Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, loving my 2017 f pace, but wondering if I should buy an extended warranty.
I’m still covered for a couple of years, So I’m just researching my options.
Thoughts???

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi all, loving my 2017 f pace, but wondering if I should buy an extended warranty.
Thoughts???
Surprised no one has gotten back to you... well uh, if it were me and I was going to keep that car, absolutely!!! Just one thing can pay for the entire warranty cost and all you have to do is read the posts on this forum to know there's a lot of things that can go wrong... You'd need to look around at the cost of the warranty though because that's where some people make a lot of money and I'm sure some warranties are worse than others depending on who's actually paying for the repairs.

I remember when I bought a Scion XD to basically give to my daughter in short order, they came back with a warranty cost of $2600 and that was just the warranty for AFTER the factory warranty, like another 3 years or so and/or 20k or 30k miles. That was totally outrageous (for a cheap little car) and I let the guy have it of how insulted I felt after just buying a new car from him. I got it down to $900, and it definitely paid for itself down the road when those high voltage coils started failing....

Parts are so freaking expensive anymore, especially anything that's proprietary - what are you going to do when that whole headlight assembly goes out? They are not cheap.....

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I wouldn't buy any warranty that wasn't JLR factory offered and backed. 3rd party warranties are notorious for not covering things for a myriad of reasons. I've never seen a JLR plan or price, but I bet if offered, it would be enough to make you swallow twice before buying it.
Personally, I'm going to ride out the 5/60 and see how the vehicle is performing. If it's got continuing problems, its gone... If it's doing really well, might keep it a year longer. Its really up to the vehicle itself....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thoughts???
Have you purchased the warrenty? If yes how much and where did you purchase from?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Knowing that the profit margins on extended warranties is over 50%, I prefer to self-insure. That said, there are certainly instances where people have come out well ahead - kind of like there are lottery winners every day. I've always said that the best investment you can make is to buy a winning lottery ticket. I suppose it's also true when buying warranties and your car is a lemon. Meanwhile, if you decide to go the warranty route, I agree with the advice to stick with a JLR plan. It won't be the cheapest, but it stands to be around and better prepared to cover proper repairs and use OEM parts. Extended warranties are a "peace of mind" product, and it won't do you much good if it won't pay out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts