Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to decide which car to buy, both are quite the same price, actually I have found 2 cars with the same mileage , each one costs 20.000 EURO. The difference between them is the year (2012 Porsche Cayenne and 2016 F-Pace) and the tremendous extra futures that Cayenne has (air suspension with multiple settings, ventilated seats front and back, panorama, heated seats both front and back, heated steering wheel, WEBASTO with remote). Also the initial price of the Porsche was 120.0000 EURO , while the Jaguar I think it was max 60.000 EURO , the Jaguar F-Pace have as extras leather interior and heated sets. One downside of the Porsche is the local yearly tax which is 400 EURO for 3.0L Diesel engine. The F-Pace has 2.0 Diesel engine ( 30 EURO yearly tax).

What car should I buy ? The exterior of the F-Pace is clearly more modern but the interior seems more elegant on Cayenne and the extra features costed a fortune. Both cars are very well maintained. Its simply incredible how much money is lost with the Cayenne , 100.000 EURO in 8 years !

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
450 Posts
I hope someone in Europe can address your question. Cost of maintenance and repairs there should be a major determining consideration. I know that here a 9-year-old Porsche could be a potential nightmare, but would a 4-year-old Jag be much better, with less costly features?
Other considerations, such as how important the features are to you personally, are purely subjective - you'd be a better judge than we.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My have a 2020 f-pace and my previous car was a 2014 Base Cayenne (same car as a 2012). They drive similar, the jag might stay centered in the lane better but feels the wind more. My cayenne had steel springs but still handled bumps in turns better than the Jag even in dynamic, even though mine is an SVR. The jag bounces kinda sloppy. The loner Jag sedan I had did the same sloppy bounce. The Porsche PCM is really dated and sluggish when compared to the Jag icpt. My Porsche had the Bose upgrade. It is better than the 800 watt Jag. It is not even close. Porsches build quality is better, again, it is not even close. Porsches maintenance is just crazy. The first time you see a bill you will think they are joking. Brakes at the dealer for the cayenne are $2500 per axle. Map updates for porsche will cost you $1000. The big ticket issue with the cayenne is the transfer case. It costs $4500 to replace and they have known issues. A Porsche Oil change costs $300, the diesel (in the US goes 5,000 miles. I think the UK is 10k). You will like either car, but I think the purchase of either is only the beginning. I would look a head and figure out what you think a couple of years of ownership is gonna cost you. To give you a quick answer to your question. The Porsche probably drives better and costs WAY more over all. I would pick the jag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My have a 2020 f-pace and my previous car was a 2014 Base Cayenne (same car as a 2012). They drive similar, the jag might stay centered in the lane better but feels the wind more. My cayenne had steel springs but still handled bumps in turns better than the Jag even in dynamic, even though mine is an SVR. The jag bounces kinda sloppy. The loner Jag sedan I had did the same sloppy bounce. The Porsche PCM is really dated and sluggish when compared to the Jag icpt. My Porsche had the Bose upgrade. It is better than the 800 watt Jag. It is not even close. Porsches build quality is better, again, it is not even close. Porsches maintenance is just crazy. The first time you see a bill you will think they are joking. Brakes at the dealer for the cayenne are $2500 per axle. Map updates for porsche will cost you $1000. The big ticket issue with the cayenne is the transfer case. It costs $4500 to replace and they have known issues. A Porsche Oil change costs $300, the diesel (in the US goes 5,000 miles. I think the UK is 10k). You will like either car, but I think the purchase of either is only the beginning. I would look a head and figure out what you think a couple of years of ownership is gonna cost you. To give you a quick answer to your question. The Porsche probably drives better and costs WAY more over all. I would pick the jag.
In my country Porsche Cayenne can be repaired at decent prices, way lower then the one mentioned by you, so the maintenance would not be an issue locally. One of the funny facts is the local tax for this 3.0 engine which is 400 EURO /year. I drive 10.000 KM per year, that means that I have to spend ~75 EURO every month for fuel while the counsil tax is 33 EURO/month (400/12) :D

PS: The mentioned Cayenne have Bose printed on the front doors speaker , I can see the bass box inside the trunk. I had a Range Rover Evoque before , the sound was wayyyyyyy better on the 400W Evoque Meridian... Or maybe I didn't made the proper test on Cayenne, I just listened to some random radio song with bass at max level and was veryyy dissapointed

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it has bose on the doors, it has bose. It has a lot of bass, if the car you looked at didnt you might have found a problem. I was playing with mine and a hand held sound meter. My car played crystal clear at 117 decibels. I am just going to guess why the tax is higher for the Porsche. In the US they have a really high gross vehicle weight, so high you can register them as farm equipment and somehow cheat on tax. I dont remember the details. They are both very nice cars. The porsche PCM will be a bit of a let down, but if you dont use NAV and if the car does not have something called "online services" you may not notice. The online service allows the car to use google map locations on the screen in the car and lets you listen to online radio via Aha radio. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts