Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F Pace SVR for $122,000 is this a reasonable price??

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Raven 
#1 ·
I want to buy a Jaguar F Pace SVR with your regular Santorini Black metallic color; and the price is $122,000 I was surprised because the MSRP of a full option SVR was around $100 K. Am I being ripped off?

#3 · (Edited)
All I asked for is a reasonable discount and they refused to give me anything of value. This dealer is bringing down Jaguar's name to the ground with their insane prices; I know many people who travel to other countries to get their cars from there. Is there a way to communicate my complaint with some kind of QA department or the HQ of Jaguar?

I'm a very Jaguar Enthusiast and I have a Porsche Cayenne model 2017 and still I love their SVR so much I'm willing to switch but those guys are making me look stupid if I pay such a price. :(

EDIT: And to add insult to injury, their sales representative initially said that he will give me a $82,000 loan with NO interest as an offer. Then when their manager found out I like the car; the next day the sales manager came to me and told me that his employee didn't know that this offer is not applicable to SVR cars. Talk about unprofessional staff.

#4 ·
I have been looking to buy an SVR for a couple of weeks now. I fly for free so I was OK with buying a car almost anywhere and driving it home. When I look at Jaguarusa.com the amount of cars in country increased it was at about 200 a week or so ago, now it is about 250. I have talked to a few dealers, none have them have asked for anything above sticker and most will talk below sticker. The North Atlanta dealer agreed on 90k for a sticker price car of 92k. But then wanted to add Lowjack, Fabric protection and something else to add 3k to the price. That being said, I am going to order one and wait 4 months.

#5 ·
Raven, are you in the US? Why would it start at 100k? You should be able to pick up a well optioned SVR for 90k or less in the US anywhere I would think.

#7 ·
OK, now I know why it's a different price! Tough to say if you are being ripped off or not, but I'm also guessing your options for dealerships are far and few between. Good luck, hopefully you can negotiate him down a bit. What was your stated price in, Kuwait $$ or US $$. Conversion should have you paying somewhere around 30k Kuwait not counting different taxes, fees and shipping. If you are paying 122k Kuwait $$$ that sounds pretty damn steep.

#9 ·
Not sure what sort of import fees/taxes are in Kuwait, but looking at other cars online, a new 2019 F-Type R is available for 46000 KWD ($151000) so relative to F-Pace SVR prices in the US $122,000 would be in the right range depending on options.
that’s not to say they aren’t up-charging the f-type too. Their 4 and 6 cylinder prices are much much lower. It would be strange to have a massive gas guzzler tax but it's possible. More likely it’s just the charge for mid-level exclusive type cars.If there’s only one or two in all of Kuwait they can charge whatever they want and someone will eventually buy it.
Will it be you?
Personally I lived in Kuwait City for 6 months and would never ever ever buy a black car there lol.

#11 ·
Thank you guys for the feedback.
I'm thinking of having a special order instead because the one in the showroom has the 380 watt sound system and not the surround and sound is an important factor for me.

I guess, I'm not the buyer of that car after all. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.