Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my F-Pace FE June 2017 and I brought 120 months\75,000 miles extended warranty with the car. I am thinking of selling my car one of my co-worker told me I might be able to get my extended warranty money back since the extended warranty doesn't kick in until the factory warranty expires.

Have anyone do this before? I call the dealership up and waiting for them to call me back, but I have a feeling they will not be returning my call.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Didn't you get 65 page long fine print with your Extended Warranty purchase that explains in layman's terms what you are entitled to?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think you are wasting your time contacting the dealer. That 65 page fine print agreement that NtC is talking about should include contact info for whomever issued the extended warranty agreement. Possibly Jaguar back office, more likely a third party provider, but either way it’s highly unlikely the dealership has any control nor can/will they do much to help you.

I’m assuming you’re in the U.S., could work differently elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
no, you can not get refund but you can transfer it to new owner. If the car is totaled however you can get a refund.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
439 Posts
Actually I purchased extended warranty and got a 100% refund when it was determined that it did not cover anything. Also I called dealership first to complain that they the warranty is useless even actual warranty was handled by 3rd party provider and I needed to pick up refund check from the dealer's office. So I don't think it's not wrong to call a dealer. However you need to keep in mind that by requesting refund dealer has little or no incentive to provide you with assistance. It does not mean they won't but you need to know if your request is legit. If I was a dealer and I would sniff out that you have not bothered to read Extended Warranty contract before calling me I would figure out how I could convince you that you are not entitled to refund.

I am sorry for being smart Alex in my previous post however my point more or less what that this is a time when you better familiarize yourself with the boring contract terms that none of us reads at TOS. I honestly did not think I will be able to get refund back since I did not read the contract page by page when I bought it. However once I read through I concluded that it was completely useless and I pressured mostly dealer that they sold me something that they knew I could not use. I was total pest with them as well. I drove to the dealership, found the salesman that sold me EW, we sat at the desk and point by point I made him to admit that contract was useless, that even he was not familiar with what he was selling to me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
NewToCats said:
my point more or less what that this is a time when you better familiarize yourself with the boring contract terms that none of us reads at TOS.
Although a huge PITA, this is the correct answer. (Well really the correct answer is to do what almost none of us do - myself included - and read before you sign.)

The experience of others and/or answers from your dealer just can’t substitute for knowing your rights under the specific agreement you signed. Brew some strong coffee and get to reading. :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
The experience of others and/or answers from your dealer just can’t substitute for knowing your rights under the specific agreement you signed.
Exactly! You may think that all contracts are the same but who knows. If there is an industry that knows how to customize contracts then it's the insurance industry fore sure.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Actually I purchased extended warranty and got a 100% refund when it was determined that it did not cover anything. Also I called dealership first to complain that they the warranty is useless even actual warranty was handled by 3rd party provider and I needed to pick up refund check from the dealer's office. So I don't think it's not wrong to call a dealer. However you need to keep in mind that by requesting refund dealer has little or no incentive to provide you with assistance. It does not mean they won't but you need to know if your request is legit. If I was a dealer and I would sniff out that you have not bothered to read Extended Warranty contract before calling me I would figure out how I could convince you that you are not entitled to refund.

I am sorry for being smart Alex in my previous post however my point more or less what that this is a time when you better familiarize yourself with the boring contract terms that none of us reads at TOS. I honestly did not think I will be able to get refund back since I did not read the contract page by page when I bought it. However once I read through I concluded that it was completely useless and I pressured mostly dealer that they sold me something that they knew I could not use. I was total pest with them as well. I drove to the dealership, found the salesman that sold me EW, we sat at the desk and point by point I made him to admit that contract was useless, that even he was not familiar with what he was selling to me.
was your refund in first 30 days? My docs said within 30 days, yes refund.

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
The key to your dilemma is the word "Extended" it "Extends" your warranty it does not add on. Although it sounds like a play on words the dealer should have made you aware of what the T's and C's were.

At least they should know what they are selling but in many cases it is not about what you sell but rather how much $$$ they can make. That is evident by the knowledge of some sales people (not all but some).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The key to your dilemma is the word "Extended" it "Extends" your warranty it does not add on. Although it sounds like a play on words the dealer should have made you aware of what the T's and C's were.

At least they should know what they are selling but in many cases it is not about what you sell but rather how much $$$ they can make. That is evident by the knowledge of some sales people (not all but some).
You are correct, why somebody would pay BIG money to cover themselves for an extra 15K miles is beyond me. I MIGHT consider an extended warranty ONLY if it was factory sponsored and backed. But I'm sure it would be very expensive if offered. Third party warranties are HUGE profits for dealers and 7-10 times won't help you when you need it. I'd save that money for your next down payment after the 5/60 runs out. This is not a vehicle you can just run down to autozone and get parts on a Sunday afternoon when the warranty is over.....Some will differ with me, but in my opinion this is not a "I'm keeping this one forever" vehicle.....:|

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
but in my opinion this is not a "I'm keeping this one forever" vehicle.....:|
Ummmm ,
I really hope you are wrong , because *12-15 Years* was my plan !!!

I am usually *IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL* , when I purchase my vehicles !!!

That is why I only buy vehicles that I *LOVE to LOOK at* , just like the F-PACE !!!>:)

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
I generally shun extended warranties on anything because some actuary somewhere has determined that it will be profitable for the provider therefore not a good bet for the purchaser. General rule being don’t pay an insurance premium for anything your can afford to self insure for. However I once was feeling flush and bought an extended warranty for a Grand Cherokee that worked out well when entire transmission had to be replace past the normal warranty but that was sheer luck.

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ummmm ,

That is why I only buy vehicles that I *LOVE to LOOK at* , just like the F-PACE !!!>:)
I do the same but you need to remember, It's a Jaguar ;) so you can bet some issues will creep up after the 5yr/60,000 expires

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,363 Posts
Ummmm ,

Most dealers around here will not work on cars that are older than 10 yrs it’s took exspensive to plus they can’t get parts. They start working on one thing then then some other part breaks. Like wiring clips and other things. I love my car but it will be gone in 5yrs there is no way I’m paying for JLR repairs. I’m not worried about miles.

I have had over 10k in warranty work so far

Good luck with 12-15 years. You want long term reliably get a Lexus (Toyota) I sold my 2013 GS300 when I got my F-PACE and got top dollar for it because it was like new and worked great.

DP

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Most dealers around here will not work on cars that are older than 10 yrs it’s took exspensive to plus they can’t get parts. They start working on one thing then then some other part breaks. Like wiring clips and other things. I love my car but it will be gone in 5yrs there is no way I’m paying for JLR repairs. I’m not worried about miles.

I have had over 10k in warranty work so far

Good luck with 12-15 years. You want long term reliably get a Lexus (Toyota) I sold my 2013 GS300 when I got my F-PACE and got top dollar for it because it was like new and worked great.

DP
I currently have 2 other Jaguars 1977 and 2004 and Jaguar dealer will work on them. As a matter of fact when I bought Quorra back in March I was at the dealer with 2 cars and 1 driver so I left the '04 at dealer to have oil change, plugs etc so I could drive F-PACE home

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ummmm ,

I LOVE your enthusiasm, but I'd take bets that reality will steer you other wise. I will say though I did buy my RAM as a "forever" vehicle and so far has not let me down whatsoever in 14 years. Not one engine, tranny, drive line or other issue in those years with my own reasonable maintenance. It's only repairs have been new brakes, new ball joints, new batteries, 35.00 water pump and one front axle U joint in 14 years. And parts can be bought cheap right down the road on Sunday.... Neither the JEEP or the FP will ever replicate that.... Too complex.....:D

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I love my car but it will be gone in 5yrs
Apparently , YOU don't know the meaning of *TRUE LOVE* !!!;)

To me ,
your statement means that YOU just *Like* your car , just a little bit , and just for a little while !!!>:)

But that's ok , some people have a hard time with *Commitment* !!! To each his/her own !!!:D

P.S. And as far as *Good Luck with 12-15 Years* , maybe YOUR vehicles wouldn't require so much time at the Dealers , if YOU didn't take apart every piece of them , just to see what's underneath !!!;)
Once again , to each his/her own !!!:)

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I LOVE your enthusiasm, but I'd take bets that reality will steer you other wise.
I would be very careful what you WAGER my friend , seeings how you are talking to someone who owned a *1998 Suzuki Swift* for *12-Years* , and a *2000 Saturn LS* for *14-Years* , and *2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Van w/7.3 Turbo Diesel* for *14-Years AND COUNTING* !!! And my *2014 Ford Fusion* isn't going anywhere , anytime soon either !!!
Our *2013 Nissan Rogue* had such a Short Life with us , ONLY because of the *BEAUTY , THAT IS THE F-PACE* !!!;)

As long as the vehicle I own *SERVES IT'S PURPOSE* , I hold onto them as long as possible !!!

As you can probably tell , the F-PACE is kinda *Out-Of-Place* , as far as my *Stable of Previous Vehicles* goes ! Costing *3-TIMES* what I would normally spend on a vehicle ! Well , that is because the *PURPOSE* the F-PACE *SERVES* , is merely that I *LOVE to LOOK at it . . . . . and DRIVE IT of course* !!!>:)

Some people feel that the *ISSUES* outweigh the *LOOK* !!!
For me , the *LOOK* reigns SUPREME !!!:D I can deal with the Issues !!!:)

I am hopeful that any *ISSUES* with the F-PACE , can be FIXED or WORKED OUT , within the *5-Year Warranty* time-frame !!! I have fortunately been one of the LUCKY ones , who have NOT had any MAJOR ISSUES so far , (20K+miles) already !!!0:)

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
You want long term reliably get a Lexus (Toyota) I sold my 2013 GS300 when I got my F-PACE and got top dollar for it because it was like new and worked great.

DP
I'm not quite sure *4-Year Old Vehicle* and *Long Term Reliability* can be used in the same sentence ???;)

That being said , I would certainly hope your *2013 Lexus* was *still like new and worked great* !!!>:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
4 months ago when I picked up my F-Pace I bought an extended warranty for up to 7 years or 100k miles. It's from a company in Florida, and I wonder whether that company will pay if there is a problem that falls under the waranty. I could have cancelled for full refund within 60 days, but couldn't make up my mind. Still can't make up my mind about cancellation.

On my previous vehicle the transmission crapped out in only 6 years, requiring a $5k rebuild. That was on my mind when I bought the extended warranty, and the fact that I've owned my vehicles for an average of 9.5 years each.

This week I just realized that my first vehicle, a 1978 IH Scout II, could have lasted me over 40 years, maybe 50. I'm amazed at how many of those are still running. Kinda regret giving that one up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts