Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess my other thread got locked as it won't allow me to reply to it anymore...

Anyways just wanted to bitch that BOTH of my local dealers (West Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale) refuse to sell me oil unless I get my car serviced there for $277 per labor hour. Pretty awesome. Are the liquimoly and motul oils the only ones that meet the spec? The guy at Ft Lauderdale actually told me to just use Castrol fully synthetic from the store, or Mobil 1 if I couldn't get the castrol:rolleyes:

· Registered
104 Posts
I’ve switched to LiquidMolly. But I change the oil every 5,000 miles.

· Registered
21 Posts
So you can't go to the parts counter and buy the oil?

That's not right.

I had no problem at my local Jag dealer to pick up the oil from the parts counter.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
www.blauparts.com

You can order the whole kit from them. Not the cheapest, but not overpriced either. My dealer sells it to me actually quite inexpensively, so I stick with him, but some of them can be pricks and refuse you. There are other choices out there. Keep looking...

Also , if it doesn't have the jag spec on it .... Don't use it. Period.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately that is 0w20, they do not have a 5w20 which is what my dealer has been using since the vehicle was new (S FL warm climate). Both of my local dealers are scumbags, say they only have it in barrels, refuse to order me quarts or the 5 quart bottles and the one in Lauderdale just told me to use Mobil 1 or the regular fully synthetic castrol. The JLR spec is specifically for a 0w20 oil I believe, so who knows what they have been putting in my car since it was new.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I’m in FL, one of my vehicles uses 0w-20, does fine and I don’t think a thing about it. How could you get in trouble using what it calls for…?

Reactions: ROBTR8

· Registered
25 Posts
Here's where I get the exclusive/recommended oil for my wife's 35T...

Atlantic British (www.roverparts.com)

I saw them recommended somewhere, maybe here or on another Jag forum. I bought 14 quarts from them a few months back and the package arrived within 48 hours. Reasonable price for the Castrol Edge Professional. I just navigated the site by vehicle type (entered same year as Jag and selected Rover vehicle with same 3.0L SC engine as our 2017 35T). BTW, for anyone that is contemplating doing an oil change on their F-Pace, and speaking specifically of the 35T which is the only variety I have any experience with, it is the easiest DIY oil change you will ever do. The extraction tube at the oil fill is of large enough diameter that it only takes 3-4 minutes with the inexpensive oil extractor I picked up at Harbor Freight to remove the oil. No need for ramps or a lift. I also use a basic rubber strap wrench to get the filter loose.

· Registered
16 Posts
I guess my other thread got locked as it won't allow me to reply to it anymore...

Anyways just wanted to bitch that BOTH of my local dealers (West Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale) refuse to sell me oil unless I get my car serviced there for $277 per labor hour. Pretty awesome. Are the liquimoly and motul oils the only ones that meet the spec? The guy at Ft Lauderdale actually told me to just use Castrol fully synthetic from the store, or Mobil 1 if I couldn't get the castrol:rolleyes:
I mean if your not under warranty, then replace away use better than Mobil one, will be fine.

· Registered
13 Posts
Do you have any experience with the South Orlando Dealer? I have taken my 2021 SVR there for the included service since it is where I purchased it. So far it has been fine, but at no cost, I do not know what the costs will be after these included services run out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts