Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am having a bit of a problem with my 2018
Basically , (especially when the weather is wet / cold ) when turning either left or right at a slow pace eg off the drive or even just turning a tight corner slowly , it “pushes” the front as it turns making the front tyres judder (oversteer ) .
This happens all the time whenever your doing a tight turn .
It’s really bad , we took it to Jag ,Land Rover in Stockport UK ,only to be told “ it’s the characteristic of the car ! Fgs .
£40000 car and it’s bloody awful to drive . Also the suspension is rock solid , we can feel every bump . ? Any one else had similar problems

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,238 Posts
My guess is you have Perelli tires, this is a know issue. It’s due to the tire compound and the suspension alignment.

DP

·
Registered
591 Posts
Am having a bit of a problem with my 2018
Basically , (especially when the weather is wet / cold ) when turning either left or right at a slow pace eg off the drive or even just turning a tight corner slowly , it “pushes” the front as it turns making the front tyres judder (oversteer ) .
This happens all the time whenever your doing a tight turn .
It’s really bad , we took it to Jag ,Land Rover in Stockport UK ,only to be told “ it’s the characteristic of the car ! Fgs .
£40000 car and it’s bloody awful to drive . Also the suspension is rock solid , we can feel every bump . ? Any one else had similar problems
Take air out of the tires. At least in the US, the dealer always adds air due to govt requirements to meet their fleet-wide fuel emission standards. There is a "light load" setting, so choose that and then put in, say, 38 PSI of air. Will let you do the conversion to metric ;)
And the judder might get better. But I'll guess that you are finding that the car is starting is awd, and since you are just starting it has not yet backed it off to rwd mode. Next time, try showing the current drive configuration in the display (I've forgotten how it is labeled, but on my ICT system it is in the lower left of the second set of screens on the display). I'll bet it shows the front axle engaged.
hth

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, exactly what TLockhart said - look for the "light load" setting. I think it comes "normal" as in triple cheeseburger American eating driver and passengers or "normal" is for filling your back end with bricks from Home Depot. We had ours at 32lbs (and light load setting) to make it acceptable for daily driving. Since we had the first FPace here in Oregon, I think the dealer was just excited to get it to us and never checked the shipping pressure, which is huge. So after our superball wheel first drive, I remembered taking the tire pressure and it was over 50lbs! We were a lot happier with the car after taking out 20lbs per wheel....:oops:

Lettuce know how it goes 🥬

·
F Pace Expert
2,626 Posts
please refer to this thread:

“This is NOT an error state. It is a result of geometry focused for higher dynamic higher cornering speeds, manoeuver, environment and tyre type.”

1 - 6 of 6 Posts