Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I’m having a issue where my live traffic stopped working after a recent update.
Jaguar service can’t figure out why?
I spoke with att. We re-installed the wireless plan.
still not working.
It says my license has expired
This may be the problem. How can I fix this? What are the steps to renew?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm actually having the exact same issue on my 2017 so glad to see I'm not the only one.
My ICTP display says my Connected Services are expired, and that I can go to www.jaguar.here.com to renew.

But when I go on the website it tells me my subscription is valid until 5/17/2021. Looks like you're having the same issue??

Not sure why the disconnect...classic Jaguar Land Rover it seems. If you find a solution I'll be interested in trying it out, was planning on asking my dealer on my next visit in a few months since I don't use the ICTP navigation much.

For the record I don't have an ATT data plan and use FreedomPOP, same issue on wifi or hotspot so I'm not sure if its the carrier. Plus all other functions that require data work just fine with my FreedomPOP simcard.

Reactions: smerlal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually having the exact same issue on my 2017 so glad to see I'm not the only one.
My ICTP display says my Connected Services are expired, and that I can go to www.jaguar.here.com to renew.

But when I go on the website it tells me my subscription is valid until 5/17/2021. Looks like you're having the same issue??

Not sure why the disconnect...classic Jaguar Land Rover it seems. If you find a solution I'll be interested in trying it out, was planning on asking my dealer on my next visit in a few months since I don't use the ICTP navigation much.

For the record I don't have an ATT data plan and use FreedomPOP, same issue on wifi or hotspot so I'm not sure if its the carrier. Plus all other functions that require data work just fine with my FreedomPOP simcard.

View attachment 72529
View attachment 72530
Thank you Mark. I know it’s a issue. I’m a bit relieved but sorry it’s happening to others. I’ll share once I find the solution.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FXrtis22 - Hopefully your dealer was able to fix this issue for you when you brought your car in for service.

I have an appointment next week and was planning on going over this issue with service, but then OUT OF NOWHERE yesterday I noticed the traffic was working on my navigation. When I looked at the license information in my settings the Connected Services subscription now shows active with the correct expiration date.

Maybe there were a few complaints to JLR and they were able to fix this issue somehow on their end???
Hopefully everyone else with this issue has experienced the same....

Reactions: smerlal

·
Registered
1 Posts
FXrtis22 - Hopefully your dealer was able to fix this issue for you when you brought your car in for service.

I have an appointment next week and was planning on going over this issue with service, but then OUT OF NOWHERE yesterday I noticed the traffic was working on my navigation. When I looked at the license information in my settings the Connected Services subscription now shows active with the correct expiration date.

Maybe there were a few complaints to JLR and they were able to fix this issue somehow on their end???
Hello mark
No my dealership still has my car it’s been over 3 weeks now. The issue remains! So did your license expire before it self fixed?

·
Registered
40 Posts
They've had your car for 3-weeks to look into this?? Eek!
Hope you have a really nice loaner!!

Mine appears to have fixed itself for the moment after maybe 2-ish months of saying my license was expired (when it had a year left). This is Jaguar so if the issue popped back up I wouldn't be shocked, but for now it seems to have been corrected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello mark
No my dealership still has my car it’s been over 3 weeks now. The issue remains! So did your license expire before it self fixed?

[/QU

Hi
I have a -F-Pace First Edition and had this problem. I submitted a ticket to JLR and then I called the JLR help desk and was initially told my license had expired. I pointed out that this was a 5-year warranty and the tech agreed that the license should be active for another 12 months and I was asked to visit the dealership. When I checked about 10 minutes later I had Traffic restored so I believe that the JLR Technician Fixed it or the problem has been fixed at HERE.
Les H.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
10 Posts
Dealer had mine almost 2 weeks. Finally fixed for now but a complete headache. Everyone from Jaguar- even the ICTP experts claimed the problem was with my sim card. Strictly a license issue. Will not bore you with details but Jaguar USA service is next to worthless!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem here. Instead of a car one buys a phone! It is very easy to render a car useless if the license expires. In my case it’s the car apps license that expired and not the SIM card.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I own a 2017 First Edition (purchased in July 2016) and ran through this about a year ago and then again this year. In 2020 my vehicle stated that my license had expired but online it indicated I had another 12 months. After a long discussion with JLR Support, it was resolved and my license was good for another year. (Sounded like a host software bug to me) After my 5 year license period expired in July 2021 I found that I had to buy two new licenses, one for INCONTROL functions purchased from JLR through their site and a second license for traffic updates, etc from HERE purchased from their site. Two payments all working.
I hope this helps.
Les H
2017 F-Pace First Edition

·
Registered
261 Posts
The early production vehicles initially showed a 4 year subscription period. My MY17 that was built in 6/16 came that way as well. My impression is that JLR US decided late to extend the window and warranty period to 5 years and the systems weren't fully aligned. In my case, the fix was applied before it "expired."

Reactions: L Hamilton

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I own a 2017 First Edition (purchased in July 2016) and ran through this about a year ago and then again this year. In 2020 my vehicle stated that my license had expired but online it indicated I had another 12 months. After a long discussion with JLR Support, it was resolved and my license was good for another year. (Sounded like a host software bug to me) After my 5 year license period expired in July 2021 I found that I had to buy two new licenses, one for INCONTROL functions purchased from JLR through their site and a second license for traffic updates, etc from HERE purchased from their site. Two payments all working.
I hope this helps.
Les H
2017 F-Pace First Edition
How much were each of the licenses?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts