Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any of the on-line downloadable service manuals? I’ve just bought from easymanuals.co.uk (can I list that?)and it is awesome!
I’ve had service manuals for other cars in the past and they are 120-150 pages. This download is 11941 pages!!!
Incredibly detailed about any possible service process required. Only issue is the indexing is non-existent so you sort of have to scroll through to find what you want. Luckily it’s broken into segments and you can semi-blindly feel your way through it.
It’s not perfect but I’m one who loves to know the intricate mechanical details of things and this satisfies that itch. For example, did you know the F Pace has a vacuum controlled engine mount? It’s designed to be soft at idle, up to about 1200rpm where it firms up again. Operated by an engine derived vacuum pump!
This manual would enable someone to dismantle and rebuild an F Pace if they so desired!
Anyway, if you’ve ever wondered if they’re any good, it seems great. You’ve just got to be prepared to search for what you need to know.
By the way, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the site. Just a good product worth mentioning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just did and its a very well put together book, and for $21 plus change ? Cheapest manual I've ever bought. Have it on my computer plus my iPad incase I have a question while on the road.

Do you have the 16-19 version (sounds like it) ? Or the VIN only selection ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got the ‘16-‘19 version too. Incredible level of detail, biggest fault is the lack of an index.

·
F Pace Expert
2,531 Posts
Yes it is. You can get them on a USB stick too if you desire.
The download took a long time, possibly due to it being to an iPad? Maybe also the fact it’s almost 12,000 pages!
Probably your internet connection. Mine took about 5 minutes on an ipad over a 1GB connection.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
And you can't run a search using Adobe?
I downloaded the file in about 30 seconds ( I have a 1gb fiber in my house)

The PDF file is 277.8MB

The file is 11941 pages long, in no particular order. It’s kind of grouped together just not like you would think.

I have it on my iPad. I put the PDF file on my drop box, and also it in to iBook and also Adobe reader .

I did a search for a unique string in Adobe reader from page 1, I searched for SILZKAR7C10S that is the spark plug part number that only shows up once in this PDF. The search took about 4mins on my iPad Pro

It was on page 8429 so the search does work.

This says it’s for the 2016 - 2019 models, this seems to be for the 2017 model year as each page shows this “2017.0 F-PACE (X761)”

It has a lot of good info, however since I have a 2019 now I would like that information

Any other questions

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve got it saved in the Books app on an iPad Pro and found there is an index! If you change from individual lates to a tile view, there’s a list option that gives an index you can click and go straight to the time you want.

·
Registered
313 Posts
does your manual include the 2019 SVR? When I look at the description before purchasing it only mentions 2L and 3L engines. and the VIN customized version is much more expensive.
I’m mostly interested to see the wiring diagram for the mirror and related electronics, which should be the same, but if I’m going to buy a shop manual I’d like for it to cover the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
does your manual include the 2019 SVR? When I look at the description before purchasing it only mentions 2L and 3L engines. and the VIN customized version is much more expensive.
I’m mostly interested to see the wiring diagram for the mirror and related electronics, which should be the same, but if I’m going to buy a shop manual I’d like for it to cover the whole vehicle.
The interior power should be the same since its an F-PACE, it has different engine and the ECU is set up the V8, the center console has the stick swapped in from the puck selector and there is a split switch for the active exhaust and engine speed Limiter for going down hills. I would be interested to know if the wire loom is the same for all models to keep cost down, and not have lots of different versions

DP

Reactions: NixMo

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks for this link. I downloaded the generic manual this morning. I was curious to check on the procedure for pollen filter replacement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts