Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good vid of F-Pace eating up the snow in Colorado on All-Season tires. The only surprise if to see a F-Pace with only 247HP cost 63K? Holy Smokes! That's crazy. Why not just go all the way to a 380HP S? What is that an extra 4-5K? No way would I pay even 50K for only 247 HP.:confused:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah, because it was an R-Sport. You would have thought that Jaguar would have limited the engine option to the 296hp turbo 4 at least.

·
F Pace Expert
2,606 Posts
Umm, that was mostly slush driving. The narrator was being way over dramatic. Note the wet only pavement in most places. Looked like the cars “off the road all around me” were mostly cars pulled over. I would barely put mine in “slippery road mode” for those conditions ;)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, because it was an R-Sport. You would have thought that Jaguar would have limited the engine option to the 296hp turbo 4 at least.
63K for 247HP? That is a total rip-off. For that kind of money, you should at least get an F-Pace with 340HP.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That's a melting "Heading for spring" day for us. A real test would be on stop sign black Ice after freezing rain.( Just had that last week...) or after a week of -5 to 15 deg temps ( Had that 1st 2.5 weeks in Jan...) and its about an inch thick on ALL roads. It isn't deep snow that causes chaos most of the time.....Unless you are in the Lake Erie Lake effect areas or High mountain snows.....
Also those Michelin tires are about 2 notches above a P Zero for winter driving. ( I have them....) It doesn't matter what drive system you have when you have almost slicks trying to stop or propel you. We've had some reasonably nasty winter here so far and I haven't basically spun a tire on the Fpace with Blizzaks.....

Check this video out, this was all w/in a 2 hr stretch here last week....

Black ice turns Bypass into a mess and causes dozens of crashes throughout the area | WSBT

·
Registered
406 Posts
A Mercedes E300 with a 4 cylinder engine can cost up to $80,000. The engine size does not always dictate the price. As far as the F Pace in the snow with the Good Year all season tires, it is average at best, I think a better set of all season tires can greatly improve the F Pace's ability in the snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Denver and we're currently getting hit with a bunch of snow. Have a 2019 F Pace S with everything, do you feel comfortable in very slick snowy conditions by just putting it in the snow mode? Do you also have winter tires? We got the car last winter but have other cars better built for the snow so this will be the first winter trying it in the snow. Trying to decide to drive this, the AWD S class, or the 2005 Escalade on snow tires but outdated tech.

Thanks!

Umm, that was mostly slush driving. The narrator was being way over dramatic. Note the wet only pavement in most places. Looked like the cars “off the road all around me” were mostly cars pulled over. I would barely put mine in “slippery road mode” for those conditions ;)

·
F Pace Expert
2,606 Posts
My winter tire has been Pirelli Scorpions and feel pretty confident in most conditions with slippery mode on. However do miss studded snows on my old 4Runner. I’m trying to hold off on putting snow tires on yet because i have a road trip to California upcoming and don’t want to hit mybrand new set of Scorpions with a 2,000 mile round trip on warming pavement. I would not drive on I70 in winter without snows. We also have a new level of legal requirement in Colorado this winter; in worst conditions state now requires traction devices on tires even on 4WD vehicles. In today’s weather i’d be driving that escalade with snows.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
My experience has been similar to VZX with the F-Pace in the snow. I've used Pirelli Scorpions on my first F-Pace for all winters I had it. I had no issues running in on snow covered streets or even off-road in the snow the few times I did that with those tires and snow mode. I would not run in snow mode if I saw pavement on the roads however. I usually just kept it in normal when I could see pavement and snow mode when the roads were completely covered with the white stuff.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I live in Denver and we're currently getting hit with a bunch of snow. Have a 2019 F Pace S with everything, do you feel comfortable in very slick snowy conditions by just putting it in the snow mode? Do you also have winter tires? We got the car last winter but have other cars better built for the snow so this will be the first winter trying it in the snow. Trying to decide to drive this, the AWD S class, or the 2005 Escalade on snow tires but outdated tech.

Thanks!
With the fragile aluminum body of this vehicle and the inability to get it repaired "Just anywhere".. There is no way I'd run this vehicle in icy/snowy conditions with out winter tires and rims... Just one fender bender or accident would well pay for that 2nd set of rims/tires... 1st thing I bought for it 2 winters ago....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I should be clear, I had the Pirelli Scorpion Winters. Not the All Season Scorpions. I've also used Blizzaks on my other cars with similar success. I think as long as you have a winter spec tire from a reputable brand you should be fine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was driving around this morning in today's snow storm using the original all season that came on my 17 F-Pace S with no issues.

I put it on snow mode and just drove cautiously. The AS are starting to be on their last leg. Good thing I am looking to replace it :)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I was driving around this morning in today's snow storm using the original all season that came on my 17 F-Pace S with no issues.

I put it on snow mode and just drove cautiously. The AS are starting to be on their last leg. Good thing I am looking to replace it :)
I agree for a light snow and in most places where they clear the roads pretty quickly, a good all season with decent tread and the F-paces AWD system will work well in the snow. However, if it is a hard pack, deep snow, or off road snow, fully spec snow tires are the best thing to have.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree for a light snow and in most places where they clear the roads pretty quickly, a good all season with decent tread and the F-paces AWD system will work well in the snow. However, if it is a hard pack, deep snow, or off road snow, fully spec snow tires are the best thing to have.
no question! We have a set of winter blizarks for my wife's QX60 and when I make the jump to my new F-Pace I will pick up both a set of winters and summers :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I also jumped down from the stock 20's to 18" tires and rims for the winter. No one really cares then....Rides better and both winter tires and rims were much cheaper, FYI....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts