Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My FP has a meridian 380w without sub and I would like to add one. Would anybody be able to tell me what kind of speaker wire is used in the FP? Copper, etc.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's the same wire as in every other car....the cheapest copper 18g money can buy. However, I added to this 380w system in 2 other JLR vehicles and have tapped into the wires and the speaker wires in this car for several mods. The wire you choose is ultimately irrelevant, if you're splicing, which you are, then the thicker gauge the better. I would say the the spare tire area is a nice chamber for your amp and sub if you choose. It sounded excellent in the Discovery's I had

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Do you think it's better to run a sub and amp or would a powered sub work the same?

·
Registered
524 Posts
A powered sub typically is less refined for the price, and is more ideal when space is a concern etc.
For the size cavity in the spare tire well I would run 8-10" sub, depending on your preference, and pair that up with a 400w mono amp. This gives an impressive thickness and low end to this particular system. Most importantly for me, as I'm always on a small budget but want an impressive outcome, you can get this all done for relatively cheap.
If you want to keep the spare tire,(assuming you don't have the full size) then you'll need to get creative with the space, but it is possible to make it fit. If not then a powered sub may be of interest to you but itll take up space in the boot.
Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions with setup or anything. T.
Thanks for the info. Do you think it's better to run a sub and amp or would a powered sub work the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts