Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my F-Pace in July and immediately had issues with the radio and display screen. The radio would just stop working then come back on two or three times a day, the display screen would just not come on at all even after pushing the power button. The dealer couldn't fix the issues, so they gave me another F-Pace, but still having the same issues plus this one has the creaky suspension as well.

Has anyone else had an issue with the radio and or display screen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep! Welcome to the club. While listening to satellite radio, it will go silent at random times. The only way, short of stopping and shutting down the car and restarting, is to change the source to regular radio....you will get sound again...and switching back to satellite radio...it will work again.
I have had a black screen once in the beginning....hasn't done that again. But still LOTS and LOTS of issues with InControl that either don't work or work erratic.
Had the creaky suspension addressed two weeks ago with replacement of isolators....found it rather disturbing that service manager still warns me that this fix may not address the problem. Well, I am experiencing rear suspension bottoming out at high speed dips in the highway and two nights ago, while doing 25 mph and going over a speed hump...we hear a LOUD CLUNK...sort of like when a spring that is compressed releases ...coming from the rear of the car. Occasional small clunks as well. Not sure what to make out of this. I am about to just get rid of this half-baked car

·
Banned
311 Posts
Interested in a F-Pace, so going through the forum. As it seems the Sat radio issue is well know, and widespread - what is Jaguar doing to address this? Changing sources to get the sat signal back is certainly not a acceptable solution. Not acceptable from any car maker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mrjoed2 - don't be overwhelmed by these posts...I took delivery of my F-Pace in early June. Third one delivered in Ft Worth. I haven't had any problem...no squeaky rear end, no sat radio freeze ups, no black screens, just pure enjoyable driving! You'll love the vehicle!

·
Banned
311 Posts
Mrjoed2 - don't be overwhelmed by these posts...I took delivery of my F-Pace in early June. Third one delivered in Ft Worth. I haven't had any problem...no squeaky rear end, no sat radio freeze ups, no black screens, just pure enjoyable driving! You'll love the vehicle!
FWJAGMAN,

Thanks. I am always leary of new first year vehicles, I like to wait until 2nd or 3rd model year. Issues ironed out & improvements made. But it does seem the F-Pace has had a rough launch with alot of issues. The ICTP infotainment problems especially. Honestly going to wait for the '18. I think the discounts are going to be pretty good next year as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
FWJAGMAN,
...But it does seem the F-Pace has had a rough launch with alot of issues. The ICTP infotainment problems especially...
Other than on an F-Pace forum, where have you heard or read that??

·
Banned
311 Posts
Other than on an F-Pace forum, where have you heard or read that??
Nowhere except 2 F-Pace forums. But is still a valid concern. Look under the issue & problems section. Complaints of creaky suspensions, leaky transmissions, overheating/cooling problems, check engine lights. sat radio, A/C, and the infotainment systems. I understand much of this is a new model teething problems. So combined with the few current discounts I think it's best to wait until the '18 model.

And not picking on Jaguar, I did this with BMW & Infiniti. Both added features (especially BMW) and improved Infortainment (Infiniti) in their 2nd & 3rd years. Don't get me wrong, love the look/specs/pricing of the F-Pace that's why I'm digging into it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The reality of car forums, and in particular those focused on new models, is that most are filled with owners posting about the issues they are experiencing. So if one bases all of their research on them, then they too adopt skewed views about said problems. And then go on to form opinions like yours where you surmise that the initial launch is "rough with a lot of issues".

There are undoubtedly, many very happy owners out there, maybe having issues, and maybe not. Forums don't represent these owners well. And while I want issues addressed every bit as much as the next owner, technology challenges aside, the vehicle, for those focused on driving, not cell phone compatibility and advanced technology teething pains, is incredible. IMHO. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive got 1,500+ miles on mine. I've had no problems whatsoever with the incontrol touch pro system. We had a rear tailgate alignment issue which the dealer rectified. Overall I'm incredibly happy with the purchase, and needed a vehicle now. If I was in a position where I could wait for a couple of years, I'd wait til they update the model and iron out any teething issues.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The reality of car forums, and in particular those focused on new models, is that most are filled with owners posting about the issues they are experiencing. So if one bases all of their research on them, then they too adopt skewed views about said problems. And then go on to form opinions like yours where you surmise that the initial launch is "rough with a lot of issues".

There are undoubtedly, many very happy owners out there, maybe having issues, and maybe not. Forums don't represent these owners well. And while I want issues addressed every bit as much as the next owner, technology challenges aside, the vehicle, for those focused on driving, not cell phone compatibility and advanced technology teething pains, is incredible. IMHO. :)
Mic drop....

·
Banned
311 Posts

I would have to say that in general only a small % of car owners will post on a forum. Safe to say that's a fact.. So probably safe to assume many owners who are having issues with any new vehicle will never post about it.

And while I agree driving is the most important factor, I don't think it's fair to just dismiss the technology problems.
Should not all the systems in a high end luxury vehicle work as advertised? Especially the Pro Infotainment system, it controls alot of functions & you pay big bucks for it as well. Also some of the problems are not tech related. Surprising
Jaguar is having issues with basics like suspensions, A/C, cooling systems, ect.

I am the situation that bazeeem mentioned - he would have waited if her could . I can, my 4 Runner is very low mileage and running great. Going to get a 2018 & believe things will be resolved. And again sure the deals will be better as well next year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Great. So you have your mind made up. Sounds like a safe bet. You'll definitely have more information available to you by the time you place your order and the next model year refinements are put in place. That is always true with any vehicle with each successive model year. But it's hard to say if prices will be better or worse as deals may indeed be more likely, but base prices may drift upward.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Great. So you have your mind made up. Sounds like a safe bet. You'll definitely have more information available to you by the time you place your order and the next model year refinements are put in place. That is always true with any vehicle with each successive model year. But it's hard to say if prices will be better or worse as deals may indeed be more likely, but base prices may drift upward.
Yup next year. And the F-Pace is my first choice right now. Could be a small price increase with the next model year, but
right now there are no deals through USAA or Truecar, ect. That will change next year, and I believe the discounts vs this year will much better and end up being overall better pricing.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
Nowhere except 2 F-Pace forums. But is still a valid concern. Look under the issue & problems section. Complaints of creaky suspensions, leaky transmissions, overheating/cooling problems, check engine lights. sat radio, A/C, and the infotainment systems. I understand much of this is a new model teething problems. So combined with the few current discounts I think it's best to wait until the '18 model.

And not picking on Jaguar, I did this with BMW & Infiniti. Both added features (especially BMW) and improved Infortainment (Infiniti) in their 2nd & 3rd years. Don't get me wrong, love the look/specs/pricing of the F-Pace that's why I'm digging into it.
In reality there are two issues common to many owners, at least of early vehicles:
1) faulty rear spring isolator cups, possibly misaligned when installed. Many, but not all, have this eventually cause a squeaking noise. Dealers replacing as this occurs and in some cases, mine for instance, proactively. Problem solved. Likely no issues for future owners.
2) ICTP issues for many owners - but not all - common, but not exhaustive, list include satellite radio problems, 3G connectivity, an annoying navigation loop error, possible backup camera software, earlier installs freezing, CD player sticking. Many people have seen improvement with reinstall. Remaining issues, for those who have them, likely fixed in future software updates.

All covered by a five year warranty.

Other than that all of the other items you mentioned are isolated to one or two vehicle. You seem to be mistakenly conflating them into massive system model issues which they absolutely are not.

There's a consistent pattern of some folks jumping in here, having neither ordered or owned an F-Pace then running off in multiple messages like Chicken Little yelling "the F-Pace is falling" and "I'm not buying this until prices down." It isn't and maybe they will, maybe they won't. There are a couple of glitches that will be a thing of the past by the time anyone who orders today gets their vehicle.

This isn't to defend or excuse anything for or about JLR. It is to say many of us find this is a super fun, sexy, practical vehicle. If you can't afford one now or gas caps, and a few glitches scare you off then don't get one. You might also want to consult the equivalent of Topix for BMW or Porsche where you will find every model has a long list of glitches over time that impact some of their vehicles too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Our FPace S is now approaching 2000 miles. Other than the isolators being replaced, still zero engine, body or tech problems. The ICT (not Pro) has been flawless. If the bigger screen wasn't THAT important, I'd sure recommend getting the smaller screen and saving a ton of dough. The smaller screen is plenty.

Since I own an i3 too (and know it's limitations/problems), I can tell you that even though BMW had tons of experience with their prototype ActiveE program and pouring billions of dollars into the restructuring and advanced techniques to build it, They still had lots and lots of issues on release. I accept the fact that it's a new model and there's so much tech that it's just gonna take some time to iron things out. The thing that's hard to believe is all the prototypes that these manufacturers have, and all this testing in all these countries and there's still all these problems.

·
Banned
311 Posts
In reality there are two issues common to many owners, at least of early vehicles:
1) faulty rear spring isolator cups, possibly misaligned when installed. Many, but not all, have this eventually cause a squeaking noise. Dealers replacing as this occurs and in some cases, mine for instance, proactively. Problem solved. Likely no issues for future owners.
2) ICTP issues for many owners - but not all - common, but not exhaustive, list include satellite radio problems, 3G connectivity, an annoying navigation loop error, possible backup camera software, earlier installs freezing, CD player sticking. Many people have seen improvement with reinstall. Remaining issues, for those who have them, likely fixed in future software updates.

All covered by a five year warranty.

Other than that all of the other items you mentioned are isolated to one or two vehicle. You seem to be mistakenly conflating them into massive system model issues which they absolutely are not.

There's a consistent pattern of some folks jumping in here, having neither ordered or owned an F-Pace then running off in multiple messages like Chicken Little yelling "the F-Pace is falling" and "I'm not buying this until prices down." It isn't and maybe they will, maybe they won't. There are a couple of glitches that will be a thing of the past by the time anyone who orders today gets their vehicle.

This isn't to defend or excuse anything for or about JLR. It is to say many of us find this is a super fun, sexy, practical vehicle. If you can't afford one now or gas caps, and a few glitches scare you off then don't get one. You might also want to consult the equivalent of Topix for BMW or Porsche where you will find every model has a long list of glitches over time that impact some of their vehicles too.
Appreciate your insight. I certainly have not run around saying the F-Pace is failing.As I mentioned in a previous post, interested in the FP & researching it. Reviews & forums. I can afford one, not sure why you mention that - did a European delivery on a $97,500 BMW last year. And you mention gas caps - I assume from the discussion that the PF does not have a locking gas door - one of the few vehicles sold in USA without this basic feature, which I maintain is ridiculous. Why should I have to install & have a extra key for something every other brand has? and the FP apparently has this feature in other markets, so I have to assume it's a cost cutting measure. So turn it around - why can't JLR afford to throw it in on a roughly $50,000 car? What could it cost $20?

Also from by viewing, more than "one or two" vehicles have reported the A/C, cooling system, suspension bottoming,check engine light issues. I understand these will be handled under warranty, but let's not downplay them any more than talk of exaggeration..And I think the electronic issues are ongoing, again likely resolved in next model year. I have another consideration as well. Closest Jag dealer is 75 miles away. So wish to minimize service visits. Going from experience that 2nd year of any new model has less issues- again not picking on Jaguar. And as far as pricing. many posts of dealers looking for MSRP, above or close to it. It's a brand new design.
Common sense tells me that the deals & discounts will certainly be better next year. I'm in no rush, better served on all levels getting a 2018.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
please cite some issues - and posts - where there have been more than two vehicles experiencing the problem other than ICTP glitches and isolators? I suppose mirror dip might be one but there's a software update out for that which would be streamed into any new vehicles produced or delivered. by all means wait to 2018 and I hope you get your locking gas cap, it is a weird thing to leave off.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
...and have to say 3G connection flakiness would be a common unsolved problem

·
Banned
311 Posts
please cite some issues - and posts - where there have been more than two vehicles experiencing the problem other than ICTP glitches and isolators? I suppose mirror dip might be one but there's a software update out for that which would be streamed into any new vehicles produced or delivered. by all means wait to 2018 and I hope you get your locking gas cap, it is a weird thing to leave off.

Ok, the issues & associated posts are right here in the Issues/Problems section. Several that come to mind experienced by a number of owners:

A/C not working properly or not maintaining temp - Saw TSB JTB00380NAS3 - Inadequate A/C Performance
Check engine light - quite a few. Some says wiring issue. Some gas cap.
Rear suspension bottoming out. Read of several of these yesterday
Creaking/rattles behind dash. Quite a few .
Cooling system - number of posts about overheating, bad radiator caps. Not sure extent of issue or just early builds.

And not sure if they will add the locking gas door next year - hopefully they will with owner feedback.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts