Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to get the black hard plastic to stay clean. I think I have tired most of the standard cleaning products. Am I the only one who has had a difficult time keeping the ahrd plastic around the doors looking clean? Any ideas? :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
For both the interior and exterior, I polished it (light polish) and then coated it with a ceramic coating. Best I can come up with and seems to be holding up OK. Only other option I can think of is a clear wrap.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Wrap it after having it buffed. Looks great, no swirls, dirt falls off in car wash.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Are you talking about the matte unpainted plastic or the glossy black trim pieces?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've done it to the gloss - both interior and exterior. The exterior matte seems to clean up OK. The exterior gloss scratches up like crazy (did on my Evoque as well). Warp is probably the best long term solution.

Was thinking of taking a shot at it my self, Amazon has some small 3M kits that have enough material.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've done it to the gloss - both interior and exterior. The exterior matte seems to clean up OK. The exterior gloss scratches up like crazy (did on my Evoque as well). Warp is probably the best long term solution.

Was thinking of taking a shot at it my self, Amazon has some small 3M kits that have enough material.
I want to wrap the piano black panel around the shifter puck with carbon. Do you happen to know if it easy to remove?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Never tried it, but the kits on Amazon aren't too much money, so will probable give it a try. Wouldn't think it would be difficult to remove. Will probably try the pillars first since they seem to be my biggest problem area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
303 Aerospace

Try 303 Aerospace Protectant. Works great on plastic, vinyl, tires and more. Of course YMMV.

Reactions: DJJ

·
Registered
575 Posts
I second the 303 Aerospace Protectant...best stuff out there. It works like a charm on the hideously large amount of black cladding on my Volvo XC70, so doing small areas in the F-Pace should be no problem.

I've wrapped the entire dash in my Volvo with "brushed black metallic", at least everything that was walnut-ish. It's not hard to do. Go with 3M (as suggested), as quality of vinyl matters...get a heat gun (on low) or blow-dryer and a nice sharp exacto knife...easy peasy. It is definitely easier to do it with the trim pieces out of the car, as you need to fold the vinyl over the edges of the piece in order to avoid peeling and to give it the cleanest look possible. Plus it's easier to manipulate the trim on a table then to contort yourself in the car. You can clean the 3M wrap with any interior cleaning product and it won't damage it, and mines been on the car for almost 3 years with no problems.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Try 303 Aerospace Protectant. Works great on plastic, vinyl, tires and more. Of course YMMV.
Ditto this..I just did all the plastic/vinyl and rubber inside and out on mine yesterday..Including under the hood....I go through about a gallon of this a year.

Reactions: DJJ
1 - 10 of 10 Posts