
certainly agree with you on the aspect of the GLC 63 coupe not being a real SUV and its the main reason why the FPace is 1st place in my book. they're completely two different type of vehicles.
the GCL coupe only appeals to me form an aesthetic stand point..its not practical as an SUV. but sometimes the heart wants what it wants. lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wish they would do more to set apart the standard GLC 63. It basically looks like the GLC 43. The glc coupe and all of its trim levels don't do it for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I wish they would do more to set apart the standard GLC 63. It basically looks like the GLC 43. The glc coupe and all of its trim levels don't do it for me.

I Felt the same way about most of the Mercedes models for years..remove the badges and they all look the same.
but the new GLC63 is different from the 43 now. 63 has the new panamericana grille from the amg GT. (across all 18/19 models)

There's no in between for the GCL63..you either love it or hate it. lol

·
Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
As a current C63S owner (same engine), I love the engine and car. AWD is nice for the GLC63S. Trek is a little dramatic, the GLC isn’t exactly the biggest vehicle in the world, but it classifies as an SUV as much as the F Pace. Which is not at all. Because they’re “crossover” vehicles. Not SUVs.

I am intrigued by the SVR. The poor experience we’ve had with Jaguar (and they bought our first one back) is what turns me off from it. I’ve had a great experience with Mercedes so far. I can at least assure you that, objectively, the build quality of the AMG is better as well as the materials used.

·
Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
Also with both of these cars bought NEW, 50% cash down covers the first year depreciation curve. So, you’d better plan on unnecessarily burning through cash or holding onto your pick for many, many years.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JWreck you've brought up another point as to why I still have the GLC63 as a contender. "Quality" over all with MB is top notch.
But again it's the size that's folding me back from it. I was suppose to go test drive one this weekend but I change my mind n said I'll wait cause I know I'll end up buying it on the spot.

Also size is what's keeping me from the Macan as well. Plus it's not up to par performance wise compare to the svr or the GLC63 in my opinion. I even thought about the Model X then quickly forgot about it since I'm not looking to spend that kind of money on the performance model.

where I'm at at this point with the next vehicle is to buy something I'm gonna really love and keep for quite some time.
Love the C63s though..especially the 15 - 18 model years. I think it's the ultimate all around car to own if wanting a sedan.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
As a current C63S owner (same engine), I love the engine and car. AWD is nice for the GLC63S. Trek is a little dramatic, the GLC isn’t exactly the biggest vehicle in the world, but it classifies as an SUV as much as the F Pace. Which is not at all. Because they’re “crossover” vehicles. Not SUVs.

I am intrigued by the SVR. The poor experience we’ve had with Jaguar (and they bought our first one back) is what turns me off from it. I’ve had a great experience with Mercedes so far. I can at least assure you that, objectively, the build quality of the AMG is better as well as the materials used.
I'm not saying the GLC 63 isn't a good-looking car, but it does not fit my definition of a crossover. It's a sedan with a hatch. If that thing is a crossover, the Kia Soul must be an SUV.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know that 99.8% of us (including the posters above) know this, but in case anyone doesn't, the GLC and GLC Coupe are two totally different SUVs aesthetically. The regular GLC has that typical, boring German SUV look. It looks like everything else. The GLC Coupe, however, is MB's answer to the BMW X6. In my experience, the GLC Coupe's looks are polarizing - people either love it or hate it. Personally, I like the uniqueness of it and always wonder why it rarely enters the, "what other SUV did you consider" discussions in here.

·
Super Moderator
1,487 Posts

I'm not saying the GLC 63 isn't a good-looking car, but it does not fit my definition of a crossover. It's a sedan with a hatch. If that thing is a crossover, the Kia Soul must be an SUV.
Are you thinking of the correct car? The Soul is significantly smaller in even just external appearance than the GLC.

·
Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
I know that 99.8% of us (including the posters above) know this, but in case anyone doesn't, the GLC and GLC Coupe are two totally different SUVs aesthetically. The regular GLC has that typical, boring German SUV look. It looks like everything else. The GLC Coupe, however, is MB's answer to the BMW X6. In my experience, the GLC Coupe's looks are polarizing - people either love it or hate it. Personally, I like the uniqueness of it and always wonder why it rarely enters the, "what other SUV did you consider" discussions in here.
Yep, I would only consider the GLC63S Coupe. Definitely agree though, people either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Here’s a GLC63 Coupe in Sport+ on the lowest suspension setting. I sat in it and it’s roomy, you do lose a little trunk space height but otherwise it’s basically my car but a little taller outside and in.

G for comparison next to it
Good looking car but is is not an SUV or crossover. It's a sedan.

·
Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
Here’s a GLC63 Coupe in Sport+ on the lowest suspension setting. I sat in it and it’s roomy, you do lose a little trunk space height but otherwise it’s basically my car but a little taller outside and in.

Good looking car but is is not an SUV or crossover. It's a sedan.
Now you’re being facetious and ridiculous. It’s a crossover. Done.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
When was the last time you seen a BENZ on the road?..Oh that's right, just 10 minutes ago and there was four at every corner at the intersection....nuff said.

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My sentiments exactly! Love the GLC 63 coupe.

I looked at the Volvo XC 90 and the jeep Cherokee srt but they aren't anything special in my eyes. The Volvo has potential but again it's a Volvo. Right now my only choices are the FPace S, the SVR or the GLC coupe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Good to know. It's a close race behind the SVR for me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts