Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Atacama F-Pace SVR
58 Posts
I should say that I did get my 2017 F-Pace Aligned after lowering it. I think if you are careful and take some measurements Undymm is probably right you can get away with out an Alignment, but I wanted to be safe so I had it done. The front is the only thing you can't get back completely to stock alignment specs.
I had a quick look at the front suspension of my buddy's F-Pace and it appears there is no adjustment for camber? I would assume it would need aftermarket eccentric bolt(s) or maybe Jaguar produces them(?).

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes to get it 100% back to spec, you would need a camber adapter. There is nothing out there that I found, but I can say with 40000 miles on the setup on my 2017, I never had an issue with tire wear on the front.

·
Registered
2021 Atacama F-Pace SVR
58 Posts
Anybody heard of yellowspeed coilovers for the f pace? Looks like another option other than the kw’s

On track days, I see all sorts of low-end 'no name' suspension goodies on smaller (Honda's, etc.) vehicles. Most of this stuff is repackaged / re-valved units manufactured in Asia (Malaysian?); mostly sold in Europe. Can't really speak to this variant without research.

With that said, I purchased a set of no-names for a M6 several years back. Lowered the car beautifully and it handled decent on the track. The only problem I had was switching the suspension settings from full on track, to street, to autocross (rinse / repeat). Some of the higher end units have more adjustments and make this process a little easier, but if your just looking to lower the vehicle, this a moot point.

As for the F-Pace, I would ask if they are tuned for the heft of the f-pace (valving, not just springs).

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm not following "yellow speed lowering kit for the F-Pace". is that a brand? Or are you talking the KWs which are Yellow I believe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yellow speed racing is a company that offers 0 to 3 inch lowering coilover suspension I'd like to know if anyone has used or heard anything about them and their product

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Not that I've hear being out here for the last 4 years. People have used KWs that are adjustable like Coil Overs, but they aren't really coil overs. So far I haven't heard of someone using the Yellow Speed Racing Brand on an F-Pace. I'll have to look them up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for your responses I would greatly appreciate any info n or feedback on the yellow speed racing lowering kit for I've reached the suspension part of my mods for my f pace I've done many other mods with the help of the information from the people from the forum that brings me much happiness with my jaguar

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have learned the yellow speed racing 3 inch lowering kit dose not retain the functionality of the electronic dampening module is the extra 2 inches worth sacrificing this feature? My past experiences with my lowered vehicles gave a hard ride so next I would like to look into adjustable air suspension if anyone has any knowledge or experience with such I'd greatly appreciate any info

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 73040
Today installed H&R, 28730-1. The drop is the same in front/rear. The difference is the H&R 28730-1 and 28730-2 in my opinion. I was driving only 3 kilometers from garage to my ambulance, so ride quality will check later. The drop in my case is exactly 3 centimeters on all 4 wheels.
Are you saying there are 2 kits 287301 and 287302 are 2 different kits with 2 different results

·
Registered
12 Posts
My F-Pace is lower via H&R Springs

Hi all, I wanted to get some input out to you guys if any of you are looking to lower your F-Paces. I realize this is a fringe upgrade that probably will only be done by those of us who really want a slightly lowered look and to perhaps get a slightly different ride and better handling.

My goals with lowering were that I wanted to trim the ride height quite a bit in the back since I think the stock look of the F-Pace has the back jacked up a little bit. This also got a little worse when they installed the new isolators as when that was done my F-Pace gained about a half inch in height at the rear.

I also wanted to go with progressive springs to soften up that first inch or so of spring movement to take the initial harshness away from the F-Paces ride.

Additionally, I wanted to get rid of a bit of the bounciness that the F-Pace exhibits in the corners on undulating road surfaces when you get aggressive with driving.

I looked at options for doing a spring replacement, lowering springs, or full coil over replacements, etc. and I settled on going with H&R's progressive rate lowering springs. These were not overly expensive at $350, but the install is a bit of an effort, so if you don't have the ability to get them installed at a discount or by yourself, my guess is you could pay close to $800 to get this fully installed with the cost of the springs. In my case, my son and I did the install at his shop so almost a Zero install cost.

As for the install. The Front install, which I thought would be the hardest part, was pretty much straight forward. It was the rear due to the multipoint rear suspension design that was the hard part. Overall the install took us about 2 to 3 hours. As a side note, I did go with what the Topix directions suggested and I replaced any bolt or nut that was recommended to be replaced. Doing that ended up costing another $250, and I really think that is probably overkill. I've talked to several folks on that point and the bolts and nuts are aluminum and therefore once torqued tend to loose some holding, at least that is what I've been told, but others also said that is crap. So I went the safe route, but you guys could skip that if you feel so and save some money there.

I have my stock springs and I was absolutely set to reinstall them if I wasn't happy with the ride. So the result is...

The H&R springs achieved all of my goals almost spot on. The only thing I'm somewhat disappointed with at this point is that where the rear settled is a bit lower than what they said it would be. The rear came down almost 2 inches and the front a little over 1 inch. It was supposed to be an 1.2 inch drop all around. I'm ok with the ride height in the rear for day to day driving, I'm not hitting at all when driving, even with my oversized tires. However, I am somewhat concerned how the car will handle towing my boat. I have not tried that yet. More to come on that.

The ride is exactly what I wanted. Ride over light bumps is softer, kind of like going from 45lbs to 35 lbs in the tires all over again. So I find the ride more compliant over the little stuff, but it gets progressively stiffer as the bumps get bigger. That initial inch of progressive compliance though softens up even the bigger bumps inside the cabin. I found the cabin is much quieter due to this. The handling is markedly better in the corners as the car stays planted better, but still soaks up the bumps it needs to soak up in the right way and there is absolutely no bounciness anymore.

The other thing I noticed is that the suspension adjustments for Normal and Dynamic are stretched further apart now. Normal isn't as bouncy, and is more comfortable and much better normal setting to me. Dynamic is just that, a lot more dynamic and you get stronger handling over normal with the H&R springs than you did with stock springs. You more clearly noticed the stiffened suspension when jumping to Dynamic.

So how does it look? Pics below. You should be able to tell the lowered car, from the non-lowered car pretty easily. I think this is a look that some will like others, not so much. I think the lowered car does look better to me, therefore with the handling and ride improvements I've seen, I'm going to keep the coils on the car.
Greetings your jag looks great I also have the c blue would you be able to give me the list of bolts that you replaced so I can order them threw jag so I can do my suspension swap

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
BigLuv,

The bolts are all the ones that you remove in the directions for the Springs in the back and the springs around the strut at the front. They aren't cheap, but Jag suggest that they be replaced if you read the directions. I think they are suggesting that due to the bolts being aluminum. The directions for the front and rear spring replacement, I downloaded at some point from Topix but I can't seem to find them. I thought someone had some of that documents stored on the site here somewhere. Might be worth searching. Minimally, you can sign up for a day pass to Topix, might cost you $25, and you can then access all the directions to change the springs directly. That is what I did. I'll keep looking for the download of those directions this afternoon and if I find them I'll post them here.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts