Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did those who placed custom orders for their F-Pace have to pay a deposit and was it refundable or non-refundable? I am trying to place an order but the dealer is asking for a refundable deposit of $1,000. I would prefer not to pay a deposit.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
$500 refundable or applied to the price. Ordered on-line, however, through Jaguar USA. Not sure how the dealer method works.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
255 Posts
I paid $1000 to order mine in Virginia. Will probably put more down when it arrives in March and finance the rest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
$500 to my dealer, refundable. They believe that they can sell whatever you would order pretty easily if you change your mind. You should confirm that your dealer is following that same practice though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
$500 refundable down just to make sure my dealer does not sell my car to someone else who may offer him MSRP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ordered October 31, $2K...dealer said non-refundable (unless I die). That's a quote.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did those who placed custom orders for their F-Pace have to pay a deposit and was it refundable or non-refundable? I am trying to place an order but the dealer is asking for a refundable deposit of $1,000. I would prefer not to pay a deposit.
I guess we don't understand your concern. According to your post the deposit is REFUNDABLE so if you change your mind, you get your cash back. It's not like they are asking for $5K non-refundable or something. Heck, you can't even make $50 interest on a $1K investment over 6 months so it's not like you would be giving up much in alternate income from it. Nothing personal but if you can't afford giving them $1K for a few months, you should probably not be buying a F-Pace.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The dealer "required" a $5,000 deposit. I told him no way. We then agreed on $2,500 (still ridiculous in my book), and he claimed they would not be able to proceed with a deposit of less than that. I made them write on the order sheet that the deposit was fully-refundable in any and all events whatsoever and the manager signed and dated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine was "non refundable" because it was a custom build. Whatever...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine was "non refundable" because it was a custom build. Whatever...
I don't understand the "custom order" comment from the dealer. You pick a model and add packages or options from the manufacurer's list. There are no custom paint choices (I tried) or any add ons to make it a "custom" order. Sounds to me like the dealer is abusing this to get a larger deposit. They have no problem selling cars in stock at this time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess we don't understand your concern. According to your post the deposit is REFUNDABLE so if you change your mind, you get your cash back. It's not like they are asking for $5K non-refundable or something. Heck, you can't even make $50 interest on a $1K investment over 6 months so it's not like you would be giving up much in alternate income from it. Nothing personal but if you can't afford giving them $1K for a few months, you should probably not be buying a F-Pace.
Wow! Not really sure who the "we" are but everyone else gave me an answer I was hoping for. Didn't really need a reply from you because you didn't answer my question. I was just trying to find out if other people had put down deposits. Wasn't sure if it was the norm and by the way it was kind of personal!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't understand the "custom order" comment from the dealer. You pick a model and add packages or options from the manufacurer's list. There are no custom paint choices (I tried) or any add ons to make it a "custom" order. Sounds to me like the dealer is abusing this to get a larger deposit. They have no problem selling cars in stock at this time.
True--October 31, they had one demo to drive-no F Paces in stock as of that date.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The dealer has placed orders for F-Paces for their normal allotment. What they order is what they believe will sell best. They do not add a customers order to their order allotment. For instance they have 10 FP's on order. Joey bag of donuts comes in and wants an FP a particular way. The dealer has to take one of the 10 that they have ordered and change it. It's especially tight now as most dealers have already or are close to running out of their 2017 allotments. That is what makes it a custom order.

I believe April is the last month to order the 17 model. I think we will be able to start ordering 18 models by the end of February or early March with a July or August delivery date.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid $2500 down (C$). Put it on my Visa. It just reduced the balance I had to pay when it came in so that didn't bother me. The amount you lose if it were in the bank a few months isn't worth even considering.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts