Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to who is actually considering the F-Pace? Is it older established drivers or younger millennials new to the workplace and with new families? Male vs female purchasers? 1st SUV/crossover purchase or are buyers those coming from established brands? Anyone know or seen this info?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think you are going to find it is all of the above. I can see it appealing to all: young or old, male or female, families or singles. It's a great vehicle!

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
And the point to your question? Just curious as to where this is going. Are you interested in an F Pace? If so please tell us a little about yourself. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a 50 year old professional, married, two kids first one in college, second one is 2nd year in high school. Since 1996 we have owned BMWs including currently 2013 X3, 2005 325xi, 2000 M Roadster, and my wife broke the spell with a Mazda :) In Oct bought the X3 off lease and then in January saw an FPace and went, huh. that is a cool looking SUV :) So, at this moment, probably will hold out for the MY18 in Caesium Blue as that is the same color as the M Roadster parked in the garage. We test drove a 35t Prestige today and really liked it. Comparing to the current BMWs, I think the longer warranty, maintenance, and overall uniqueness of the FPace is what is drawing us to them. I REALLY like the blue color. I am a little under water with the X3 but that is ok...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Low 50's, retired business owner, looking for vehicle for wife, She's had convertibles for 10+ years ( 3 of them). While she has liked them, they are just not as practical as she needs for what she does everyday and aren't the best for the harsh Midwestern winter climate. Her main criterion for a vehicle is, mine has to be different! Don't want to see myself coming and going everyday ! That's why we aren't buying Lexus RX series. My common sense mind says stick with dependable ,tried and true, but the "What the heck" side of me says F Pace. There are none in my area and I doubt if we will see one anytime soon ! That adds to the unique factor for her...

My biggest fears are, dependability, dealer 2+ hours away, No real selection of anything we like anywhere near us, and no real negotiating on the sales price.... We are also squabbling over the diesel vs supercharged debate...( I HATE paying a premium for premium unleaded.. + .80 cents a gal in our area...) and we like the blackout look with rims and black out packages.. But is that a fad or in 5-6 years it will be a very 2017 dated look for resale?
In the end, we'll prob end up with one.. I just hope it treats us well over that 5 yr/60K warranty !

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I am a 50 year old professional, married, two kids first one in college, second one is 2nd year in high school. Since 1996 we have owned BMWs including currently 2013 X3, 2005 325xi, 2000 M Roadster, and my wife broke the spell with a Mazda :) In Oct bought the X3 off lease and then in January saw an FPace and went, huh. that is a cool looking SUV :) So, at this moment, probably will hold out for the MY18 in Caesium Blue as that is the same color as the M Roadster parked in the garage. We test drove a 35t Prestige today and really liked it. Comparing to the current BMWs, I think the longer warranty, maintenance, and overall uniqueness of the FPace is what is drawing us to them. I REALLY like the blue color. I am a little under water with the X3 but that is ok...
Please don't get Caesium Blue. There are so many other extremely attractive colors for the F-Pace. Caesium Blue is a loud, garish, over-the-top color. It wouldn't fit an obviously accomplished and sophisticated professional like you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Agree with Trek about Caesium Blue....only for those under 35 or those with mid life crisis. I had my crisis very early...at 34!

·
Registered
390 Posts
... Don't want to see myself coming and going everyday ! ....
This is one of the best things, IMHO, of Jaguar ownership - they're not on every street corner. In my neck of the woods, MB's, BMW's and Lexus models are the neighborhood Camry's. I don't even notice them any more. And as an owner and car guy, I hate feeling like part of the herd.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
But is that a fad or in 5-6 years it will be a very 2017 dated look for resale?
Please try to look at the F-Pace the way *GR* looks at the F-Pace ! To look at this BEAUTIFUL Being , is like looking at a *PIN-UP GIRL* from the '40s or 50's ! With it's ELEGANT CURVES in all the right places , to the SMOOTH GRACEFUL LINES that are Inviting your eyes to gaze upon her ! The way the Pin-Up Girl wore her Make-Up and Lipstick , that made you say to yourself "WOW , not only is she a CLASSY CHASSIS , but she is a little WILD & AGGRESSIVE too" , just like the effect of the AGGRESSIVE STANCE and FRONT END and WHEELS of the F-Pace ! So , just like the Good Ol' *PIN-UP GIRL* Posters & Calendars will NEVER go "Out Of Style" , I feel that neither will the LOOK of the F-Pace !!!
This is just my Opinion , of course !!! ;)

We have never owned a *Luxury Vehicle* before , but we HAD to have an F-Pace ! The MAGNETIC FORCE was just that POWERFUL ! At first , we had never even seen one on a Lot , as our two closest Dealers were over an hour away ! So the PASSION to own one started just by wathcing YOUTUBE Video Reviews , and reading the posts from the people on this Forum ! I told my Wife , "We're Gettin' One" ! And I have yet to Regret It ! Yes , it has had some flaws & glitches , but just being able to Look at it sitting in the Driveway , makes everything ALRIGHT !!! :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Please try to look at the F-Pace the way *GR* looks at the F-Pace ! To look at this BEAUTIFUL Being , is like looking at a *PIN-UP GIRL* from the '40s or 50's ! With it's ELEGANT CURVES in all the right places , to the SMOOTH GRACEFUL LINES that are Inviting your eyes to gaze upon her ! The way the Pin-Up Girl wore her Make-Up and Lipstick , that made you say to yourself "WOW , not only is she a CLASSY CHASSIS , but she is a little WILD & AGGRESSIVE too" , just like the effect of the AGGRESSIVE STANCE and FRONT END and WHEELS of the F-Pace ! So , just like the Good Ol' *PIN-UP GIRL* Posters & Calendars will NEVER go "Out Of Style" , I feel that neither will the LOOK of the F-Pace !!!
This is just my Opinion , of course !!! ;)

We have never owned a *Luxury Vehicle* before , but we HAD to have an F-Pace ! The MAGNETIC FORCE was just that POWERFUL ! At first , we had never even seen one on a Lot , as our two closest Dealers were over an hour away ! So the PASSION to own one started just by wathcing YOUTUBE Video Reviews , and reading the posts from the people on this Forum ! I told my Wife , "We're Gettin' One" ! And I have yet to Regret It ! Yes , it has had some flaws & glitches , but just being able to Look at it sitting in the Driveway , makes everything ALRIGHT !!! :)

Well it's kinda the same here, but that irreverent effervescence, has to be tempered in my camp by daily dependability ( Dealer 2+ hrs away...) and wifely happiness.... and being able to find one configured how we like....But the prospects are high that one will be in the stable by April-May!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Please don't get Caesium Blue. There are so many other extremely attractive colors for the F-Pace. Caesium Blue is a loud, garish, over-the-top color. It wouldn't fit an obviously accomplished and sophisticated professional like you.
Don't worry. The Caesium Blue is only for the FE's... oh, wait...

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the point to your question? Just curious as to where this is going. Are you interested in an F Pace? If so please tell us a little about yourself. Thank you.
Oh me? I am looking at the F-Pace to replace my 2015 BMW M3 when it goes off lease in a few months. Come from long history of BMWs and my SUV hx includes 2004 e53 BMW X5's 3.0i and 4.4i, then moved to a 2010 BMW x6 3.5i and then to a 2011 BMW X5Ms before moving to my current M3. Love the car and have a history of BMW M's as you can see but looking at something with more space for carrying items at time to include my 2 dogs (German Short Haired Pointers), marine aquarium equipment for my fish tanks and also other larger items when warranted. Also would like the ability to have a vehicle that can handle both the wet and white stuff as well as the off road/light off the trail stuff at times when needed. Just looking for a bit more versatility but something that is sporty too. Don't need vehicle to be track ready...I've got a Carrera S for that if needed but I do enjoy the M3's power and torque and sport exhaust and its my daily driver currently.

Right now not sure if I want to go towards another BMW X5...new ones don't do it for me in looks. X6's maybe but same there not sure if I want another BMW especially a v8 with the resultant cost and gas mileage issues. My X5 was great but by god it drank gas at times especially when you got one it...and who buys an X5M not to do so? So am looking at the F-Pace in particular the R Sport or S sport as an alternative. Also wondering if they will make and SVO version. Other options? Range Rover Sport Supercharged - nice and always wanted one but god the electronics just scare me as does the price! You really pay for the name don't you! Macan GTS? Possible and have driven them multiple times as loaners...great cars but dayum small! Drive is the best out there. However as for Porsche my wife has a 2016 Cayenne so if I really need the space and hauling ability I have the big boy for that...just don't feel I should be plotting on using her car all the time and inconveniencing her schedule for my SUV needs thus the decision to move maybe to a smaller SUV for my needs. Other thoughts Maserati Levante is out but pricey...and review say it needs a bit of work and Alpha Romeo Stevito nice...but the styling can be polarizing. Land Rover Disco? Hmm...Evoque no way. Mercedes...would have to be larger than the GLK so not sure where that puts me and I've never been really a Benz driver. Soo...what's left.

Have looked at the forum and just wonder what are the shopping demographics of F-Pace buyers and those considering the car and why? Lifestyle? Driving choices? Finances? drove their purchases.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Geezer retired professional here.
Wanted a new vehicle that was Different.
Yep it's mine now

Looked at Levante. Ugly lmo

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm 32 and single. So that puts me squarely in the millennial-when-convenient bracket. I bought the F-pace based on looks, performance, and a slight bit because of technology.... which you may consider me crazy for.

·
Registered
130 Posts
38 yr old and just wanted another car

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think the folks above captured the "market" for this car perfectly...there is no specific demographic that it targets. As noted, it's a "magnetic force" for people that see one and think "whoa, what is THAT?" then test drive one and almost can't walk away from the dealer without one. The dealer I'm working with was telling me about all the different people he's sold to: woman who is going from a Rav4 to this, filthy rich who want an extra car, someone who ordered one over the phone because she saw a photo of one and didn't care about anything but it being white...all kinds. I think the media has portrayed Jaguar owners as being older white males with low self-confidence, lol, but that's not the case with this vehicle.

As for me, I'm a 46 year old car guy (Volvo and BMW enthusiast) in the pharmaceutical industry with a daughter going into high school. I'm not worried about people commenting on me "having a mid-life crisis", as I simply don't care. I LOVE a good vehicle and appreciate what the F-Pace is. A "Sport" Utility Vehicle. I was considering the new Volvo V90 to replace my highly modified, Polestar tuned Volvo XC70 T6, but by all accounts it is a very boring and mediocre (say in Immortan Joe voice) car to drive. Not spending $60K + on that type of vehicle, and will be leaving my long time residence in the Volvo fold for an F-Pace in a few months.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
I think the folks above captured the "market" for this car perfectly...there is no specific demographic that it targets. As noted, it's a "magnetic force" for people that see one and think "whoa, what is THAT?" then test drive one and almost can't walk away from the dealer without one. The dealer I'm working with was telling me about all the different people he's sold to: woman who is going from a Rav4 to this, filthy rich who want an extra car, someone who ordered one over the phone because she saw a photo of one and didn't care about anything but it being white...all kinds. I think the media has portrayed Jaguar owners as being older white males with low self-confidence, lol, but that's not the case with this vehicle.

As for me, I'm a 46 year old car guy (Volvo and BMW enthusiast) in the pharmaceutical industry with a daughter going into high school. I'm not worried about people commenting on me "having a mid-life crisis", as I simply don't care. I LOVE a good vehicle and appreciate what the F-Pace is. A "Sport" Utility Vehicle. I was considering the new Volvo V90 to replace my highly modified, Polestar tuned Volvo XC70 T6, but by all accounts it is a very boring and mediocre (say in Immortan Joe voice) car to drive. Not spending $60K + on that type of vehicle, and will be leaving my long time residence in the Volvo fold for an F-Pace in a few months.
I seem to remember that prior to F Pace introduction (and other newly restyled lines) Jaguar's buyer's median age was around mid 50's. Several years ago data came out also showing that Jaguar was the most "Republican" brand, e.g. Jaguar owners were most likely of all US sold brands to identify as Republicans. So F Pace is definitely breaking the mold, at least for some of us ;) - said as data not to provoke a moderator banning political discussion.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I seem to remember that prior to F Pace introduction (and other newly restyled lines) Jaguar's buyer's median age was around mid 50's. Several years ago data came out also showing that Jaguar was the most "Republican" brand, e.g. Jaguar owners were most likely of all US sold brands to identify as Republicans. So F Pace is definitely breaking the mold, at least for some of us ;) - said as data not to provoke a moderator banning political discussion.
Interesting observation, and had I known this ten years ago, might not have bought my first Jaguar :) I fit one of two that you observed, but this is my third Jaguar, so brand loyalty was a big factor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
38 here, wanted a sporty suv, best handling one I test drove. It is also the best looking one, but performance was my #1 criteria.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts