Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
304 Posts
I'm not sure how you make the leap to that conclusion. Unless you talk to those owners not present on the forum (not sure how) and confirm their experiences, you are mistaken and your conclusion erroneous. The majority of forum posters seek information on issues they are having and thereby skew the extent of said issues by making them appear more prevalent in the overall number of vehicles sold and on the road. Notwithstanding the enthusiast crowd, happy satisfied owner postings on forums are generally less prevalent.
While it's true that more people post on forums due to a negative experience vs .positive, it's is a well known fact that a very small percentage of people who own any product engage in associated online forums. Not leaping to any conclusions.
As you cannot confirm the experiences of the majority of F-Pace owners who do not subscribe to this forum - how do you know what issues they have?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also experienced the A/C humidity issue and went to the dealer with the service bulletin information in hand (thanks to this forum). They were initially skeptical when I first discussed the issue and thought I didn't know how the "auto" setting worked for the A/C. At that point I knew I needed to point them to the bulletin so I wouldn't hear the old "we couldn't recreate the issue" response. I have over 2k miles on my vehicle, but the A/C issue started from day one. It took them a full day to fix and test so I was without the car for two days.

Chris - not sure if you purchased in Lake Bluff or Palatine or Milwaukee, but my experience was in Palatine. Very small dealer so obtaining a loaner was a scheduling challenge, but they didn't push back and tried to help.

For the reported issues discussion I would also add I have not had any issues with the suspension noise and the only other problem was a "low brake oil" warning which was attributed to a loose wire.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My car was shipped 2nd week of July, so I think the build date was first week of July? I don't have the exact build date.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Quick update, three days in the service bay. Isolators replaced, A/C valve replaced, front diff pinion seal replaced, ICT updated. Pick it up tomorrow. . . . according to the remote ap, they put about 60 miles on it, said that that was to make sure the new seal held, but I see they did not fill the tank. Should I expect that?

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Quick update, three days in the service bay. Isolators replaced, A/C valve replaced, front diff pinion seal replaced, ICT updated. Pick it up tomorrow. . . . according to the remote ap, they put about 60 miles on it, said that that was to make sure the new seal held, but I see they did not fill the tank. Should I expect that?
No and yes. It would be a nice courtesy to just fill the tank up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my F-Pace in July and immediately had issues with the radio and display screen. The radio would just stop working then come back on two or three times a day, the display screen would just not come on at all even after pushing the power button. The dealer couldn't fix the issues, so they gave me another F-Pace, but still having the same issues plus this one has the creaky suspension as well.

Has anyone else had an issue with the radio and or display screen?
Yes,
We ordered ours in May and got it in July in Sacramento. We are having the exact same problems. Plus sometimes our backup camera comes on and stays on. However, love how the car handles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWJAGMAN,

Thanks. I am always leary of new first year vehicles, I like to wait until 2nd or 3rd model year. Issues ironed out & improvements made. But it does seem the F-Pace has had a rough launch with alot of issues. The ICTP infotainment problems especially. Honestly going to wait for the '18. I think the discounts are going to be pretty good next year as well.
Bought our 2020 Fpace in June. Already been back to the shop twice! (Currently waiting for yet another repair) shop around, many better options out there, this will be our last Jag! Too much money to spend taking it back constantly!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts