Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently got a F-Pace S and seen at the dealer that they have a set of winter tire and rim package.. being it's the end of the season I figured it's the best time to buy since dealers usually lower prices to move them out quicker.. OE 20" Jaguar rims. Wrapped in Prielli snow tires with sensors, balanced and install for next season for $5199.95 +tax. The most they can take off is 300$ off that price.. is this reasonable at all or is there better deals out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ive recently got a F-Pace S and seen at the dealer that they have a set of winter tire and rim package.. being it's the end of the season I figured it's the best time to buy since dealers usually lower prices to move them out quicker.. OE 20" Jaguar rims. Wrapped in Prielli snow tires with sensors, balanced and install for next season for $5199.95 +tax. The most they can take off is 300$ off that price.. is this reasonable at all or is there better deals out there?
I think that is way too much! I paid this for my setup from Tire Rack who shipped them to a local tire shop who installed them. The installation was included.:

Order Details
Order Number: AX03502
Order Date: 12/06/2016
Shipping Method: UPS Ground
Items Shipping from: McCarran, NV
PRODUCTS ORDERED
Size & Description Qty Availability Price Each Item Total
20X8.5 VERDE SAGA BLK PAINT
4 In Stock $183.00 $732.00
REQUIRED CENTERING RING
4 In Stock N/C N/C
REQUIRED LUGNUT FOR VEHICLE (NICKEL PLATED)
20 In Stock N/C N/C
LUG ADAPTER
1 In Stock N/C N/C
255/50R-20 PIRELLI SCORPION WINTER XL
DOWNLOAD WARRANTY BROCHURE PDF
4 In Stock $256.20 $1,024.80
Tire Rack Road Hazard Protection Included ($80.00 value. Exclusions apply.) $0.00
MOUNT AND BALANCE (NO CHARGE)
4 In Stock N/C N/C
433MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR
4 In Stock $51.00 $204.00
13/16 THINWALL SOCKET
1 In Stock $3.50 $3.50

Item(s) Total: $1,964.30
Shipping: $136.04
Sales Tax: $151.74
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $4.00
Order Total: $2,256.08

For $5,200 plus tax, you could buy two complete sets and have $$$ left over.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Like mentioned, that is really high. You could do the exact same tires locally for $1400-1600 installed vs $2200 on their ad. No idea on the MSRP of the OEM rims but you can buy some REALLY nice looking rims for $2000 shipped. Much better looking than the stock ones which they want $3000 for.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What he said ! For the best, no problem fitting, lots of choices, already mounted and balanced solutions, tire rack is the best right off the top. you can easily get a nice set for 2K. Lots of rim choices......Thats prob what I am going to do too, but it doesn't hurt that I live 30 min from there !

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
265 Posts
What he said ! For the best, no problem fitting, lots of choices, already mounted and balanced solutions, tire rack is the best right off the top. you can easily get a nice set for 2K. Lots of rim choices......Thats prob what I am going to do too, but it doesn't hurt that I live 30 min from there !
Unfortunately for our F-Pace they only list 1 22" wheel

·
Administrator
1,973 Posts
Even though our friend is from Toronto and that would be about $3800.00 US that's still expensive.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Even though our friend is from Toronto and that would be about $3800.00 US that's still expensive.
And to add insult to injury, add the 13% harmonized sales tax, tire disposal fees, environmental fees etc and it'll be close to $6,000 for the OP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As to the original question -- is it reasonable/a deal?

For the tires alone -- definitely not.

For the wheels, centre caps and sensors -- they're probably priced at full list or thereabouts so value is relative.

Now that said, as you appear to be in the west end, you could go approximately 1km from the dealership to Kipling Tire (east side of Kipling, just south of Dundas) and they will set you up with quality 20" winters far more reasonably. Add some aftermarket rims and you'll be around $2000 depending on your exact tire and wheel choices.

Another alternative is Tire Butler, who offer a mobile service in the west end, and they will come to you.

That still leaves the TPMS sensors, which are egregiously priced at the dealership (that's Jaguar's doing - not the actual dealer). A set of OEM TPMS sensors can be purchased from eBay for less than a single sensor at the dealer. Member @torontoadvocate posted some great information earlier in this forum

If you're not in a rush, I may have an extra set of OEM sensors available shortly.

If you prefer to have genuine Jaguar rims, then it would pay to shop around. As the F-Paces become more popular, expect to see more sets of so-called 'take-offs' available. These are nearly new wheels/tires that have been removed after an owner selected aftermarket wheels. I recently picked up a set of mint 20" black Venoms for my own F-Pace.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions

·
Registered
315 Posts
Winter Tire Package

Below is a post I copied from me posted months ago on how to get a really nice winter package for about $1335, HST at 13% only on the rims at $440 or $57 total $1392. The rims look great on my vehicle, there is a picture posted if interested and they are winter rated, meaning rust resistant. Mounted and drove this past winter and they looked great and drove great although we had very little snow this year. Yes you have to shop around and assemble your own package. Or you can pay the dealer $5675 inclusive of tax. I have better uses for almost $4300, even if it is Canadian, as opposed to US dollars.

There are some great buys on Kijji I could have picked up set of four Continental Cross Contact almost brand new for $300. Decided I did not need them, as my Pirelli tires referenced below are almost brand new and I only do about 12,000 kilometers all year or probably about no more than 5000 kilometers in the winter months when these tires are in use. Keep looking and you will find some great slightly used almost brand new tires.

If you want a deal right now go to the site 4tires.ca and they have an off brand winter tire called Mattrek, not XL rated and speed rated H for $146 per tire 255/50/20. Now that is a deal. Unless you are carrying heavy loads or want to drive in the winter at very high speeds, these tires will do the job.

PREVIOUS POST BEOW:

Rts envy gunmetal

Ordered these months ago to ensure that I would have them.

Comes from a Quebec based auto parts importer. RTS is available at many tire dealers throughout Canada.

The Gunmetal finish is winter rated.

20x8.5 and the hub size is an exact match no adapter required.

Before I purchased them my tire dealer tested one on a wheel for fit, brake clearance, etc. Fits perfectly and without the tire mounted looked very nice.

Cost was about $210CAN per rim including, install plus tax (TPMS install, tire mounting, balancing etc.)

I purchased a set of TPMS on EBay from England, OEM at $175CAN for the set. Dealer wanted $150 each.

Tires are takeoffs from another tire dealer, Pirelli Winter and Ice previous generation, V Rated, about 1/2 of brand new with almost no tread wear, look brand new. OEM size. These happened to be the recommended tire from Jaguar if you look at the manual. Paid $720Can. Tire Rack has the current generation with rebate at almost double the price when you calculate the conversion rate to CAN and then you have to pay shipping in addition. I guess I will suffer so to speak with the previous generation!!!

Unlike Alberta, it is still very nice fall weather in Toronto and usually put on the winter tires in the first or second week of November.
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
133 Posts
Also note that the OEM size of 255 50R20 is very popular across different SUV models including Grand Cherokees. Thus there is a wide selection of both new & used rubber available.

A further option is to consider what's known as a minus-1 or minus-2 conversion for the winter, using 19" or 18" rims respectively with slightly narrower tires. The benefits include better performance in deep snow and possibly better rim selection. e.g. there are several sets of F-Pace 19" take-offs on eBay right now for ~US$750.

FWIW I went with a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on the original 20" rims and have been delighted with their overall performance including frequent trips to ski country and the SW Ontario snowbelt

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Unfortunately for our F-Pace they only list 1 22" wheel

Even if you have 22" wheels you can put 19 or 20's on for winter.... More and cheaper choices there and they will actually perform better in snow.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Also note that the OEM size of 255 50R20 is very popular across different SUV models including Grand Cherokees. Thus there is a wide selection of both new & used rubber available.

A further option is to consider what's known as a minus-1 or minus-2 conversion for the winter, using 19" or 18" rims respectively with slightly narrower tires. The benefits include better performance in deep snow and possibly better rim selection. e.g. there are several sets of F-Pace 19" take-offs on eBay right now for ~US$750.

FWIW I went with a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on the original 20" rims and have been delighted with their overall performance including frequent trips to ski country and the SW Ontario snowbelt
Also OEM on Ford Explorer and some Land Rovers or Ranger Rovers. My Pirellis are not a heavy winter tire and I do no know how they will perform in deep snow since we had none in Toronto this past winter, I am sure better than an all seasons. On the other hand can not tell the difference in quiet, traction on dry roads and ride quality from the all season OEM tires.

For all season replacement, if buying new, Sailun Tires from China has an all season XL rated W speed rated 255 50 20, so same specs as the OEM tire if you shop around or online for about $160 per tire. Now that is cheap. I trade every 4 to 5 years so at my mileage rate usually I do not need to replace the OEM tires but for others keep this in mind, if you want to save or are near the end of keeping the vehicle and need to replace tires.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Jag wheels are such a mind blowing rip off. I bought my 20s with tires for $2400 with tire pressure sensors and mounted/balanced. Spending $5000 on a set of winter wheels & tires is the equivalent of kicking yourself in the balls.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all,

I know this is an oldie, but since it just snowed and i floated around like i was on a waterski....

I just bought my Fpace, but it was a premium i didn't like the 19" wheels on. So i promptly bought a set of the above mentioned "dealer pull off's" off ebay for $2600 of the 20's off an rsport. Love em.

As stated, Just snowed here in wisco. Hated em.

So i think what i'm now gonna do is buy a set of the blizzaks DM V2's for $200 a pop, and put them on the 19" rims for the snowy months around here.

That will get me a set of snow tires for about 800.00 bucks.

So that is my solution.

That 5 grand for a set from jag is totally nuts. Just buy a set of 19" or 20" pull offs on ebay for around 700$ and buy the blizzaks for another 800 and then you got a set for $1500.00

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I got 18" black alum new rims and new Blizzaks for under 1200.00 installed by Tirerack. Who cares what they look like when it 5 deg and salty slush out !

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got 18" black alum new rims and new Blizzaks for under 1200.00 installed by Tirerack. Who cares what they look like when it 5 deg and salty slush out !
Mind sharing a link to the set? Looking to get winter rim/tires combo on the cheap given we leased our F-Pace but we'd like better traction in the snow.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You can build it yourself on Tirerack.com
This is pretty close to what I have, but the Blizzaks are much more this year. I see no reason the yoko's won't be just as good....
This includes new TPMS also...

1 Review Your Cart 2 3
Tire & Wheel Packages

Availability: In Stock
Can be delivered Tue, 11/20
Cancel
Focal
F20
18x8
Finish: Black Painted
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
For 2018 Jaguar F-Pace
$138.59

$554.36

TPMS Kit (Per Wheel)
$23.00
$92.00

Optional Black Valve Sleeve and Cap (Requires TPMS Sensors)
$2.99
Included Hardware
4 Required centering ring , 1 19mm/21mm key for hex style lug nuts , 20 Required lugnut for vehicle (nickel plated)
Free Shipping

Availability: In Stock
Can be delivered Tue, 11/20
Yokohama
iceGUARD iG51v
255/60R18
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Load Range: XL
Serv. Desc: 112T

Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
For 2018 Jaguar F-Pace
$164.50

$658.00
Includes Free Road Hazard Protection ($63.72 value. Two-year coverage.)

Free Shipping

Hunter Road Force™ Mounting and Balancing included free of charge with your Tire & Wheel Package. Read More>
Save for Later
Sub-Total:
$1,304.36

1 - 20 of 26 Posts