Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I have a F Pace on hold with a deposit here in Vancouver Canada. The base gas 35t premium model, for a great lease price of about $660 Canadian after taxes with $5,000 down. The thing is for a car that's around $60,000 Canadian after taxes it doesn't even come with features such as heated seats and other features that are standard on other SUVs. That seems like a lot of money on a SUV that really comes very not very well equipped with the base model.

The RX 350 I can get for $560 a month and the base version comes with things like heated seats and steering wheel, air conditioned ventilated seats and all the extra safety features that were only available on the luxury model in 2016 that are now standard features on the base model.

So my question is, I it worth it to get this base model F Pace or would it make sense to wait until I can afford the Prestige or the S. Or for $100 dollars less a month should I get the RX which come standard with all of the things I would pay extra for on the F Pace.

I definitely prefer the F Pace, it is such a beautiful SUV and such a fun drive, but the base model seems so lacking when compared to the RX which has those features plus a much nicer luxurious interior.

PS Family of 3, my wife and our 4 month old baby. Just curious about peoples thoughts.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can't tell you what to do with your finances.

But, I did test drive the RX350, and it felt like a much bigger car. Doesn't have the same driving performance as the FPace. If you are more worried about driving performance, go with the Fpace. But if those other things that come with the RX are more important, i'd go with the RX for now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Traded a 2 yr old Rx for my F-Pace S. Never cared for the soft ride and slow acceleration of the Rx. It was actually bought for my wife but she never liked driving it so I got stuck with it! The F-Pace is a much sportier, stiffer riding automobile. These are characteristics I prefer. I do agree the Rx had a "cushier" ride, and historically, a more dependable automobile. But, in my case, I'm an empty nester and will likely never have an infant seat in my ride! The Rx will never equal the thrill ride of the F-Pace in sport/dynamic mode!!

On a more practical note, I live in an area that receives huge amounts of lake effect snow in the winter. I was never fully pleased with the AWD system in the Rx. I got stuck on more than one occasion getting out of my driveway. The JLR AWD system in the F-Pace is much more effective. Not once this winter did I come close to being stuck. In fact, I found it hard to have the tires break away in snow even with aggressive acceleration.

I don't think it matters which model FP you get. I test drove a base model and was blown away by the performance! The S model just adds a bit more horse power, and more bells and whistles. You also have a bit more control over acceleration, steering, and suspension. None of this is available on the Rx.

Not sure if this makes your decision any easier, but the F-Pace is the overall best SUV I've ever owned including similar trucks from Ford, Mercedes, VW, Volvo, and GMC.

Good luck!!

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Traded a 2 yr old Rx for my F-Pace S. Never cared for the soft ride and slow acceleration of the Rx. It was actually bought for my wife but she never liked driving it so I got stuck with it! The F-Pace is a much sportier, stiffer riding automobile. These are characteristics I prefer. I do agree the Rx had a "cushier" ride, and historically, a more dependable automobile. But, in my case, I'm an empty nester and will likely never have an infant seat in my ride! The Rx will never equal the thrill ride of the F-Pace in sport/dynamic mode!!

On a more practical note, I live in an area that receives huge amounts of lake effect snow in the winter. I was never fully pleased with the AWD system in the Rx. I got stuck on more than one occasion getting out of my driveway. The JLR AWD system in the F-Pace is much more effective. Not once this winter did I come close to being stuck. In fact, I found it hard to have the tires break away in snow even with aggressive acceleration.

I don't think it matters which model FP you get. I test drove a base model and was blown away by the performance! The S model just adds a bit more horse power, and more bells and whistles. You also have a bit more control over acceleration, steering, and suspension. None of this is available on the Rx.

Not sure if this makes your decision any easier, but the F-Pace is the overall best SUV I've ever owned including similar trucks from Ford, Mercedes, VW, Volvo, and GMC.

Good luck!!

I do live in an area (the Okanagan) that does get a lot of snow, haven't seen my grass in 3 months so performance in snow is important. Sounds like the F Pace is better in snow. But having snow and being so cold in the winter the heated seats are nice to have in the RX and in the crazy hot summer the ventilated seats are nice to have. Such a tough decision as they are competitors but they are such different SUV's, not an easy decision to make.

Thanks for your guys opinion.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I might get bashed for this, but probably as a young family possibly with only 2 vehicles and a hectic life style.. The last thing you need is a vehicle that is quirky, has problems or needs to go back to a dealer that is distance away for nuisance issues.... I'd prob pick the more bulletproof RX.

I can't wait to get my F Pace, and I hope it is trouble free, But I have extra vehicles in my family and I am retired, so if it throws me some curves...I have time to deal with it and something else to drive if the dealer has it for a while ( Although you should always expect to get a loaner...). I remember the hectic child raising years, and having car issues was just another headache I did not need ( Especially if it was your wife's car !)
You have to do what's best for you, But I always try to keep headaches to a minimum if I can plan for it with better decision-making.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
The last thing you need is a vehicle that is quirky, has problems or needs to go back to a dealer that is distance away for nuisance issues.... I'd prob pick the more bulletproof RX.
BASHING INITIATED:
What makes you think that the FP is guaranteed to have problems and be constantly in a state of repair? If the dealer PDI prep is performed properly (which can be emphasized using the forum letter) and all software/Topix updates are addressed the way they're supposed to be, then there is no reason for this car to be just as reliable as other brands. Don't be fooled by the skewed participation of disgruntled owners who insist on using this forum as their therapeutic source to vent all their grievances (some of which are justified, but not all). I have two young kids and 14K miles on my RS that was built back in March 2016 and have only been to the dealer twice for isolator squeaking and software upgrades (neither put my family at risk nor was a major nuisance). I have no issues with people posting their opinions on what makes the most sense for them, but I do feel the need to speak up when blanket statements are made making it seem like isolated problems are rampant on every model. Enough with the fake news and alternative facts!
BASHING COMPLETED

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi everyone, so I have a F Pace on hold with a deposit here in Vancouver Canada. The base gas 35t premium model, for a great lease price of about $660 Canadian after taxes with $5,000 down. The thing is for a car that's around $60,000 Canadian after taxes it doesn't even come with features such as heated seats and other features that are standard on other SUVs. That seems like a lot of money on a SUV that really comes very not very well equipped with the base model.

The RX 350 I can get for $560 a month and the base version comes with things like heated seats and steering wheel, air conditioned ventilated seats and all the extra safety features that were only available on the luxury model in 2016 that are now standard features on the base model.

So my question is, I it worth it to get this base model F Pace or would it make sense to wait until I can afford the Prestige or the S. Or for $100 dollars less a month should I get the RX which come standard with all of the things I would pay extra for on the F Pace.

I definitely prefer the F Pace, it is such a beautiful SUV and such a fun drive, but the base model seems so lacking when compared to the RX which has those features plus a much nicer luxurious interior.

PS Family of 3, my wife and our 4 month old baby. Just curious about peoples thoughts.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Go with your Heart and your gut feel. You only live once, and enjoy your FPace which will make you young again!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
GREAT !! I'm with ya !! I want to be a believer !! I certainly hope this is the case !

As I have poured over this Forum and mulled my decision to buy this vehicle, I want it for it's beauty, looks, sporty handling and unique Jag experience. I have no doubt that it will deliver that. I'm hoping that the MY 2018 will bring a rewarding, most problems fixed, trouble free experience....

But why is it on forums that when you ask about what is great about it and what do you think or like about this? ( In a positive light..) you get 3 responses....But when you post about a bad experience or a unresolved dealer issue, or a chronic vehicle issue you can rack up 300+ posts on it? As a newcomer to this forum I was overwhelmed by the negative discussions of any certain issue as I clicked thru the categories... But that doesn't scare me off as I believe they were and are new model teething issues.

Anything I post is just my opinion only, Never meant to degrade or down anyone or anything concerning them, or their vehicle. I enjoy reading about owners and their experiences.. (More so when they are good...!)... I almost wish any of these forums had a "GOOD REVIEW" area only where you could only discuss the vehicle and features in a positive light only....

·
Registered
517 Posts
But why is it on forums that when you ask about what is great about it and what do you think or like about this? ( In a positive light..) you get 3 responses....But when you post about a bad experience or a unresolved dealer issue, or a chronic vehicle issue you can rack up 300+ posts on it?
Misery loves company? :)
I have to say though that for the most part I've found this particular forum and it's members to be more helpful than most with positive feedback to questions and issues. Sure, there are some long running complaint threads, but ask a question and you'll likely get many positive, helpful responses.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Totally different vehicles.

F Pace a crossover with a sport's car personality competing directly with Macan, Maserati and Alfa Romeo (coming soon) and possibly the MB GLC AMG version. In my opinion the best of these and the best value is the F Pace.

The RX a luxury crossover with lots of features, cushy ride, and renowned Toyota reliability. Competes against many in it's class, in particular offering from Infinity, Lincoln, Cadillac. The most popular luxury crossover on the market so Lexus must be doing something right but whatever they are doing is not the same as Jaguar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello portugoal. I live in West Kelowna. Did you look at the Kelowna Dealer? Also did you see my post re Unhaggle?

Hi,

Thanks for your response on the rx350 vs F Pace thread.

I am in lake country, I did check out the Kelowna dealership but there quote on 2017 Premium 35t was like $878 a month.

In Langley they had a demo of this model for about $730 a month lease, but I was able to get them down all the way to $663.

What price did you pay?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I will not finalize my lease until next week so cannot give you figures on the 20d R-Sport with 2014 MDX Navi lease buyout of 2 months. I mightily suggest you call Andrew Carter, Sales Mgr, Jaguar Land Rover Kelowna @ 250 491 9348[FONT=&quot]. Spe[FONT=&quot]a[/FONT]k only to Andrew who I informed that someone from Lake Country may phone him.
[FONT=&quot]Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
[FONT=&quot]Did you look at my[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]previous[/FONT] post re Unhaggle[FONT=&quot] and Jag Canada [FONT=&quot]incentive's[/FONT]?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT] [/FONT]

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Misery loves company? :)
I have to say though that for the most part I've found this particular forum and it's members to be more helpful than most with positive feedback to questions and issues. Sure, there are some long running complaint threads, but ask a question and you'll likely get many positive, helpful responses.
And don't forget the *GR* installed *ENTERTAINMENT VALUE* of this forum !!! >:)

That's *PRICELE$$* !!! ;)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
BASHING INITIATED:

BASHING COMPLETED
And Ladies & Gentlemen fighting in this corner out of the Great State of New Jersey , wearing the *RHODIUM SILVER* trunks , representing the Integrity , the Beauty , the Flawless Engineering and the Masterful Design that we have all come to know as the Jaguar F-Pace , we have *THE BASHER* !!! Formerly known as *theRAMSTA* !!! >:)
His biggest adversaries being "Fake News" and "Alternative Facts" , are always on the run from him , as he is always in the shadows waiting to POUNCE (get it , Jaguar??? :p) , and show them the LIGHT !!! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But versus the RX 350 is the ride a lot more bumpy on the f pace? Wife loved the comfortable feeling of the rx 350, I don't really remember the ride quality of the F Pace versus the RX. Is it smooth over bumps? Cargo space does suck in the RX, way more room in the F Pace.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
One thing I've learned.. if its the wife's car.. let her decide and go with it even if it isn't what you think may be best. Fortunately my wife liked the F Pace for its uniqueness. So I am happy as I wanted to try it too.

But she almost bought a convertible Evoque... And if that was her decision I would have lived with it.... When it comes to cars our rule is.... You drive it so you pick what you want!

Reactions: kerrydel
1 - 19 of 19 Posts