Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again , just checking to see if anyone has purchased extra , or included in your order , the Front and/or Rear Splash Guards ??? When we purchased ours , the dealer had SLATHERED some Armor All on the Tires , and I have noticed some spray behind the Front and Rear Tires ! Just wondering if it is just from EXCESSIVE ARMOR ALL , or is anybody else noticing it just from ordinary road spray ! I think the Splash Guards would help with this , but I am concerned that they might take away from the SLEEK LOOK of the F-Pace ! OPINIONS ANYBODY ???

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
I got them to reduce gravel being tossed up. The fit is not great, dealer was unable to get fit exactly right on first try and they are going to work on them more this week. Others have had fit problems too. The outside edge of guards doesn't quite mold to body as tightly as it should. Aesthetically other than that I don't think they detract at all from looks.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
First of all, it's ok to not use caps. There's italics, bold, underline, or even different colors. ;)

Don't get splash guards for a tire dressing the dealer put on. What you need to do is wash those tires with a good brush then buy a water/gel based product. Not only does Armor All sling like crazy, it dries out plastics and rubber like an alcohol based product would. It's doing more harm than good.

I use a chemical guys product and have never had any sling at all.

In summary:

Caps bad
Armor All bad
Water/gel based dressing good

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Oh and I use Formula 303 Aerospace Protectant on any plastics outside or inside.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I use Formula 303 Aerospace Protectant on any plastics outside or inside.
So is it "Forumla 303" for the Plastics , and "chemical guys" for the Tires ? And can I get them at a Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Store ? I hope you appreciate my lack of caps in this response ! :) My Nieces and Nephews always tell me that people will think I am shouting at them because I like to text in all caps ! I just do it because I think it would be easier to read ! Thanks for the info. !

·
Registered
27 Posts
aerospace 303 on all my plastics inside the vehicle. outside I use the chemical guys vrt for the tires- zero fling up on the sides of either the Jag or the Audi

Reactions: JWreck

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aerospace 303 on all my plastics inside the vehicle. outside I use the chemical guys vrt for the tires- zero fling up on the sides of either the Jag or the Audi
Thanks for the response ! You are the second person to Highly Recommend these Products !

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was thinking of mud flaps/splash guards and decided that they detract from the exterior lines after looking at some pictures.

I had XPel Ultimate protective film applied to a number of areas such as the front bumper, hood, front fenders, side mirrors, headlamps, rear cargo loading area, door edges and even on the interior black piano finish of the center console.

In addition and for a small extra charge I had it applied in back of each wheel well at about the same height as the mud flaps/splash guards going back about 6 inches. Serves more or less the same purpose and is invisible unless you know it is there. It cost me less than the mud flaps/splash guards with install costs and no drilling into the wheel wells and if necessary can easily be replaced with no damage to the vehicle.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of mud flaps/splash guards and decided that they detract from the exterior lines after looking at some pictures.

I had XPel Ultimate protective film applied to a number of areas such as the front bumper, hood, front fenders, side mirrors, headlamps, rear cargo loading area, door edges and even on the interior black piano finish of the center console.

In addition and for a small extra charge I had it applied in back of each wheel well at about the same height as the mud flaps/splash guards going back about 6 inches. Serves more or less the same purpose and is invisible unless you know it is there. It cost me less than the mud flaps/splash guards with install costs and no drilling into the wheel wells and if necessary can easily be replaced with no damage to the vehicle.
THANKS for the Info. ! I will have to look into this product ! Thanks to being part of this F-pace Forum , I am learning about ALOT of products that I didn't know about , as well as hearing from the people that actually use them ! I think I am also going to look into seeing if a GOOD Paint Shop could paint the Backside of the Splash Guards to match the color of F-Pace ! I think that would make them not stick out so much , and actually look like an original part of the F-Pace ! Thanks again !

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got them on my FE and they look great. No problem with the fit. I had them on my Range Rover before I got the FE and I can tell you, they will protect the area around the wheel from flying gravel, etc. Don't think it takes away from the overall look at all.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got them on my FE and they look great. No problem with the fit. I had them on my Range Rover before I got the FE and I can tell you, they will protect the area around the wheel from flying gravel, etc. Don't think it takes away from the overall look at all.
THANKS for the reply ! This is why I am trying to get as many Opinions as I can ! I have definitely not written them off yet ! I think they will serve a pretty good purpose ! Do you think a Paint Shop would say that they couldn't paint this type of plastic ? I can't help but think that if the backsides of them were Glacier White like my F-pace , then they would blend in even more ! If possible , I would love to see pictures of yours !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to (kind of) thread jack but does anyone know if I can still install the factory "Fixed Side Steps" (pic below) with the factory mud flaps?

<edit> nevermind... I found my answer in the description of the Fixed Side Steps: "Recommend fitted with front splash guards to protect against the build up of snow, ice or mud in extreme conditions."

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to (kind of) thread jack but does anyone know if I can still install the factory "Fixed Side Steps" (pic below) with the factory mud flaps?

<edit> nevermind... I found my answer in the description of the Fixed Side Steps: "Recommend fitted with front splash guards to protect against the build up of snow, ice or mud in extreme conditions."
Your Quick ! I was just investigating that for you , and found the same result ! It looks like the Back ones would fit as well , from the picture !

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
Back to the splash guard issue. I don't particularly like them as they look like they belong on a truck and a splash guard should protect the rear quarter panel. IMHO it goes too far underneath and makes it look like a truck mud flap.

Regarding the fit one of the things you can do is to but a rubber molding (it is essentially a rubber tube with a slit down the side). It slides over the edge that meets the fender. It acts in two ways, one it protects the fender from having the splash guard rub up against the paint and scratch it. The second is it also acts as a filler for that unevenness that happens in a lot of splash guards. Once installed it makes it look clean and even.

I have them on my Corvette and it makes them look like they came from the factory, they are after market items.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hate mine, pissed they were on there but I bought it used so I didn't have a choice. Just took them off and now there are f-ing holes in my trim pieces. I need to figure out the part numbers to see if I can replace them. Honestly had I realized just how bolted in they were I might have waited to buy a different one.

Anybody know the part numbers for the lower plastic pieces? I may see if I can get lucky and find some on ebay already painted gray and replace my non painted pieces.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I only know of ***EXTERIOR*** Splash guards..I don't think they make any ***INTERIOR*** splash guards:rolleyes::D

303 is all I use on all the plastics and vinyl including the engine bay....Maguire's Leather wipes on the seats

1 - 19 of 19 Posts