Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,547 Posts
OK, now I believe you! Apologies for doubt. Sorry to see this. Will be interested to hear resolution.

I wonder if you don't have a grounding or voltage issue given the electrical related problems described.

You might be interested in the following regarding vibration at stop, and possibly connected to other problems?:

SSM73094 - Vehicle / Exhaust vibration when stationary at idle and/or DTC P245B-84

Issue:
Excessive vibration of vehicle and exhaust system when stationary at idle and/or DTC P245B-84 (DTC will only be present on 2.0 Diesel engines)

Cause:
Engine mount not switching into idle condition

Action:
Step 1) Inspect all vacuum lines for correct connections and for damage. If fault found connect/replace hose and check if vehicle issue is resolved. Raise EPQR

Step 2) Disconnect vacuum hose connection directly at the engine mounts and vacuum test the engine mount. The engine mount should switch before 0.4 bar of vacuum is pulled and then be able to hold the vacuum for 1 minute. There is an audible ‘pop’ as the mount switches. If the mount doesn’t hold a vacuum replace that mount. Check if vehicle issue is resolved. Raise EPQR

Step3) Disconnect the vacuum hose at the solenoid and vacuum test the system, if it is unable to hold a vacuum systematically check each hose until the faulty hose is found. Raise EPQR

-----------------------

ALSO:

Reference SSM73030

Models F-PACE / X761
XE / X760
XF / X260
Title Ingenium I4 2.0L Diesel - Logging P062F-44 - EEPROM Error
Category Engine
Last modified 30-Jan-2017 00:00:00
Symptom 499000 Basic Engine
Content
Issue:
JLR are investigating X260/X760/X761 INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel Powertrain control module (PCM) logging DTC P062F- 44 - EEPROM Error.

Cause:
Unknown at this time.

Action:
Any retailer who find an issue with INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel PCM's logging DTC P062F- 44 EEPROM Error please DO NOT CLEAR THE DTC and It would be appreciated if no further diagnosis is undertaken, an EPQR is submitted and an email is sent to [email protected] to investigate the issue first hand.

--------------
Finally, regarding windows, maybe this?

SITUATION:

The windows may not lower/raise when using the driver's door switchpack. Upon diagnosis, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) U200D-11 is found to be stored in the Driver Door Module (DDM).

CAUSE:

This may be caused by the door switchpack having a high inrush current spike for a very short time, exceeding the specified output of the field effect transistor driving it.

ACTION:

Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below. (Basically they do a reset of window controls)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
my experience so far:

ICTP - lots of issues most of which have been described in previous posts. So far have been fixed by the latest update.

First serious issue - power steering went dead, took a week to diagnose and 2 more weeks to replace the steering column.
Second issue - 2 days after the steering column replacement, car started twitching while on cruise control or driving at constant speed. Short deceleration followed by acceleration, recurring every few seconds. Feels like engine cutting power, or most likely fuel pump issue. Seems to happen randomly, over 100km highway it could happen over the distance of 10km or so. Really annoying. getting it checked tomorrow.
Third issue - most likely connected to the second, but the car randomly shakes while stopped at traffic lights, feels like it is about to stall - most likely fuel pump issue.
Various other electrical issues - windows not working, car not locking or unlocking etc.
Rattling instrument cluster - fixed by double sided tape

This is happening on a 4 month old 3.0 diesel.

Friends 2,0 diesel is currently also at the dealer getting adblue pump replaced - no idea how but it is cracked and leaking, displaying some error which says "your car will not start after 800km".

Conclusion - will be returning 3 F-paces to the dealer and never in the near future am I willing to buy anything Jaguar related.

Since I am quite a regular at Jaguar service had a little chat with them, F-paces have massive issues and a lot of them are returning to the dealer on tow trucks...
Sorry to hear about your issues, fujima. What country are you in? I think literally everyone has had problems with their F-Paces. Everything from minor rattles to major problems with the front differential. My issues have been software or rattle related which were fixed months ago. I've had no mechanical or engine or chassis type problems. No leaks, no smoking engines, no misaligned hood or doors. I'm now at 9,900 miles. I've had bigger problems from other people doing things to my car. I did have my car towed via flatbed once, but that was because someone slashed all four of my new 22" all -season tires. My dealer's service department mechanic backed my car into a truck in the service department. Before that some total pri*k viciously vandalized my car to the point it had to go into the body shop. If I can just get past other people on the planet, the problems with my F-Pace have been few and more annoying than serious, despite receiving one of the first beta models off the boat.

·
F Pace Expert
2,547 Posts
Looks to be Lithuania or nearby Baltic country

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have almost 5k miles on my S and haven't had any real problems yet so some of us are doing well... The only issue I have is that the doors often won't lock using the keyless touch point on the handle after I get out. Usually if I stop trying and wait for about 10 - 15 s it works. Much more annoying that I would have thought. A couple times it didn't work even after the wait and I just stopped, swore and walked away using my key to lock it. This does not happen all the time, I'd say just over half the time so I am guessing it is not some timer or wait until she finishes shutting down type of thing. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a Premium and have been driving it for a couple weeks. So far I have identified the following issues and will be bringing the car in for a service call next week:

1. Condensation in one of the front headlights
2. Rattle in drivers side door. Sounds as though something is loose when shutting the door
3. Jerking motion while decelerating. It almost feels like I'm applying the brakes within seconds of removing my foot from the gas.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have almost 5k miles on my S and haven't had any real problems yet so some of us are doing well... The only issue I have is that the doors often won't lock using the keyless touch point on the handle after I get out. Usually if I stop trying and wait for about 10 - 15 s it works. Much more annoying that I would have thought. A couple times it didn't work even after the wait and I just stopped, swore and walked away using my key to lock it. This does not happen all the time, I'd say just over half the time so I am guessing it is not some timer or wait until she finishes shutting down type of thing. Anyone else experiencing something similar?
I have to make sure it's not near my iPhone.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I found when I initially got the F-Pace that when I touched the keyless touch point I was also touching the inside of the handle, the area that is used to unlock the car. After I adjusted to just using the touch point (without touching the handle) I haven't had any issues.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update on the black 2.0 diesel - cracked adblue pump. No parts available (from factory), no ETA... returned the car as is, it is still good for another 800kms before it dies...

Red 3.0 diesel - electrical shorting due to exposed and corroded wires, temporary fix by applying electrical tape to seal the wires. Replacement part ordered, but no ETA either...

Windows not closing - as mentioned in the post above, most likely due to surge to the controls. The driver side controls die after opening window (not always), all power gets cut to the controls, illumination dies too. After a while starts working again.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Update on the black 2.0 diesel - cracked adblue pump. No parts available (from factory), no ETA... returned the car as is, it is still good for another 800kms before it dies...

Red 3.0 diesel - electrical shorting due to exposed and corroded wires, temporary fix by applying electrical tape to seal the wires. Replacement part ordered, but no ETA either...

Windows not closing - as mentioned in the post above, most likely due to surge to the controls. The driver side controls die after opening window (not always), all power gets cut to the controls, illumination dies too. After a while starts working again.
Where are you located?
What are the build dates of these FP'S?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not sure what to expect next. After experiencing all F-Pace common problems my wife’s car has been towed yesterday to the dealer second time in the last few months. The first towing was due to leaking coolant and now even more dramatic experience with smoke coming out from under the hood. Apparently, one of the engine belts got damaged and it looked like some pieces got melted as well. Unbelievable experience with barely 6 months old car. Initially, I thought that if the software is the only issue then it is not a big deal, it can be fixed. It’s getting worse. Now I’m thinking of cutting this romance with Jaguar short.
****. I was thinking of replacing my 07 MDX with the F Pace. Since 07 (new model like the Jag) I've had only the following go wrong:
1) gas filler door stuck (recalled) 500 miles

2) new battery at three years

3) new tires every 25-20 thousand miles

4) wiper came on by itself at 50,000 miles (fixed)

5) other electrical issues fixed by new panel $900 at 60,000

6) New front shocks needed at 60,000

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
****. I was thinking of replacing my 07 MDX with the F Pace. Since 07 (new model like the Jag) I've had only the following go wrong:
1) gas filler door stuck (recalled) 500 miles

2) new battery at three years

3) new tires every 25-20 thousand miles

4) wiper came on by itself at 50,000 miles (fixed)

5) other electrical issues fixed by new panel $900 at 60,000

6) New front shocks needed at 60,000

I had the same MDX two times in a row 2003 & 2007 and they were bulletproof.... Maybe a bit boring compared to the FP but 4 years and 75k Of basic maintenance on each as you said.. SH AWD was unstoppable in the snow and it was always there and dependable. I can only HOPE this F Pace will be the same way.. I'd love to be able to say this again... Fingers crossed !

·
Registered
6 Posts

Update:

2.0d has been fixed last week - so far no more problems.

My 3.0d - finally received the part, which replaces part of the exhaust along with the shorting wires. When I dropped it of for replacement yesterday, asked them to check the suspension as something was rattling/banging at times after the steering column replacement. After picking it up, I was informed that I will have to drop it off once again sometime soon, as the Anti-roll bar link or part of it is f'ed...

The joy of owning jaguar continues...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You guys are worrying me now. I'm a first timer with Jaguar. I am used to Lexus and Acura and their near flawless if somewhat boring execution. I am not used to cars with problems. I've avoided German cars because of their poor reputations for quality.

God help me if my F-Pace turns out to be a problem. I don't think I would be able to take it with just a shrug. It would sour me on the brand.
I agree..I owned two German cars..One a 1959 VW and a new 1992 Benz 300E..Both were just okay... IMO... I'll address the Benz only as the VW was a joke...It had it's share of dates with the Service dept. and mostly not routine..So in light of the BS VW today has pulled with cheating the EPA rules and What I've seen and heard with reliability with them across the board..I'm not a big German car fan...On Porsche and Audi, I have no opinion, except that they are proud them, and they are over rated IMO..oh, I guess I do have an opinion after all:D

I've owned 3 JAGs and still have two....nuff said.;)

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of us on the forums, it will be great to share any potential problems or "weird sounds" that may occur on your Fpace once you get yours so we can all keep abreast. There will be the inevitable lemon someone will get too. Doesn't mean they're all going to be bad, sometimes things just don't line up right and that particular car will be a real turd (like a 99' Dodge Durango we had...:mad:)

Anyway, sometimes these problems take a long time to show up. I became somewhat of semi-expert on XJ's 1995-2000 as I had to be since I owned 2. There were many problems that showed up across the board that encompassed every part of the car. Through Jag-Lovers Forum, I was able to help many people with their problems and also put the idea of looking out for potential problems to those that hadn't reached the usual "problem mileage" for a particular problem to show up. And in some cases, some cars never developed certain problems that 90% of the rest of them did (I was one of those guys :)). But let's share anything that comes up warranty or not regarding our FPace.

Since the FPace shares the same engine as the F-Type, maybe there hasn't been enough miles yet for those problems to surface. Maybe we'll get lucky and it's the best engine ever. The V8's of the XJ series were a good engine design except for 2 major design flaws. First, the Nikasil disaster which I won't get into here as Jag, (as well as Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, etc) all learned their lesson about THAT whole thing, and eventually stopped using it. The other was the use of cam-chain tensioners that were of not robust enough build quality. The body of the spring would split at around 40 to 70 thousand miles, and become sloppy. When that happened, it could not contain the cam chain under duress and under hard load would allow the chain to slip, thereby leading to bad things like rods going through the side of the block - ugh! Once the tensioners were fixed and you got a mid 2000 engine or later - a uh...very good engine. The straight 6 of the earlier models was generally good but had cracking header issues in later years.

I believe that there's many other parts shared with the F-Type so hopefully all the bugs (if any) that show up on F-Types that have a lot more miles on them will translate into fixing potential problems as "recalls fixed free of charge". I have read of a few superchargers having to be replaced so there's something to keep an eye on.... all it takes is one part in the assembly to go screwball.

So, let us pray for a quality car with a lot of bugs worked out that hopefully would have shown up already on the F-Types and all the testing in Viking land and the largest catbox in the world - the Middle east (with all that heat). It's nice reading that supposedly all this testing has been done with those extremes so I'm looking forward to our cars being solid in our normal environments.
I have an ultra blue 22 plate svr fpace & i hate it. When i start the car it takes a few min before the revs drop enough to drive off, but its not smooth as it pulls away it kind of surges until a few min later then its ok. Prob is even with traffic one cant overtake as its all or nothing, it will either build too much speed which results in heavy breaking so i find it easier to just sit in traffic. My old 3.0 diesel range rover was easier to drive fast. Also when my car was del the door shuts were not aligned so it had to go back to body shop to be taken off & re aligned. However i still have some wind noise coming from somewhere but the service guys say they cant hear anything nor do they think it runs poorly. I think it rides harsh & the tyres create loads of tyre roar. 17mpg around town is killing me car has only done 1200 miles So far i have had to have the sun roof re aligned along with the doors. Also Why when the car is hot & i stop for a couple hrs does it start up & run like its a first cold start. Has anyone else had same issues & if so how did you fix them or is this normal on a crap jag costing 85 k

I did the factory tour at Solihull UK 2 weeks ago where the F PACE, XE and RR Sport are built on the same production line. It is state of the art robotics with testing down to the micron all along the line with an in depth physical inspection on every car at the end by trained Q&A inspectors so the days of a 'Friday afternoon car' are no longer possible as every car will be exactly the same...

I'm not disputing there will not be any teething issues but car manufacturing is very different to a few years ago in state of the art plants like Jaguar where TaTa have invested billions to mitigate quality problems and increase efficiency and volume
Just my 50 cents
What utter bs. My f pace svr cost 85 k with every extra on 22 plate. Yet the sunroof was misaligned as were all 4 doors. Some expert on end of line doin quality control yea right. Id like to meet the twat

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think it rides harsh & the tyres create loads of tyre roar.
Can't help you with the rest, but are you sure the tires aren't inflated too high? If it's just you and a couple passengers, the "light load" PSI is fine (the ride is way more comfortable at 35 PSI).

So far i have had to have the sun roof re aligned
Was the sunroof just visually mis-aligned (cosmetic)? Or was it obstructing it from opening/closing properly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't help you with the rest, but are you sure the tires aren't inflated too high? If it's just you and a couple passengers, the "light load" PSI is fine (the ride is way more comfortable at 35 PSI).

Was the sunroof just visually mis-aligned (cosmetic)? Or was it obstructing it from opening/closing properly?
My tyres are set at 34psi i only ever run light load as only me in car so thats not it. better suspension travel on 21 “ tyres as well as a much better tyre prob say a michein pilot sport 4 like i had on an alpina would be far better. As for the sun roof when open & trying to close it it then would bounce back open several times. The dealership had to re align some bars on the inside of sun roof. Its fine now. My main issue is the wind noise from 70 mph coming from somwhere but dealer cant hear or find it so i will have to pay a specialist to find it. Also the lumpy running which dealer says is normal i am trying to reject car at present. I hate it wish i had never ordered it.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts