Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems, and naturally so, that we have a lot of posts in the forum about problems people are experiencing with their F-Pace. So I did a little look around the internet at other Forums(Porsche Macan, Lexus RX 350, Mercedes GLC 300, and BMW X5) to see if they have similar posts. This is just a sample of what I found.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present/805613-new-2016-rx350-serious-problems.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present/807592-2016-rx-350-excessive-noise-and-vibration.html

My 2016 Macan problems...anyone else? - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Known issues list - Porsche Macan Forum

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/632058-2016-glc300-frustrating-purchase-experience-build-quality-equipment-issues.html

GLC Issues & Problems - Mercedes GLC Forum

Post Your F15 Issues Here..........

It's interesting because many of them sound exactly like the posts we have here and in the case of the RX350 this is a vehicle that has been in production for many years. So, I just wanted to put some perspective on it all. It's not just F-Pace's that have problems, other manufacturers also have similar problems. We just have to keep in mind that this is the first SUV for Jaguar and the first year of production on top of it. Its unfortunate for those who are experiencing the issues but it happens to all car manufacturers. Jaguar seems to be pretty responsive overall to the problems popping up and seem to be making steps forward to correct. I know my build was November of 2017 and I haven't experienced many of the issues early adopters experienced. I have seen some quirkiness but I still think overall the quality and performance is on par or above any of the other models above which I looked at before I purchased the F-Pace. So I think the forum is a great place for sharing information and experiences, and I can say myself I have learned a lot, but when it comes to a decision on what vehicle to buy you have to take the highs with the lows. Some people are going to absolutely love it, others are going to be down on it, and the vast majority are going to be just generally happy with it(like me:)). So, do your internet along with on-hand research and use the forum to answer questions that you may not get from other sources but don't make your buying decision based on a few posts negative or positive about problems or lack of problems people are experiencing with their F-Pace. IMO. :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Agreed...I've learned a lot in the last 2 months, and even though there is a little back and forth, it's mostly good natured, and I am a much more educated consumer when I step forth in that dealership to bring it home, and I already know quite a few things to look for right out of the box. Ready for it to get here !

Reactions: MTHM and DPK

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
So it seems, and naturally so, that we have a lot of posts in the forum about problems people are experiencing with their F-Pace. So I did a little look around the internet at other Forums(Porsche Macan, Lexus RX 350, Mercedes GLC 300, and BMW X5) to see if they have similar posts. This is just a sample of what I found.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present/805613-new-2016-rx350-serious-problems.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present/807592-2016-rx-350-excessive-noise-and-vibration.html

My 2016 Macan problems...anyone else? - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Known issues list - Porsche Macan Forum

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/632058-2016-glc300-frustrating-purchase-experience-build-quality-equipment-issues.html

GLC Issues & Problems - Mercedes GLC Forum

Post Your F15 Issues Here..........

It's interesting because many of them sound exactly like the posts we have here and in the case of the RX350 this is a vehicle that has been in production for many years. So, I just wanted to put some perspective on it all. It's not just F-Pace's that have problems, other manufacturers also have similar problems. We just have to keep in mind that this is the first SUV for Jaguar and the first year of production on top of it. Its unfortunate for those who are experiencing the issues but it happens to all car manufacturers. Jaguar seems to be pretty responsive overall to the problems popping up and seem to be making steps forward to correct. I know my build was November of 2017 and I haven't experienced many of the issues early adopters experienced. I have seen some quirkiness but I still think overall the quality and performance is on par or above any of the other models above which I looked at before I purchased the F-Pace. So I think the forum is a great place for sharing information and experiences, and I can say myself I have learned a lot, but when it comes to a decision on what vehicle to buy you have to take the highs with the lows. Some people are going to absolutely love it, others are going to be down on it, and the vast majority are going to be just generally happy with it(like me:)). So, do your internet along with on-hand research and use the forum to answer questions that you may not get from other sources but don't make your buying decision based on a few posts negative or positive about problems or lack of problems people are experiencing with their F-Pace. IMO. :)
Great thread! I think people forget to do their research because they are so enamored with the F-pace that they don't think of looking for problems that other vehicles have, I no I didn't but this made it very easy. Just like with people reporting issues on this forum we have to remember that most of these issues aren't widespread, and that goes for every car that you mentioned, not just the F-pace.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My friend bought a Acura MDX, it had so many problems, that the dealer swapped it out for another one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to share your findings @baherrick. Everyone has different priorities in terms of balancing the pros with the cons, and one person's standard for what qualifies as a minor issue may differ from someone else. All I can say is that the past 15K miles have been extraordinary for me and the good outweighs the bad to the point that I don't even remember what issues I initially experienced. I realize that this honeymoon phase won't last forever, but it will be very difficult to replicate with another car (unless it ends with SVR).

Reactions: DPK and baherrick

·
Banned
304 Posts
Very useful info. I do believe however that there can be no doubt that the Lexus RX is the most reliable, trouble free model in the segment. And Lexus as a brand has been the most reliable, with the lowest number of defects for like 11 years straight- top of the JD Power charts. If the current RX did not look so bizarre & had a more potent engine, I would definitely consider it..

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Well as long as everyone else has problems, I guess it's acceptable to settle for "as good as".

/sarcasm

·
Registered
166 Posts
And Lexus as a brand has been the most reliable, with the lowest number of defects for like 11 years straight- top of the JD Power charts.
The number of Lexus recalls may be lower than average, but when they involve airbag and brake/gas pedal issues, I'd take the squeaky isolators and ICTP reboots any day.

Reactions: VZX-CO and GRVR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as long as everyone else has problems, I guess it's acceptable to settle for "as good as".

/sarcasm
I don't think it is about settling for "as good as" its about not making vehicle purchase decisions based on negative or positive posts on forums but rather to do research in all areas to make a more rounded decision.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very useful info. I do believe however that there can be no doubt that the Lexus RX is the most reliable, trouble free model in the segment. And Lexus as a brand has been the most reliable, with the lowest number of defects for like 11 years straight- top of the JD Power charts. If the current RX did not look so bizarre & had a more potent engine, I would definitely consider it..
Just wanted to point out they still experience similar issues as those posted on our forum.

·
Banned
304 Posts
The number of Lexus recalls may be lower than average, but when they involve airbag and brake/gas pedal issues, I'd take the squeaky isolators and ICTP reboots any day.

Overall quality & reliability as defined by JD Power & other surveys is not just about recalls. It is about problems & issues experienced. No one can argue that Lexus has not been the most dependable brand for many years running, Also there is no comparison when it comes to resale value, Lexus beats Jag hands down.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Just wanted to point out they still experience similar issues as those posted on our forum.
Lexus vehicles have less overall problems than other brands, including Jaguar. Simply a fact.

·
F Pace Expert
2,555 Posts
Would be curious to know from moderators the number of active users on this forum. Also, and I don't have the energy to do it, curious as to the number of individuals on here with severe recurring F Pace problems. Both measured against the more than 17,000 F Paces sold so far in North America would like be tiny tiny percentage.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Would be curious to know from moderators the number of active users on this forum. Also, and I don't have the energy to do it, curious as to the number of individuals on here with severe recurring F Pace problems. Both measured against the more than 17,000 F Paces sold so far in North America would like be tiny tiny percentage.
Only problem with that methodology is the vast majority of those 17,000 FPace owners are not part of this forum, so no way to know what problems they have experienced. This would go for any auto forum.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lexus vehicles have less overall problems than other brands, including Jaguar. Simply a fact.
That wasn't my point. My point is that they still experience similar issues as we see in our forum so don't make decisions on just a few good or bad posts.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Would be curious to know from moderators the number of active users on this forum.
I believe that a majority of non-active members are composed of people who posted a negative experience to vent and never posted again. This ends up making it seem like isolated issues are more rampant than they actually are, because other owners ("lurkers") are not registering/posting since they are enjoying their ride and dont feel the need to contribute. Until my theory is proven wrong, I will continue with this assumption.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I believe that a majority of non-active members are composed of people who posted a negative experience to vent and never posted again. This ends up making it seem like isolated issues are more rampant than they actually are, because other owners ("lurkers") are not registering/posting since they are enjoying their ride and dont feel the need to contribute. Until my theory is proven wrong, I will continue with this assumption.
Completely agree. People who are just generally happy don't necessarily have anything specific to share so they aren't as likely to post compared to someone who has a complaint to voice. It also seems that many complaints are not really problems, but simply a feature the owner doesn't like. Most of the true problems such as the ICTP issues seem to have been addressed, but things like the small gas tank, small center console, gap between cargo cover and back seat, etc., are by design. They are personal dislikes more than problems with the car, but add to the number of complaints and perceived problems.

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
I have two Lexus and other than the voice recognition not recognizing what I'm saying every once in a while no problems here. The Mrs has had 7 or 8 Lexus over the years and for the most part they have been flawless. Luck maybe, reliable yes.

It is correct to assume that a very small portion of the F Pace community belong to this forum. My guess is they are not car people and rely on a dealer to take care of problems and not look to the internet for answers or discuss publicly their issues.

Sometimes it's hard to believe what you read on the internet.:eek:>:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts