Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm a new F Pace owner, love my new ride but after cleaning my rims I've noticed there are about 8-10 log nuts sticking out 1- 2 inches ? and an exposed electrical wire in the wheel well ? Kinda disappointed, considering this is a luxury brand I was expecting better ? Can anyone explain the reason behind this or just lazy design on Jaguars part ?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think the "convenient" approach to designing some of these fasteners is definitely a factor, but they were also probably trying to minimize intrusion into the vehicle for those push fasteners. You need to consider "ease of removal" as well as "what does this look like" in certain situations. The exposed wires are on almost every car if it involves suspension or brake sensors. The nature of those components having electronics in them means you are going to see a wire at some point.

But honestly, not many people spend time looking deep into their wheel wells so they probably didn't care.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I don't see those wires as exposed. The combining tape just runs a little short of the entry to the shock (I think), it's probably the control for the dynamic ride settings. Those push fasteners are normal. That holds in the inside fender liner I believe. I agree with Dakar, those push fasters save time on assembly and work well enough until you have to remove something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts