Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in anyone who is using a plate mount EZ pass. There is information from the Land Rover forums of placing them behind/within the grill area. I know the topic of EZ Pass reading inconsistencies has been discussed in other threads, but I can't find any info on grill mounting. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had one that I mounted on my license plate bracket on my previous Audi. Works fine in Illinois, not so much in Indiana and Ohio. I guess you'd have to check with PennDOT.

I mounted mine on the windshield, in the 'dotted zone' where others suggested, and, so far, it worked fine in Indiana and Illinois.

Kerry

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm interested in anyone who is using a plate mount EZ pass. There is information from the Land Rover forums of placing them behind/within the grill area. I know the topic of EZ Pass reading inconsistencies has been discussed in other threads, but I can't find any info on grill mounting. Thanks for any help!
Any particular issue with using the standard EZ Pass mounted in the windshield? I have no issues with mine in the dotted area but it's the newer, smaller unit. No experience with external transponders, might have to call EZ Pass.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine is mounted on my front license plate here in NY and works perfectly. Never had any issues.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any particular issue with using the standard EZ Pass mounted in the windshield? I have no issues with mine in the dotted area but it's the newer, smaller unit. No experience with external transponders, might have to call EZ Pass.
I have the heated windshield option and even putting the device on the black dotted area of the windshield, I still get mis-readings and have to change lanes to pay cash, or pay in the mail!!! It's a real pain in the a&&. I figured I could hide the plate mounted unit in or behind the grill since Pa has no front plate. Hoping someone has tried it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why not just put on some dummy Pa plate? Or have one made up and install it there. It works well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not just put on some dummy Pa plate? Or have one made up and install it there. It works well.
Don't really want to drill holes in my pristine front bumper! In states where there is no front plate, the front bumper in not predrilled.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the device mounted within the grill of a LR

Attachments

Reactions: ILoopThem
1 - 8 of 8 Posts