Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering we ordered our F-Pace S sight unseen like most of us, we are pleasantly surprised to find little to complain about with this vehicle once it arrived. We love it. There is one disappointment... the exhaust sounds marginal from the outside and completely wimpy from the inside. This is my wife's car and she is very disappointed with the exhaust sound.

She has always rolled her eyes when I mentioned aftermarket performance exhausts on my vehicles. Not this time. She actually supports looking into performance exhaust options as soon as they are developed. You know it must be bad if my wife is complaining. Assume it will take some time for some options to develop. Have't seen anything yet.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Were you expecting the sound of a race car? >:)

I'm not disappointed, it has a different type of growl, one that you might expect from a V-6 rather than a V-8. The aftermarket exhausts when they are available will make you happy but beware of the drone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check out these guys if you are looking for an amazing exhaust. http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com I already contact them and they said they should have an exhaust system soon . You can hear some of their exhaust in many of the luxury cars that they make them for on the site . If you want to hear their exhaust on a F type YouTube.... seen through glass.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Considering we ordered our F-Pace S sight unseen like most of us, we are pleasantly surprised to find little to complain about with this vehicle once it arrived. We love it. There is one disappointment... the exhaust sounds marginal from the outside and completely wimpy from the inside. This is my wife's car and she is very disappointed with the exhaust sound.

She has always rolled her eyes when I mentioned aftermarket performance exhausts on my vehicles. Not this time. She actually supports looking into performance exhaust options as soon as they are developed. You know it must be bad if my wife is complaining. Assume it will take some time for some options to develop. Have't seen anything yet.
My concern was the opposite after reading and seeing videos on the F Pace. I do not want an every day driver with exhaust noise . When I test drove one about a month ago I was pleased that the sound was muted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out these guys if you are looking for an amazing exhaust. QuickSilver Exhaust Systems I already contact them and they said they should have an exhaust system soon . You can hear some of their exhaust in many of the luxury cars that they make them for on the site . If you want to hear their exhaust on a F type YouTube.... seen through glass.
Thanks. I will check this out. My other car is an F-Type R, so I might have unrealistic expectations!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
People, the exhaust sound in an S is excellent! According to reviewers, it is better than in the Macan I have to agree because I drove both the Macan S and Turbo without the expensive exhaust sound add-on. The f-Pace is much better.

Perhaps you are still in the break-in period and your wife hasn't exactly floored it yet. Gotta get the RPMs up, bro. :) Yesterday, I put mine in Dynamic and then turned the dial to "S". OMG! Using the paddles and a very heavy, there is all kinds of noise, so much so, people on foot were turning around and tracking my car, as I drove past.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dynamic Mode button (checkered flag) + Sport Mode on transmission selector dial + using paddle shifters should get you to where you want to go with the exhaust note.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The picture you included says it all-love it. Your new jag's engine is a baby and with TLC during the break in your cat's growl will develop. It is a different sound than the V-8 in my XF. Unique to the F-Pace.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Broke in my headlights and tail lights, now they shine brighter...

Currently waiting for my wheels to break in, heard that could take up to 2000 miles.
LOL. . .funny, but unlike your lights and wheels, your exhaust will have a richer sound once it gets some carbon built up. I know because my ears told me so (time and time again with stock and aftermarket systems) :) .

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The exhaust has to break-in, too...it'll sound best after ~500 miles.
Despite Fastpace poking fun at your comment, I have to agree with you. My car definitely sounds different than it did when I first got it. It's all broken in now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not exactly a car guy, so could someone please explain how the exhaust note improves after a break-in period?
Carbon coats the interior of the pipes, resonator, etc. . .which generally results in a slight, but noticeable improvement in the tone of the exhaust. Some people describe it as getting deeper or richer sounding, and it generally occurs after a few hundred miles on a new car or exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out these guys if you are looking for an amazing exhaust. QuickSilver Exhaust Systems I already contact them and they said they should have an exhaust system soon . You can hear some of their exhaust in many of the luxury cars that they make them for on the site . If you want to hear their exhaust on a F type YouTube.... seen through glass.
Quicksilver makes a fine product. I had one on my DB9 and it was perfect without any obtrusive cabin resonance.
It's good to know that the stock S exhaust won't be too much for my mother as she'd complain about that for sure. I hope the car is great otherwise!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Carbon coats the interior of the pipes, resonator, etc. . .which generally results in a slight, but noticeable improvement in the tone of the exhaust. Some people describe it as getting deeper or richer sounding, and it generally occurs after a few hundred miles on a new car or exhaust.

Sounds like you are describing an opera singer in Die Valkyrie.......
but you are right on point!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
My wife sat in the back of the F-Pace while test driving and when she got out she mentioned the car was loud from back there. She said it as if it was a problem and all I can do is grin :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I definitely agree with the other comments about the exhaust. I'm only at 200 miles so far, but there's definitely more growl at lower rpms than there used to be.

With this being said, I think I'm still going to upgrade to a Quicksilver exhaust to open it up even more. I spoke with them this week and they estimate they're eight weeks away from release.

Reactions: dtx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone taken theirs to a shop and looked at having the two middle resonators deleted and straight piped?

This simple mod should liven it up a bit. Trying to figure a comparison between ours and the f type

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I think the exhaust note is ideal as is. In normal mode, your wife or mom can drive this car without feeling they are in a hot rod. But it can also be driven noisy by putting it in Dynamic mode and driving manually, in "S", using the paddles. Lots of noise that way, if that is what you want. Of course it helps to have the V6 gasoline version with a supercharger. :)

1 - 20 of 226 Posts