Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

It's not easy getting enough participants for low-volume makes like Jaguar, but we've been able to provide stats for some years of the XF and F-Type because owners were interested. I'd love to do the same for the F-PACE.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Macan, for free. I'll share results for the F-PACE in this thread after each update.

Learn about Cars from the Owners who Drive Them | TrueDelta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eight signed up so far, a decent start for a low-volume model. More are needed to provide reliability stats.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm already 1 of the 8. :D

Kerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I remember you from the Macan site.
Have you owned both? If so, how do you think they compare?

What we have for the Macan, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better):

2016 Macan: no repairs reported through September 2016, but a small sample size; still a clear improvement over the 2015

2015 Macan: 32, moderate, better than earlier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts