Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shocked that my F Pace SVR 2020 4 brakes went bad at 13,000 miles. Pads/sensors and everything was changed. Front was $1,800 and back was $1,635. That's $3,435.
I am disappointed. The minute I get a chance I will sell this car. What is next?
Never seen brakes go bad so early.

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
Well, if you took your car to the dealer for brakes, that was your first mistake. Your second mistake was not reading the forum posts regarding SVR brakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am shocked that my F Pace SVR 2020 4 brakes went bad at 13,000 miles. Pads/sensors and everything was changed. Front was $1,800 and back was $1,635. That's $3,435.
I am disappointed. The minute I get a chance I will sell this car. What is next?
lol I was told I had no choice. If someone else touched it the Warranty on the car will be Void.

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
Mate,

JLR loves customers like you. The dealer cannot void your warranty. Find a good independent mechanic for routine maintenance. JLR is for warranty work.

Stu

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
Porterfield now makes SVR F Pace carbon compound pad. Street performance, low dust
Part numbers
Front APFPACE19F $199.95
Rear APFPACE19R $159.95
$379 Including shipping

Wendy Charlier
General Manager
Porterfield Ent
(949) 548-4470

www.racebrakes.com

You should probably replace the brake pad sensors (1-front...1-rear) as they become brittle and can break when the pads are changed. You should be able to get both sensors for $50 or less.

Stu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Porterfield now makes SVR F Pace carbon compound pad. Street performance, low dust
Part numbers
Front APFPACE19F $199.95
Rear APFPACE19R $159.95
$379 Including shipping

Wendy Charlier
General Manager
Porterfield Ent
(949) 548-4470

www.racebrakes.com

You should probably replace the brake pad sensors (1-front...1-rear) as they become brittle and can break when the pads are changed. You should be able to get both sensors for $50 or less.

Stu
Thanks. However they were changed as well. Everything was replaced front and back! Way too much! Not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know your asking price

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would guess you are too heavy on the accelerator and the brake pedal. I have done 36k miles on the original breaks in my 3L Deisel. It would be cheaper to go on a refresher driving course surely?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts