Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
What is the easiest way to confirm that I have the latest ICTP revision when I pick it up (other than taking the dealer's word for it)?

·
Registered
129 Posts
There have been many owners on there who have experienced numerous issues wit their infotainment system. I experienced less than most. However after we received the update 99% of our issues have been resolved. No one other than your dealer dropped the ball here. They were supposed to install that update prior to you taking your vehicle. I would highly recommend you call Jaguar NA and express your disappointment and frustration.
aka - give them a ONE on the survey

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, so anyone else have a problem with their front heater blower motor? Had the filter replaced and now the blow motor replaced and it still coughs like it has asthma and makes an enormous amount of noise. Anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys are worrying me now. I'm a first timer with Jaguar. I am used to Lexus and Acura and their near flawless if somewhat boring execution. I am not used to cars with problems. I've avoided German cars because of their poor reputations for quality.

God help me if my F-Pace turns out to be a problem. I don't think I would be able to take it with just a shrug. It would sour me on the brand.
Jag '07 XK --- soured more due to service department, constant use of said service department and overall pain in the butt. Going Levante

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jag '07 XK --- soured more due to service department, constant use of said service department and overall pain in the butt. Going Levante
WOW! Became a member of the forum just to say you're going to buy a Levante?!? :confused:

Guess some people have way too much time on their hands.

Kerry

Reactions: Caymus and GRVR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Update from SoCal

Hey Folks,
Just wanted to give an update on a few issues I have with the F-Pace, and where we're at to date. I dropped the car off for service 2 weeks ago after a joyful 1st week of use, for the following problems:

1) 3-G connectivity issue; display shows the connection is active, but no actual connectivity.
2) Navigation guidance provides no voice prompts; worked randomly one time only
3) Sirius radio fails to show channel icons or logos
4) Mis-aligned hood
5) Rear door requiring extra force to close

The car was sent to a body shop for the hood (looks perfect now), and the rear door's latch was adjusted to close properly.

Regarding the other issues, the service manager ensured that all software updates were applied, yet the "tech" problems remained. A few "tickets" were opened w/ Jaguar, who advised to replace the control unit for the infotainment system. A few days passed, the unit was replaced, and after 3 attempts they were able to load the latest software. Unfortunately, the issues remained. I was instructed to go ahead and take the car home, and would be contacted when new updates were available; 8 days total in the shop.

They were nice enough to give me an XF R-Sport loaner for the week and a half. It also has the ITCP system, and it works just fine (for Nav and Sirius), but has that ear shattering phone ringer issue (where the F-Pace didn't). Go figure; seems it's a crap shoot what works and what doesn't...

Anyway, within an hour or so of leaving the dealer, the Sirius icons magically started to appear. Navigation voice guidance has been intermittent. Regarding the 3G, I bit the bullet and signed up through AT&T (since they were unable to activate the trial period), and that now works well.

Last weekend for grins I tried to play a CD; froze midway through requiring shutting down the car, waiting, and restarting the car just to be able to eject the disc. Seems this is another issue some members are having. Have been ripping to a thumb drive since and that seems to work fine.

Anyway, back in the shop today for some pretty annoying rattles that showed up AFTER the first trip to the shop; hopefully they can get those sorted out. At least I'll get a free car wash.

I sent a pretty detailed letter to Jaguar Corporate outlining the issues, as I believe it's important these problems are brought to their attention by consumers, not just the dealerships. Will be curious how they respond.

Truth is I LOVE the car, and most of these issues are more annoying than anything else. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey Folks,
Just wanted to give an update on a few issues I have with the F-Pace, and where we're at to date. I dropped the car off for service 2 weeks ago after a joyful 1st week of use, for the following problems:

1) 3-G connectivity issue; display shows the connection is active, but no actual connectivity.
4) Mis-aligned hood

The car was sent to a body shop for the hood (looks perfect now), and the rear door's latch was adjusted to close properly.

Regarding the other issues, the service manager ensured that all software updates were applied, yet the "tech" problems remained. A few "tickets" were opened w/ Jaguar, who advised to replace the control unit for the infotainment system. A few days passed, the unit was replaced, and after 3 attempts they were able to load the latest software. Unfortunately, the issues remained. I was instructed to go ahead and take the car home, and would be contacted when new updates were available; 8 days total in the shop.

They were nice enough to give me an XF R-Sport loaner for the week and a half. It also has the ITCP system, and it works just fine (for Nav and Sirius), but has that ear shattering phone ringer issue (where the F-Pace didn't). Go figure; seems it's a crap shoot what works and what doesn't...

Anyway, within an hour or so of leaving the dealer, the Sirius icons magically started to appear. Navigation voice guidance has been intermittent. Regarding the 3G, I bit the bullet and signed up through AT&T (since they were unable to activate the trial period), and that now works well.

Last weekend for grins I tried to play a CD; froze midway through requiring shutting down the car, waiting, and restarting the car just to be able to eject the disc. Seems this is another issue some members are having. Have been ripping to a thumb drive since and that seems to work fine.

Anyway, back in the shop today for some pretty annoying rattles that showed up AFTER the first trip to the shop; hopefully they can get those sorted out. At least I'll get a free car wash.

I sent a pretty detailed letter to Jaguar Corporate outlining the issues, as I believe it's important these problems are brought to their attention by consumers, not just the dealerships. Will be curious how they respond.

Truth is I LOVE the car, and most of these issues are more annoying than anything else. Fingers crossed...
I have had my F-Pace for a couple of weeks and seem to have the same issue with 4) and 5) above. What was the hood alignment issue? Mine is on the driver side where the hood meets the front panel. My rear door on the driver side I noticed does not shut as easily as other doors. No problems with 3G or Nav. Haven't tried a CD yet. Guess I should but I don't plan to play CD's too often.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Hey SoCalGuy ! It sounds like you are being tolerant about these issues , and that's a Good Thing ! They are , as you said "ANNOYANCES" , but the vehicle is just TOO COOL to throw in the towel !!! Right now , I am in the same boat with the CD issue , but VZX posted awhile ago about the CD Issue being separate from anything else , he even posted a *Bulletin* concerning it ! Check that out , if you can find it !
As you said , Keep Your Fingers Crossed !!! :)
Hopefully BETTER DAYS are ahead !!! ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had my F-Pace for a couple of weeks and seem to have the same issue with 4) and 5) above. What was the hood alignment issue? Mine is on the driver side where the hood meets the front panel. My rear door on the driver side I noticed does not shut as easily as other doors. No problems with 3G or Nav. Haven't tried a CD yet. Guess I should but I don't plan to play CD's too often.
The hood alignment was where the front of the hood met the front fascia; gap wasn't even from one side to the other (sounds like yours), and the center of the hood (again along the front), rested below the front trim when closed. The service department made some adjustments that did improve it, but still wasn't perfect. Was a bit reluctant to send a new car to a body shop, but glad I did. Ripping my CD's to FLAC and loading them in the media library via the thumb drive produces some awesome sound! This audio system really shines when the source is high quality.

Hey SoCalGuy ! It sounds like you are being tolerant about these issues , and that's a Good Thing ! They are , as you said "ANNOYANCES" , but the vehicle is just TOO COOL to throw in the towel !!! Right now , I am in the same boat with the CD issue , but VZX posted awhile ago about the CD Issue being separate from anything else , he even posted a *Bulletin* concerning it ! Check that out , if you can find it !
As you said , Keep Your Fingers Crossed !!! :)
Hopefully BETTER DAYS are ahead !!! ;)
Bought this car figuring there would be some issues; purposely went through a local dealership knowing it may spend some time in the shop (glad I did). The car's 99% good, and that 99% is AWESOME! I may address the CD issue down the road; afraid another "update" may jack something else up :eek:

Now the wait begins to see what kind of a response (if any) my letter will get from Jaguar. They'll probably offer me a free mug :D

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was spitting nails yesterday when I forgot to turn my Bluetooth off on my phone, and had an incoming call blast my fu&*ing head off my body. Seriously, this is an INSANE, negligent, and DANGEROUS flaw in the ICTP system that needs to get addressed before someone has an accident caused by this. I am not that far from contemplating a legal action for hearing loss suffered from the dozen or so times my ears have been assaulted by the dangerous volume levels thrown at me when someone calls. Jaguar- get your software people's head out of their keesters and get this fixed!!! It's an embarrassing flaw on a $68k vehicle, when you cannot use the bluetooth connectivity AT ALL for fear of permanent hearing damage and potential for an accident from being shocked by a loud sound... This flaw is also documented by others here: Ring tone and volume - Jaguar F-Pace Forums

·
F Pace Expert
2,547 Posts
I was spitting nails yesterday when I forgot to turn my Bluetooth off on my phone, and had an incoming call blast my fu&*ing head off my body. Seriously, this is an INSANE, negligent, and DANGEROUS flaw in the ICTP system that needs to get addressed before someone has an accident caused by this. I am not that far from contemplating a legal action for hearing loss suffered from the dozen or so times my ears have been assaulted by the dangerous volume levels thrown at me when someone calls. Jaguar- get your software people's head out of their keesters and get this fixed!!! It's an embarrassing flaw on a $68k vehicle, when you cannot use the bluetooth connectivity AT ALL for fear of permanent hearing damage and potential for an accident from being shocked by a loud sound... This flaw is also documented by others here: Ring tone and volume - Jaguar F-Pace Forums
Hey, did you see post I put about a Topix item to fix this? People have had it done already and it works.

See: http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/342545-post1.html

·
F Pace Expert
2,547 Posts
Hey Folks,

4) Mis-aligned hood

Keep an eye on that 3G and see if it's rock solid, if it is not make them replace telematics unit which handles all the communication. The spotty nav guidance is a weird one.

There's a known item for CD too, if it's in the shop, make them fix that too, if not for your use then for future owner's use, if CD'S still exist at that point (not to demean those attentive readers who love their CDs), I think I have the CD problem and am going to get fixed next time in the shop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, did you see post I put about a Topix item to fix this? People have had it done already and it works.

See: http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/342545-post1.html
Thx, VZX. No I didn't see it because I haven't been on the forum for the last few months... The dealer is performing their first update today, and they wanted to see if it works before scheduling mine...

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
245 Posts
My rear door on the driver side I noticed does not shut as easily as other doors.
I have the same issue! Have to push it harder to get it to shut properly. Kind of annoying. I'll try to remember to have my dealer look at it the next time I take it in, but I'm not going to make a special trip.

Kerry

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the same issue! Have to push it harder to get it to shut properly. Kind of annoying. I'll try to remember to have my dealer look at it the next time I take it in, but I'm not going to make a special trip.

Kerry
Same issue; same door. Dealer adjusted on the last service call.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Kerry
I have a service appointment(two weeks out) to fix the door and my hood misalignment. The two weeks will give me time to sort out any other issues I may have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m not sure what to expect next. After experiencing all F-Pace common problems my wife’s car has been towed yesterday to the dealer second time in the last few months. The first towing was due to leaking coolant and now even more dramatic experience with smoke coming out from under the hood. Apparently, one of the engine belts got damaged and it looked like some pieces got melted as well. Unbelievable experience with barely 6 months old car. Initially, I thought that if the software is the only issue then it is not a big deal, it can be fixed. It’s getting worse. Now I’m thinking of cutting this romance with Jaguar short.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my experience so far:

ICTP - lots of issues most of which have been described in previous posts. So far have been fixed by the latest update.

First serious issue - power steering went dead, took a week to diagnose and 2 more weeks to replace the steering column.
Second issue - 2 days after the steering column replacement, car started twitching while on cruise control or driving at constant speed. Short deceleration followed by acceleration, recurring every few seconds. Feels like engine cutting power, or most likely fuel pump issue. Seems to happen randomly, over 100km highway it could happen over the distance of 10km or so. Really annoying. getting it checked tomorrow.
Third issue - most likely connected to the second, but the car randomly shakes while stopped at traffic lights, feels like it is about to stall - most likely fuel pump issue.
Various other electrical issues - windows not working, car not locking or unlocking etc.
Rattling instrument cluster - fixed by double sided tape

This is happening on a 4 month old 3.0 diesel.

Friends 2,0 diesel is currently also at the dealer getting adblue pump replaced - no idea how but it is cracked and leaking, displaying some error which says "your car will not start after 800km".

Conclusion - will be returning 3 F-paces to the dealer and never in the near future am I willing to buy anything Jaguar related.

Since I am quite a regular at Jaguar service had a little chat with them, F-paces have massive issues and a lot of them are returning to the dealer on tow trucks...

·
F Pace Expert
2,547 Posts
my experience so far:

ICTP - lots of issues most of which have been described in previous posts. So far have been fixed by the latest update.

First serious issue - power steering went dead, took a week to diagnose and 2 more weeks to replace the steering column.
Second issue - 2 days after the steering column replacement, car started twitching while on cruise control or driving at constant speed. Short deceleration followed by acceleration, recurring every few seconds. Feels like engine cutting power, or most likely fuel pump issue. Seems to happen randomly, over 100km highway it could happen over the distance of 10km or so. Really annoying. getting it checked tomorrow.
Third issue - most likely connected to the second, but the car randomly shakes while stopped at traffic lights, feels like it is about to stall - most likely fuel pump issue.
Various other electrical issues - windows not working, car not locking or unlocking etc.
Rattling instrument cluster - fixed by double sided tape

This is happening on a 4 month old 3.0 diesel.

Friends 2,0 diesel is currently also at the dealer getting adblue pump replaced - no idea how but it is cracked and leaking, displaying some error which says "your car will not start after 800km".

Conclusion - will be returning 3 F-paces to the dealer and never in the near future am I willing to buy anything Jaguar related.

Since I am quite a regular at Jaguar service had a little chat with them, F-paces have massive issues and a lot of them are returning to the dealer on tow trucks...
Frankly, I'm suspect of this post, could you post a picture of your fpace in the shop to prove you are for real? Also, sorry to hear you are having issues. Perhaps they sent all the lemons to your country because even though there have been quite a few issues that have been addressed on here as well as individual idiosyncratic instances of major issues they are hardly coming back in droves on tow trucks.

As with all posts it helps to have context of country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Frankly, I'm suspect of this post, could you post a picture of your fpace in the shop to prove you are for real? Also, sorry to hear you are having issues. Perhaps they sent all the lemons to your country because even though there have been quite a few issues that have been addressed on here as well as individual idiosyncratic instances of major issues they are hardly coming back in droves on tow trucks.

As with all posts it helps to have context of country.
I've never been inside the service area, but here is a pic of it on the tow truck.

Dropping mine off at the dealer tomorrow to check as to why it is twitching... Out of 4 months ownership, 1 month I was driving with a replacement Volvo. Wonder how long they will keep the car this time....

The 2.0 has been at the dealer for a week and will spend at least another week until they fix it..

Apart from mine, 2 more F-paces came in on a tow truck, over the last few months. Keep in mind that there are very few of them sold over here, i would guess not more than 10 total.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 122 Posts